Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

3 round of golf in 3 different states in the same day...


32 replies to this topic

#1 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23918

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish.  I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan.  So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10117

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 9/PX Evenflow Black 60s
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 16/Fuji Speeder Ev. II 765s
Callaway Apex 20, 23/KK Black 80s
Mizuno Mp-54 5-Pw/DG s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/DG s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Titleist ProV1

WITB

2

#3 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1586

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

once a year.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

3

#4 Mych

Mych

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184224
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:SE Houston/Galv
  • Ebay ID:mychaluva
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

I've done 2 (NJ/PA), and could have easily done 3. NJ/PA/DE/MD are all so close together that it would be pretty easy to find 3 and play 6am-10am, 11am-3pm, 4-8pm. If you could play 3 hour rounds, you could probably squeeze in all 4 states with 30 min travel time between rounds. 6am, 9:30am, 1:00, 4:30.

Edited by Mych, 11 June 2018 - 02:30 PM.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead

Main set: Callaway Bertha Fusion 10.5*~ Cobra F6 Baffler 4-5w 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3H 19* ~ Cobra King Utility 20.5* ~ Cobra Forged One 4-P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ GW, SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9
6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility DI 18.5 ~ Cobra Forged One 6/8/P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9 ~ Silo Club Carrier

4

#5 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23918

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.


5

#6 Ferguson

Ferguson

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 371587
  • Joined: 04/16/2015
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:7.3
GolfWRX Likes : 4887

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 June 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

We're getting our college group together next weekend to lie about all the girls we "knew" in school and then lie to each other and say we look great, aren't fat and have barely lost any hair.

Anyhoo, the house we're going to is in the western part of Michigan and we'll golf there late on Friday where it'll stay light until 9ish.  I'm picking up a friend in Indiana around 1 and he wants to play there before we go up to Michigan.  So it got me thinking that I could play an early morning 18 holes here in IL, play 18 in Indiana and finish the day with 18 holes in Michigan.

Anyone ever done anything crazy like that before?



It's called "The Links Tripartite."      Fabled.   Thought to be impossible.   We tried it thrice times - failed each time.


If you pull it off, you would be forever a legend.
More than you are now.

6

#7 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1586

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. Thatís one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldnít make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

7

#8 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1586

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

36 hours total.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

8

#9 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10117

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 June 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... ;)
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 9/PX Evenflow Black 60s
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 16/Fuji Speeder Ev. II 765s
Callaway Apex 20, 23/KK Black 80s
Mizuno Mp-54 5-Pw/DG s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/DG s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Titleist ProV1

WITB

9

#10 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
  • Joined: 11/10/2008
  • Location:A golf course in the Chicago area.
GolfWRX Likes : 23918

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 June 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... ;)

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff.  I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop.  They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10117

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 June 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostDavePelz4, on 11 June 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostMadGolfer76, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I once played a round of golf in one country, and then a second in another on the same day.

US/CAN Mad?

Used to live in Denver and skied and golfed in the same day.

Yep, drove a grand total of 10 miles. Love to be lazy, and sound all cool on a golf forum... ;)

Probably a stupid question but did you get your passport stamped and how was customs with your golf clubs?

Back in 1993 I went to the World Series in Toronto and then flew to Dallas after Joe Carter's walkoff.  I was detained for a couple of hours entering Canada because of carrying a laptop.  They were concerned I was possibly taking the job of a Canadian.

Now...a different trip into Canada we had cases and cases of wine and they just nodded their head and said, "Have a good time, eh."

For where I played, you don't need a passport. Course straddles the US/CA border. You can walk over and back without issue.
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 9/PX Evenflow Black 60s
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 16/Fuji Speeder Ev. II 765s
Callaway Apex 20, 23/KK Black 80s
Mizuno Mp-54 5-Pw/DG s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/DG s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Titleist ProV1

WITB

11

#12 sabram

sabram

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Patricia Island in Oklahoma,  first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day


Edit:  The total drive time from Patricia Island to Top of the Rock is only about 2 hrs 45 min

Edited by sabram, 12 June 2018 - 06:31 AM.


12

#13 sailfishchris

sailfishchris

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151183
  • Joined: 12/15/2011
  • Location:Long Island NY
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:mark10631
GolfWRX Likes : 357

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

I totally applaud your endeavor. That's just too much work to be enjoyable. I sometimes regret playing 36 at Bethpage ......in a cart!
Ping G400 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Ping G30 14.5 Tensei Pro Orange 80 TX
Titelst TMB 4i Fujikura Pro 115i
Mizuno MP67 5-PW Fujikura Pro 115i
Vokey SM5 52, 56, 60 Fujikura MCI mild
Cameron Newport 1.5
TP5X
Jones Player 003/ OGIO Silencer

13

#14 rxk9fan

rxk9fan

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479792
  • Joined: 08/22/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

View Postsabram, on 11 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Patricia Island in Oklahoma,  first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself.  Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive.  Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30.  Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.
Great day with 3 solid courses.  I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.
I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas.  About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)
TM M3 with Motore Speeder VC 6.3 Tour Spec Stiff played at 44.5
Callaway 15 degree SZ with Yellow Hzd. stiff playing 1/2 inch short
Titleist 816 19 degree with Speeder Tour Spec Stiff
Titleist 816 23 degree with Speeder Tour Spec Stiff
5- UW Ping i200 with Modus 105 S
Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 56SS and 60ES
TM Spider Tour Red

14

#15 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,810 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22458

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

View Postjerebear21, on 11 June 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

A couple years back I had to fly into Montreal from orlando for a very close friends bachelor party.

I was golfing that morning with a close friend in orlando. Took the afternoon flight to Toronto and connected to Montreal. Got to Montreal by 6ish. Head straight to dinner where we down a couple bottles of scotch. They all dragged me to the strip club from 11pm to 4am. Thatís one thing Montreal has better than any city in the US. =P

Got home to hotel at 430am. I woke up at 6am to drag the bachelor to Golf at 715am tee time. He couldnít make it so I went solo. Finished 18 holes by 10am. Drove back to pick him up and grabbed everyone to water rafting. Hoped on flight home to orlando at 5pm. Got home and wife asked me if I was ok. Told her I sat around in Canada and drank Tim Horton coffee all day. Went to work the next day like it was any other weekend. Hahaha

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

What course did you play here?

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway Epic SubZero 14 w/Aldila Rogue 75
Callaway Apex 20 hybrid w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
SGC NorthWood Center Shaft 400g

15

#16 sabram

sabram

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31296
  • Joined: 06/10/2007
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:44 AM

View Postrxk9fan, on 11 June 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

View Postsabram, on 11 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Patricia Island in Oklahoma,  first one out in the morning as a single; Kingswood at Bella Vista in Arkansas mid day ; Top of the Rock in Missouri at twilight to end the Day

Almost the same...I live in Joplin, Mo. and hit Twin Hills at 7am by myself.  Finished before 9:15am and met a friend at Peoria Ridge in Miami, Ok which was a 30 minute drive.  Teed off at 10am and finished about 1:30.  Ate a hot dog on the way to Bella Vista, Ar. (80 minute drive) before a 3:45 tee time there.
Great day with 3 solid courses.  I did not play great but not horrible. I really had more time than I needed or thought I would need.
I was already a member at Twin so price was $73 plus gas.  About like a family at the movies with popcorn and a Coke :-)

I almost stopped after nine at Bella Vista. The temp was about 100* and so was the humidity. I parred #9 so said to myself play one more hole. I parred ten. so one more whole... I ended up drenched in perspiration and exhausted after finishing 18 but had one of my best scores. Had a big milk shake at the DQ down the hill from the course to celebrate/cool off before the drive to Branson.

In about four hours I'm off to play in Washington, Idaho and Montana (but probably not all three on the same day, although that wouldn't be difficult.)

16

#17 nitram

nitram

    Take Dead Aim

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Joined: 05/15/2007
  • Location:WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 1183

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Started with the dew sweepers @ Idabel (OK) CC around 6:45 a.m. and finished around 9:30. Drove an hour South to Northridge CC in Texarkana, TX, for an 11:15 tee time & finished around 2:30. And lastly, drove across the state line into Arkansas, grabbed a Whataburger, and teed off @ New Haven GC around 3:30 & finished around 6:15.
JBeam BM-435 Blackout 10* Matrix TP7HDX
TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0

17

#18 *T*

*T*

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 278279
  • Joined: 09/28/2013
  • Location:California
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:Dreamz2Reality
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Never done that,  it do know a few people out here in a Southern California who have played golf, gone skiing and went surfing all in the same day.
*T*

18

#19 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7536

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

Early morning round (First off early) at Four Winds Golf Course in Kimball, NE. 40 minutes west on  I80 to the Airport Course in Cheyenne, Wy. Then another hour on I25 to Loveland, Co and a late afternoon tee time at Marianna Butte GC.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

19

#20 Fellaheen51

Fellaheen51

    Go Green

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284154
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 14587

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

Dave Pelz.  Very doable.  The I-94 golf tour.  Dawn round in South Chicagoland.  Drive across to a course in Michigan City for the afternoon round.  Then wrap it up in the evening around New Buffalo area (Whitaker Woods).  "Shoot and Scoot" golf.  Peddle to the metal driving.  Now's the time, maximum sunlight hours.  

Could easily pull off a two country golf day from this locale.  A morning round around home.  Then a leisurely 1.25 hour drive to Windsor, ON for the afternoon one.  Never have contemplated doing this until now.  Seems to be a worthwhile endeavor.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1586

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostMtlJeff, on 11 June 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

What course did you play here?

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.

Edited by jerebear21, 12 June 2018 - 09:41 AM.

thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

21

#22 Mych

Mych

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184224
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:SE Houston/Galv
  • Ebay ID:mychaluva
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball tournament
10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball. 3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher. Game is 12 outs per team (equivalent to a 6 inning game).
11am-noon: sand volleyball tournament
Noon-2: Lunch/rest/shower
2-5pm: 9 holes of golf
6pm til drunk: bowling, drinking, eating, awarding of championship trophy.

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

Edited by Mych, 12 June 2018 - 01:57 PM.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead

Main set: Callaway Bertha Fusion 10.5*~ Cobra F6 Baffler 4-5w 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3H 19* ~ Cobra King Utility 20.5* ~ Cobra Forged One 4-P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ GW, SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9
6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility DI 18.5 ~ Cobra Forged One 6/8/P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9 ~ Silo Club Carrier

22

#23 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7536

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostMych, on 12 June 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball
10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)
11am-noon: sand volleyball
Noon-2: Lunch/rest/shower
2-5pm: 9 holes of golf
6pm til drunk: bowling, drinking, eating, awarding of championship trophy.

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

23

#24 jerebear21

jerebear21

    Don't Go Left

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,424 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Joined: 09/08/2014
  • Location:St Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1586

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

it has to be half court.
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

24

#25 Mych

Mych

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184224
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:SE Houston/Galv
  • Ebay ID:mychaluva
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 12 June 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostMych, on 12 June 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

On another note, since you mentioned doing something "crazy", there's a group of guys here who have a competition that has been running for 5+ years now called the Tin Man. 15 people competing for bragging rights and a trophy made of soup cans.

8am-10am: 3 on 3 basketball
10am-11am: Slow Pitch Softball (3 5-man teams rotating batting, infield, outfield/pitcher)
11am-noon: sand volleyball
Noon-2: Lunch/rest/shower
2-5pm: 9 holes of golf
6pm til drunk: bowling, drinking, eating, awarding of championship trophy.

I participated once and didn't finish last, die, or injure myself. Starting the day off with basketball was the absolute worst. It was a very early reminder of how out of shape I am.

Especially two hours of 3 on 3. If there is any seriousness at all, there’s no resting in 3 on 3. That’ll wear you out in a hurry.

View Postjerebear21, on 12 June 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

it has to be half court.

Yes, it's 3 on 3 half court. 5 teams round robin style, so each team plays 4 games to 21 with subs every 7 points (when the either team gets to 7, then 14). The gym they use has 1 full court, so 4 teams are playing at a time, 2 on each half. So you do get about a 20-30 minute break during the time when your team is on their bye.

The first few years they did 3 teams, 5 on 5 full court but they changed it because it was too brutal for the team that had to play back to back.

Edited by Mych, 12 June 2018 - 03:03 PM.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead

Main set: Callaway Bertha Fusion 10.5*~ Cobra F6 Baffler 4-5w 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3H 19* ~ Cobra King Utility 20.5* ~ Cobra Forged One 4-P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ GW, SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9
6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility DI 18.5 ~ Cobra Forged One 6/8/P ~ Mizuno JPX EZ SW ~ Odyssey Protype #9 ~ Silo Club Carrier

25

#26 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,810 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Joined: 11/01/2008
  • Location:Montreal
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 22458

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

View Postjerebear21, on 12 June 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 11 June 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Strip clubs here are amazing, not that I would know because I've never been to one. (Wink)

What course did you play here?

On topic, I have played in vegas, than taken a red eye home and played here upon landing. So that's two rounds within 24hours a long ways apart

the ireland course at Club de Golf de l'Ile de Montréal. Beautiful course. Beautiful city you got there.

I love that course, very fun to play. They keep switching around the 9's so i can't recall if it's 1-3 or 10-12 but that stretch of 3 par 4's in a row is brutal. Especially the first one where the fairway narrows to like 10 yards

From where i live (west of the city) it's a nightmare to get there so i only play it maybe once a year.
Callaway Epic Subzero 8 w/Diamana D+ 70
Callaway Epic SubZero 14 w/Aldila Rogue 75
Callaway Apex 20 hybrid w/Diamana D+ 95
Callaway Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
Callaway MD Forged 52,56,60 w/S300
SGC NorthWood Center Shaft 400g

26

#27 AutomaticTwoDown

AutomaticTwoDown

    Two down after two, time to get to work

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 302021
  • Joined: 03/16/2014
  • Location:Seattle
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 438

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

I played a round in NY, California, and Washington state, all in the same month.  Wasnít even that difficult either, due to cheap airfare on direct flights.
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway XR16 3-wood
Ben Hogan Apex Plus 3-E
Vokey SM6 50/56
Putter of the day from the stable

27

#28 Barfolomew

Barfolomew

    #worstWRXer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379468
  • Joined: 06/07/2015
  • Location:Cruisin Sunset
GolfWRX Likes : 408

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

....golfing 3 rounds sounds exhausting but 3 states is just a fantasy!
G30 LS
M2 BMW
XR 4 Hybrid
OnOffOnAgain Kuros
Cleveland Blob
Square Strike
SeeMore Butts

28

#29 joeplus2

joeplus2

    Whoa...Barry Sanders!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 502822
  • Joined: 05/25/2018
  • Location:SE Michigan
  • Handicap:+.2
  • Ebay ID:musclecarresort
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

all that matters is that you're playing evening golf in Michigan.....there is nothing better than that

29

#30 glk

glk

    send it in jerome

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336135
  • Joined: 08/25/2014
  • Location:Kodak, Tn/Chucktown, Sc via Chicago & Burgh
GolfWRX Likes : 4474

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

Played 72 in one day on 4 different courses.    Big run then dubs dread then spring brook, and capped off with 18 on the old Woodbridge goat track before it became seven bridges.   Walking.   Ah youth.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors