Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tiger Woods' new T/M wedges - shot @ 2018 US Open


50 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team GolfWRX

  • Marshals
  • 7,658 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 king6

king6

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5537
  • Joined: 08/26/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

The 60* looks like a vokey l-grind to me!

2

#3 swgolf12

swgolf12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140687
  • Joined: 10/01/2011
  • Ebay ID:officialgolfguru
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

Interesting that someone mentioned TM gave him wedges with blank faces to have the grooves cut into, and that the faces of his wedges look like someone took a groove sharpener to with the scratching extending from each groove out onto the toe.
M3 440 Kiyoshi Black 75
3 Deep 8M2
Vapor Fly Pro 3 Aldila RIP 115 Tour
Vapor Fly Pro 4 C-Taper 130X
VR Forged 5-9 X7
SM5 47 Ported  S400
SSC Don White Grind 53/58 PX 7.0
PM Grind 64 S400
Studio Design 1.5 Circle T

3

#4 CallawayLefty

CallawayLefty

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95918
  • Joined: 10/05/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1066

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

56 = Artisan.  Qmany has that same grind on his 60 and it makes me get all warm and fuzzy every time I see it.  I'm all about that shallow bevel.  Praying that Artisan ends up with lefty heads!!!!

4

#5 mackepa

mackepa

    #TheWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2258

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

 swgolf12, on 12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Interesting that someone mentioned TM gave him wedges with blank faces to have the grooves cut into, and that the faces of his wedges look like someone took a groove sharpener to with the scratching extending from each groove out onto the toe.

That’s definitely not what those lines are from. Every raw wedge I’ve ever owned has had marks like that from bunker shots

#TheWRX 12/11/16


2018 WITB LINK. http://www.golfwrx.c...-in-first-post/

G400 8.5 w/ AD TP 6 44.25"

G400 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 42.5"

Apex 18* AD DI

X Forged UT 24* Recoil

X Forged 18 5-PW KBS $-Taper Prototypes

MD4 Raw 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper


Odyssey Red 7s

Toulon Austin Garage

Scotty Button Back


5

#6 seve1972

seve1972

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124438
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 247

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Those tour velvet cords look nothing like the ones I get :).....  I wish they would release these....(ones with less cord)..

6

#7 Exzakly

Exzakly

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58044
  • Joined: 06/15/2008
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Artisan does have lefty heads. Will be released later this year to the gen public. I had MT make one for my buddy.
TM M3 8.5* w/ Tensei Orange
TM M4 3 Wood w/Tensei Orange
TM M4 5 Wood w/ Tensei Orange
TM P790 4-PW w/KBS Tour FLT
Artisan "MT" 50*
Artisan "MT" 56*
Artisan "MT" 60*
Artisan 0117 "Mid Mill" Putter
TP5X

7

#8 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 293

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

Those arn't TaylorMade Wedges those are Mike Taylor Wedges...........PERIOD.

I 100% agree with the guy who said TM sent Blanks to Artisan.......
M3 440 9 Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 Stiff
M1 15 3 Wood Mitsubishi Diamana B80 Stiff
M1 19 Hybrid Matrix Altus HYBRID Stiff
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
Bridgestone J40CB 5-PW Tour Concept S3
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Scotty Cameron Select SquareBack 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

8

#9 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157931
  • Joined: 01/26/2012
  • Location:Cuyahoga Falls, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 3491

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

 mackepa, on 12 June 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

 swgolf12, on 12 June 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Interesting that someone mentioned TM gave him wedges with blank faces to have the grooves cut into, and that the faces of his wedges look like someone took a groove sharpener to with the scratching extending from each groove out onto the toe.

That’s definitely not what those lines are from. Every raw wedge I’ve ever owned has had marks like that from bunker shots

Beat me to it.

I wish TM would release that grind on his 60° in their lob wedges.
Driver: TaylorMade M2 ('16) 10.5° Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type Proto
Fairway: TM Aeroburner TP 15
° Diamana D+ 70 Limited
Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° Speeder HB 8.8
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 23° OG Matrix Ozik Altus
Irons: Srixon 545 5-pw Recoil 110
Wedges: Vokey SM5 raw 48.5
°, 54°, 58° KBS Tour Black Nickel
Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype oil can sight dot - in the bag
Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can sight dot
Putter: Piretti Bosa Proto raw

WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/

9

#10 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4717

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:16 PM

those wear marks are a groove to high ....tighten it up Tiger..lol

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 nogamejames

nogamejames

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86437
  • Joined: 06/23/2009
  • Location:Bay area California
  • Ebay ID:jamesa666666
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:42 PM

Maybe TM will do this but they would make a pile of money if they released a TW grind milled wedge. Even if it was just a 60 Degree, money being left on the table.

Edited by nogamejames, 12 June 2018 - 05:42 PM.

WITB:
Driver: 915D3 Matrix 8Q3
3 Wood: TI R11 13* Diamana Thump 75
Hybrid: Adams XTD Ti 19* Voodoo VS8
4-PW: Bridgestone J15DF DG Ti S400
52,56,60: Nike Engage Square KBS Tour V
Bettinardi Queen B7,Custom Shop Scotty Studio Style 1.5 are only for looks and I putt with a TM Spider Daddy Long Legs cut down to 33"

11

#12 mctrees02

mctrees02

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116510
  • Joined: 10/22/2010
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Handicap:5ish
  • Ebay ID:mctrees02
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

 nogamejames, on 12 June 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Maybe TM will do this but they would make a pile of money if they released a TW grind milled wedge. Even if it was just a 60 Degree, money being left on the table.
considering it’s not their grind, they would have to pay Artisan to do the heavy lifting

12

#13 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3238

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

TW grinds.  Release the beasts!!!!

13

#14 TinkerGolfMan

TinkerGolfMan

    Tinker Golf Man

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332457
  • Joined: 08/08/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 258

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5°, Project X HZRDUS Yellow, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion 7, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf MM Proto [PROTOTYPE] 3-PW Irons Set# 4 of 40, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Limited Edition (Superman Edition), Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Titleist SM6 52° F-Grind Wedge Jet Black, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Oynx Edition, Golf Pride MCC-BV Edition Grip
Titleist SM5 56° M-Grind Wedge Limited Edition Indigo 2014, KBS Hi-Rev, Golf Pride MCC-BV Edition Grip
Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.

14

#15 CallawayLefty

CallawayLefty

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95918
  • Joined: 10/05/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1066

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.


15

#16 1jcwallace

1jcwallace

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140201
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Newnan, Ga
  • Ebay ID:jdriver2908
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

It's still crazy to me that he jumps from a PW to a 56 and then to 60 with nothing in between the PW and 56. It also baffles me he plays so much bounce but then again, those grinds are truly amazing so.... I would also have to agree those are Mike Taylor wedges with some TM stamping on them.
TM (17) M2 9.5 AD GP 6s
TM (17) M2 Tour 15 AD GP 7s
TITLEIST 915H 18 AD DI 8s
SRIXON 545 PW-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08/ 56S 10
CALLAWAY PM 60
CAMERON NEWPORT 2
PRO V1X

16

#17 Diamana_Stinger

Diamana_Stinger

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 353
  • Joined: 04/26/2005
  • Location:Vancouver, B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:+3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's still crazy to me that he jumps from a PW to a 56 and then to 60 with nothing in between the PW and 56. It also baffles me he plays so much bounce but then again, those grinds are truly amazing so.... I would also have to agree those are Mike Taylor wedges with some TM stamping on them.

I am pretty sure Tiger's PW is 50* so really only a 6* gap to the SW.
Baldo TTX 420 10* - Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX
A Grind FW #3 14* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Buchi VS200 3iron
Kyoei MB 4-PW
(Nippon LSL Proto X Flex in 3-PW)
Wedge Rotation; Crazy, A Grind, GrindStudio, Modart, CGS-Orion, SDJ 115
(Shimada Tour Wedge Black Shaft)
(DG Onyx Black Tour Issue DGS400)
Benock Okuda Putter (JSS/SUS316L) 009 head shape
Elite Y360*SH Black/Black
Elite Geron Type N2 Putter Black

17

#18 1jcwallace

1jcwallace

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140201
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Newnan, Ga
  • Ebay ID:jdriver2908
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

 Diamana_Stinger, on 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's still crazy to me that he jumps from a PW to a 56 and then to 60 with nothing in between the PW and 56. It also baffles me he plays so much bounce but then again, those grinds are truly amazing so.... I would also have to agree those are Mike Taylor wedges with some TM stamping on them.

I am pretty sure Tiger's PW is 50* so really only a 6* gap to the SW.
Yes, I think I have read where his lofts are soft of standard...Yet he still smashes it. Just Crazy!
TM (17) M2 9.5 AD GP 6s
TM (17) M2 Tour 15 AD GP 7s
TITLEIST 915H 18 AD DI 8s
SRIXON 545 PW-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08/ 56S 10
CALLAWAY PM 60
CAMERON NEWPORT 2
PRO V1X

18

#19 Pigems

Pigems

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246559
  • Joined: 04/21/2013
  • Location:Halifax, NS
  • Ebay ID:Piggems
GolfWRX Likes : 16889

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

Those are some well used “New” wedges, I think Tiger needs to start a BST dispute thread. ;)

Edited by Pigems, 12 June 2018 - 06:57 PM.

Ping G LST 9*- Silver TiNi 60x
PIng G 14.5*- Silver TiNi 70x
716 T-MB 3 iron - DG S400
710 AP2 4i-9i - DG S300
SM5 47* 51* 55*- S300
TVD 59*M - DG S300
Studio Select NP2

19

#20 Valtiel

Valtiel

    Hosel Rocket

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150887
  • Joined: 12/12/2011
  • Location:Scotts Valley, CA
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 912

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

 Diamana_Stinger, on 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's still crazy to me that he jumps from a PW to a 56 and then to 60 with nothing in between the PW and 56. It also baffles me he plays so much bounce but then again, those grinds are truly amazing so.... I would also have to agree those are Mike Taylor wedges with some TM stamping on them.

I am pretty sure Tiger's PW is 50* so really only a 6* gap to the SW.
Yes, I think I have read where his lofts are soft of standard...Yet he still smashes it. Just Crazy!

Yeah Tiger has always been either a 49* or 50* PW guy. I have the same 6* gap between my 48* PW and 54* SW. Tiger has said that he prefers manufacturing all kinds of different shots with his PW as opposed to adding another club in there so it makes sense.

Posted Image M1 430 8.5* Tensei Pro Orange V2 70TX || Posted Image 915D3 8.5* Diamana Kai'li 80x
Posted Image Tour Issue SQ2 13* Blueboard 83x
Posted Image Tour Issue SQ2 17* Blueboard 103x || Posted Image SQ2 15* Blueboard 93x

Posted Image Anser 20* Aldila Rogue Black 110MSI 105h Tour-X || Posted Image V-Steel 21* Project X Rifle Satin 6.5
Posted Image MP-H4 3i 21* Project X PXi 7.0
Posted Image MP-H4 4i 24*
Project X PXi 7.0
Posted Image MP-59 4i-PW 27*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image SM6 58* K-Grind Brunswick Precision R
ifle FCM 7.0
Posted Image Special 62* V-Grind Brunswick Precision FCM 7.3 SSx2
Posted Image Santa Fe Bullseye shaft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 1jcwallace

1jcwallace

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140201
  • Joined: 09/28/2011
  • Location:Newnan, Ga
  • Ebay ID:jdriver2908
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

 Pigems, on 12 June 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Those are some well used "New" wedges, I think Tiger needs to start a BST dispute thread. ;)
Loves the profile pic. Coors Lights....Golf PED's.

 Valtiel, on 12 June 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

 Diamana_Stinger, on 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

 1jcwallace, on 12 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

It's still crazy to me that he jumps from a PW to a 56 and then to 60 with nothing in between the PW and 56. It also baffles me he plays so much bounce but then again, those grinds are truly amazing so.... I would also have to agree those are Mike Taylor wedges with some TM stamping on them.

I am pretty sure Tiger's PW is 50* so really only a 6* gap to the SW.
Yes, I think I have read where his lofts are soft of standard...Yet he still smashes it. Just Crazy!

Yeah Tiger has always been either a 49* or 50* PW guy. I have the same 6* gap between my 48* PW and 54* SW. Tiger has said that he prefers manufacturing all kinds of different shots with his PW as opposed to adding another club in there so it makes sense.
Yes. I guess if anyone can, it would be him.
TM (17) M2 9.5 AD GP 6s
TM (17) M2 Tour 15 AD GP 7s
TITLEIST 915H 18 AD DI 8s
SRIXON 545 PW-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08/ 56S 10
CALLAWAY PM 60
CAMERON NEWPORT 2
PRO V1X

21

#22 Dizz

Dizz

    J.W.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2306

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

 seve1972, on 12 June 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Those tour velvet cords look nothing like the ones I get :).....  I wish they would release these....(ones with less cord)..

Golf Pride used to call them “tour buffs”... they’re amazing grips.  When I was in the golf business my rep used to get these and the Victory Cord grips for me whenever I would run low.  That was back before they brought out the Victory Cord again in a limited release like they did 1-2 years ago... at that time they were only making small amounts for Vijay and a couple other big time players that still requested them.  The Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord “tour buffs” were perfect though- they basically felt like a Tour Velvet with just enough cord to give you some extra grab.

I had 5 of them left over one year that I wasn’t gonna use because I started playing the Victory Cord again and I listed them for sale on here... 5 brand new never installed “tour buffs” for $35 and someone said they’d take them in literally seconds.  That person didn’t pay and I told him right away that if he didn’t pay in a timely manner that I was gonna go to the next person in line... well I ended up having several people offer me $100 for the 5 grips once I told them they were already sold pending payment.  Wild.

Edited by Dizz, 12 June 2018 - 10:38 PM.

PING G400 MAX (9)- HZRDUS Yellow 75, 6.5 Flex @ 44.75"
Callaway Apex UT (3)- Dynamic Gold X700
Titleist 716MB (5-PW)- Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist SM7 (52.08F) & SM6 Raw (58.12K)- Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Squareback Select @ 34"

22

#23 Lesmond

Lesmond

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183986
  • Joined: 06/01/2012
  • Location:The Bay Area, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 6656

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

Nice. Thanks for the pics.
TaylorMade M2 Driver (2017) 9.5*
TaylorMade M3 FWY 15*
TaylorMade M2 FWY (2016) 18*

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 3
Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 4
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Nike VR Pro 52*, TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*
Nike Method Prototype 006 Rory
Posted Image

23

#24 Jc0

Jc0

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119066
  • Joined: 12/17/2010
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:03 PM

 CallawayLefty, on 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.

I don't think these are technically Artisan grinds because they still have the mill marks on the sole. It almost looks like TM either sent a wedge to them or took one of Tigers old wedges, laser scanned it, and had the grind milled onto their wedge.

24

#25 DTown3011

DTown3011

    #DTown3011

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59636
  • Joined: 07/05/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 1185

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

 Jc0, on 12 June 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

 CallawayLefty, on 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.

I don't think these are technically Artisan grinds because they still have the mill marks on the sole. It almost looks like TM either sent a wedge to them or took one of Tigers old wedges, laser scanned it, and had the grind milled onto their wedge.

They aren’t Artisan grinds.  You can’t grind mill marks into a wedge.  TaylorMade took Mike Taylor’s work, put into into CAD and milled the grinds on a CNC machine.  The great news is the grinds are repeatable time and time again for whenever he wants replacements.

Also, I don’t understand why people are so in love with these grinds when they fit Tiger and may not fit you.  The 56 is a fairly standard trailing edge ribbon with heel relief and a beveled leading edge.  Now I’d certainly be enamored with whatever grinds Mike Taylor fit me personally with if I had a chance to work with him, but falling in love with someone else’s grinds you’ve never even hit just based on looks (let alone Tigers!) is silly at best.

Callaway Rogue 10.5 GD Tour AD IZ-6X
Callaway Rogue 15.0 GD Tour AD IZ-7X
Callaway Rogue 19.0 KBS Hybrid Proto 85S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC FliHi 4-5 | MMC 6-W KBS Tour S
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal 51.08 | 56.14 | 60.10 DG S400
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Callaway '18 Chrome Soft X Truvis

25

#26 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 15574

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

 DTown3011, on 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

 Jc0, on 12 June 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

 CallawayLefty, on 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.

I don't think these are technically Artisan grinds because they still have the mill marks on the sole. It almost looks like TM either sent a wedge to them or took one of Tigers old wedges, laser scanned it, and had the grind milled onto their wedge.

They aren’t Artisan grinds.  You can’t grind mill marks into a wedge.  TaylorMade took Mike Taylor’s work, put into into CAD and milled the grinds on a CNC machine.  The great news is the grinds are repeatable time and time again for whenever he wants replacements.

Also, I don’t understand why people are so in love with these grinds when they fit Tiger and may not fit you.  The 56 is a fairly standard trailing edge ribbon with heel relief and a beveled leading edge.  Now I’d certainly be enamored with whatever grinds Mike Taylor fit me personally with if I had a chance to work with him, but falling in love with someone else’s grinds you’ve never even hit just based on looks (let alone Tigers!) is silly at best.

I think you are correct on the process. But you never know who owns that cad program.  They maybe artisan on rent to TM.  

Heck. It wouldn’t shock me to know that artisan had the capability to mill these themselves.
17 M1 8.7  Tour Issue Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Titleist 816H2 21 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey  sm6   54M  300 series 59  Modus 125X
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights, vertical stamp face

26

#27 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 754

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

 bladehunter, on 13 June 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

 DTown3011, on 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

 Jc0, on 12 June 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

 CallawayLefty, on 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.

I don't think these are technically Artisan grinds because they still have the mill marks on the sole. It almost looks like TM either sent a wedge to them or took one of Tigers old wedges, laser scanned it, and had the grind milled onto their wedge.

They aren’t Artisan grinds.  You can’t grind mill marks into a wedge.  TaylorMade took Mike Taylor’s work, put into into CAD and milled the grinds on a CNC machine.  The great news is the grinds are repeatable time and time again for whenever he wants replacements.

Also, I don’t understand why people are so in love with these grinds when they fit Tiger and may not fit you.  The 56 is a fairly standard trailing edge ribbon with heel relief and a beveled leading edge.  Now I’d certainly be enamored with whatever grinds Mike Taylor fit me personally with if I had a chance to work with him, but falling in love with someone else’s grinds you’ve never even hit just based on looks (let alone Tigers!) is silly at best.

I think you are correct on the process. But you never know who owns that cad program.  They maybe artisan on rent to TM.  

Heck. It wouldn’t shock me to know that artisan had the capability to mill these themselves.

Exactly... and let's not forget that the MT (Artisan) stamp is on not one but BOTH wedges.
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

27

#28 kcsf

kcsf

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357935
  • Joined: 01/14/2015
  • Location:Santa Fe, NM
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

 mctrees02, on 12 June 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

 nogamejames, on 12 June 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Maybe TM will do this but they would make a pile of money if they released a TW grind milled wedge. Even if it was just a 60 Degree, money being left on the table.
considering it's not their grind, they would have to pay Artisan to do the heavy lifting

I'm not sure I follow your statement. Why couldn't TM just offer these milled to the public?
M2 10.5* Hzrdus Yellow 6.0
Taylormade M2 Tour HL 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0
Srixon u45 18* and 23*
Srixon z745 irons
Edel 50* & 56* wedges
TP Mills Nellie; O-Works #7s red

28

#29 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Location:reno nv
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

I think you are correct on the process. But you never know who owns that cad program. They maybe artisan on rent to TM. Heck. It wouldn’t shock me to know that artisan had the capability to mill these themselves.  Exactly... and let's not forget that the MT (Artisan) stamp is on not one but BOTH wedges.

lets also not forget that anyone with a decent milling machine and software could do this. You guys all act like there is only one person in the world that know how to grind a wedge.... jeez.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

29

#30 Dizz

Dizz

    J.W.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2306

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

 DTown3011, on 12 June 2018 - 11:51 PM, said:

 Jc0, on 12 June 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

 CallawayLefty, on 12 June 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 TinkerGolfMan, on 12 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Is this a Mike Taylor situation?

As noted above, the grind on the 56 is unmistakably Mike Taylor, so I would assume all the rest are as well.  It's the coolest grind I've ever seen.  I'll be showing up in Ft. Worth the minute they tell me they'll allow me to.

I don't think these are technically Artisan grinds because they still have the mill marks on the sole. It almost looks like TM either sent a wedge to them or took one of Tigers old wedges, laser scanned it, and had the grind milled onto their wedge.

They aren’t Artisan grinds.  You can’t grind mill marks into a wedge.  TaylorMade took Mike Taylor’s work, put into into CAD and milled the grinds on a CNC machine.  The great news is the grinds are repeatable time and time again for whenever he wants replacements.

Also, I don’t understand why people are so in love with these grinds when they fit Tiger and may not fit you.  The 56 is a fairly standard trailing edge ribbon with heel relief and a beveled leading edge.  Now I’d certainly be enamored with whatever grinds Mike Taylor fit me personally with if I had a chance to work with him, but falling in love with someone else’s grinds you’ve never even hit just based on looks (let alone Tigers!) is silly at best.

I’m glad you said it, I was thinking the same thing.  I know people go crazy for Tiger’s gear but that grind is pretty much as basic as possible.  Hell there are several retail wedges out there with something very similar.  It’s like people just have to have “tour issue” even if it’s just retail stuff that’s given to a tour player.

PING G400 MAX (9)- HZRDUS Yellow 75, 6.5 Flex @ 44.75"
Callaway Apex UT (3)- Dynamic Gold X700
Titleist 716MB (5-PW)- Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist SM7 (52.08F) & SM6 Raw (58.12K)- Dynamic Gold S400
Titleist Scotty Cameron Squareback Select @ 34"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors