Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

To fade or not to fade, that is the problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 andrue

andrue

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458618
  • Handicap:21
GolfWRX Likes : 374

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:52 AM

I've been working on my swing and have got my fade back under control for my driver. My wedges and irons never really suffered from it anyway. But my long hybrids still have it and I'm struggling to get it under control. I know that a fade becomes less likely/noticeable with higher lofts so probably it's just something about my 'not a driver' swing that is different.

I control the fade on the driver by being sure to increase my secondary tilt when I bump my hips and making sure to swing out along the target line on my follow-through. When swinging I have a thought in the back of my mind that the swing path is turned 15 degrees away to the right of target (I'm right handed). It doesn't work out that way but I'm mindful of that concept.

But this doesn't seem as easy with other clubs. It sorta helps but it's very hard to do it consistently. I had some success last night by configuring my 3h to draw but I think that's just a workaround. It seems wrong that I have to configure the 3h to draw when I have my driver set up as neutral.

I don't have a swing video to add yet but I was wondering if anyone could suggest what else I could consider or whether I just have to keep plugging away at it.

Thanks.

Edited by andrue, 13 June 2018 - 05:54 AM.

Callaway Rogue Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors