Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Right Arm & Forearm Structure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 unK

unK

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30813
  • Ebay ID:prietojp
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:20 AM

I've been recently experimenting with my right arm structure with the intent of not letting the right elbow bend past '80 degrees'. My working theory is that this should help me increase width and reduce depth.

As someone who tends to swing back too deep and inside, this feeling of keeping my right arm on top of the left and 'straight for as long as possible' in the backswing and transition is very strange. My top position doesnt feel very 'powerfull' or connected, but the results are obviously showing otherwise. Driver (longer) and short irons (straighter) are night and day vs my 'loose right arm' swing.

Anyone else working on this feel?.

A key for me is to get the right hip as deep as possible, but in seq with the arms and right shoulder going back. (w/ Slight head start from the arms/hands)

How 'straight' vs at address do you guys feel you right arm/forearm are during transition and impact?

One intersteting thin I've noticed is how extended my right arm feel towards "third-base" past impact. Current ball flight is a draw with hooks as a miss.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors