Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 6 votes

Titleist's new TS 2 & TS 3 driver - shot @ 2018 US Open


1764 replies to this topic

#421 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,951 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1617

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

I just went back to my 917 D3.   Still one of my favorites of all time.  I donít get the Titleist driver hate.  Get fit and it is as long as others.  I think people just donít want to put in the time to get it dialed in.  

I like the classic lines.  Suits me.  I donít care for the over the top gaudy stuff.  

Iím sure the new ones will perform.

Taylormade M1 440 9.5* tour (2017) w/Speeder 757 Evo ii X
Titleist 917 f2 15* w/Diamana S+ 70s
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw w/PXi 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM7 50f/56m/60m
Scotty Cameron Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#422 rymail00

rymail00

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, Upstate NY
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 885

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostWhiskey_fire, on 27 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Davo—I think the word on the street is the Tensei line.

I hope its the Tensei Pro White/Orange/Blue/Red, and not the reg Tensei line, but have a strong feeling it'll never be the Tensei Pro line.
rymail00 2018 WITB   http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)  

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
TP Mills Heritage 349g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
C&L CL1 368g
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

2

#423 DBill

DBill

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 426712
  • Joined: 05/26/2016
  • Location:Gilbert AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 813

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:48 PM

View Postrymail00, on 27 June 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostWhiskey_fire, on 27 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

DavoóI think the word on the street is the Tensei line.

I hope its the Tensei Pro White/Orange/Blue/Red, and not the reg Tensei line, but have a strong feeling it'll never be the Tensei Pro line.

Only if the drivers will cost $649+ will it be the pro line.

3

#424 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:5.3
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1473

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Simple, classic as usual... I don't like the sole design so much, but I do LOVE that they turned the alignment aid back around.   I was going to pick up a 917 D3 but I may wait on these TS drivers and see where they come in price wise....  It's like they went back to what works in the D2, 910/913, and stuck with the 917 D3 design.  I thought in both cases, they were some of Titleist's best drivers ever made.
Ping G400 8*
Taylormade M2 15*
Mizuno MPh4 3i
Ping S55 4-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12
Taylormade Spider Tour red

4

#425 rymail00

rymail00

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,141 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, Upstate NY
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 885

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

View PostDBill, on 27 June 2018 - 11:48 PM, said:

View Postrymail00, on 27 June 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

View PostWhiskey_fire, on 27 June 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

Davo—I think the word on the street is the Tensei line.

I hope its the Tensei Pro White/Orange/Blue/Red, and not the reg Tensei line, but have a strong feeling it'll never be the Tensei Pro line.

Only if the drivers will cost $649+ will it be the pro line.

Yeah do I realize that.

rymail00 2018 WITB   http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)  

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
TP Mills Heritage 349g
Byron Morgan 006 355g
Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
C&L CL1 368g
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

5

#426 jpatt3387

jpatt3387

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49783
  • Joined: 02/24/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

So, the TS2 is just a retread R9 SuperTri?

Edited by jpatt3387, 29 June 2018 - 12:03 AM.


6

#427 jlebeane13

jlebeane13

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416812
  • Joined: 03/21/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

View Postjpatt3387, on 29 June 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

So, the TS2 is just a retread R9 SuperTri?
Little late to the game with that shot.
Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
Titleist 917 F2  15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
Titleist Prov1 (2017)

7

#428 Aces-6

Aces-6

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 2,457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48038
  • Joined: 02/04/2008
  • Location:AVL

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

Anyone know when these will be available for fitting/demo? Specifically TPI facilities
PXG 0811X 9* Tour AD GP 7s
PXG 0341 15* Tour AD GT 8s
PXG 0317 19* Tensei Pro Blue 80s
PXG 0311XF 4 Steelfiber i110s
PXG 0311 5-GW Steelfiber i110s
PXG 0311 54/60 Steelfiber i110s
PXG Bat Attack P 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft

8

#429 HISPL

HISPL

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Joined: 02/05/2009
  • Location:Perth Western Australia
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 452

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostAces-6, on 04 July 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Anyone know when these will be available for fitting/demo? Specifically TPI facilities

I would say mid August for retail clients, now for Pro Tour players.

Call and ask, if it is being released in September then I would expect in the next 4-5 weeks you should be able to get fit there.

9

#430 f18sumday

f18sumday

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44677
  • Joined: 12/29/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

Canít wait to hit these.... fortunately I need a new driver


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#431 lefty74pgh

lefty74pgh

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16553
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
  • Ebay ID:lefty74pgh
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

I’ve been playing the 917 D3 for the past year and a half and had the 915 D3 before. I played the G30 with good results, but wanted to get back to a Titleist. I just like the look and consistency I get with the Titleist.

I played on Tuesday and only missed two fairways. One about 5 yds in the rough and the other went through the fairway into a bunker. I’m interested in the new lineup, but the 917 D3 is such a good driver.

11

#432 minteq

minteq

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15455
  • Joined: 06/13/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 458

Posted 05 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

View Postlefty74pgh, on 05 July 2018 - 05:46 PM, said:

I’ve been playing the 917 D3 for the past year and a half and had the 915 D3 before. I played the G30 with good results, but wanted to get back to a Titleist. I just like the look and consistency I get with the Titleist.

I played on Tuesday and only missed two fairways. One about 5 yds in the rough and the other went through the fairway into a bunker. I’m interested in the new lineup, but the 917 D3 is such a good driver.

I agree completely, I keep coming back to my 917D3.  As long as others, but for me, much more consistent and accurate.
Titleist 917D3 9.5 Diamana D+
Titleist 917F2 16.4 deg
Titleist 718 AP2 4-pw
Titleist SM7 56/60
SC Select Newport
Titleist ProV1

12

#433 jtcooky

jtcooky

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134935
  • Joined: 08/02/2011
  • Location:Wisconsin
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

They are going to be way too expensive and not drop in price until about 5 years from now, so I will sadly end up passing on these just like every other Titleist driver. Oh well

13

#434 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1405

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:48 AM

View Postjtcooky, on 06 July 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

They are going to be way too expensive and not drop in price until about 5 years from now, so I will sadly end up passing on these just like every other Titleist driver. Oh well

They will be priced the same as other driver manufacturers and will drop in price when they are ready to introduce the next driver in 2 years. You seem very confused and/or misinformed.
TS3 | 917 F2 | 915H 2&3 | Nike VR Pro Combo | Vokey SM6 52, 58 | Byron Morgan DH89

14

#435 Harve10

Harve10

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144711
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
  • Location:Greenwich, CT
  • Handicap:2.6
  • Ebay ID:harveywbc10
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

View Postjtcooky, on 06 July 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

They are going to be way too expensive and not drop in price until about 5 years from now, so I will sadly end up passing on these just like every other Titleist driver. Oh well

Why even post this nonsense?

Excited to test out the TS3 versus my D3.  Like the changes in color & alignment.  Hope it's a success.

917D3 PO 70TX
TM M2 T13 DF HZRDUS Yellow
Titleist 716 TMB 2-iron Recoil Proto
Titleist 718 AP2s PX LZ
Titleist SM6 RAW Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
TM Spider Tour

15

#436 UnderPar18

UnderPar18

    Previously Ecsugolf1

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,416 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80461
  • Joined: 04/17/2009
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 939

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

Do we have a release month yet?

16

#437 texcrom

texcrom

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1800
  • Joined: 06/21/2005
  • Location:Franklin, TN
  • Ebay ID:texsuserid
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!
Titleist TS3 9.5 degree HZRDUS Black Smoke 6.0 70g Stiff
Titleist 917 F3 15 degree Diamana Blue Stiff
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron Project X 6.0
Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron Project X 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 5 - 9 irons AMT Tour White S-300
Titleist Vokey SM7 46-10
Titleist Vokey SM7 50-08
Titleist Vokey SM7 54-14
Titleist Vokey SM7 60-12
Scotty Cameron Select Newport
Titleist Pro V1X

Titleist 905R 10.5 degree YS6+ Stiff
Titleist 917 D3 9.5 degree Diamana White Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 19 degree Evenflow Blue Project X 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 4 iron and pitching wedge
Titleist Vokey SM7 58-10
Ping Anser 35 inch

GO VOLS!!

17

#438 dmarabella13

dmarabella13

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415228
  • Joined: 03/11/2016
  • Location:Seal Beach, CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:57 PM

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

nailed it!
Titleist 917 D2 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
Titleist 917 F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8X
Titleist 816 H1 19* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95X
Titleist 716 TMB 4 Iron - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X
Titleist 718 AP2 5-9 Irons - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 58M - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
Titleist ProV1

18

#439 ccgolfer37

ccgolfer37

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22012
  • Joined: 11/20/2006
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

Wise words from a Golfwrx OG.
Titleist 917D2 10.5* w/ Project X EvenFlow Black 65-X
Titleist 917F2 15* w/ Mitsu Diamana Blue 73-X
Titleist 915F 18* w/ Mitsu Diamana 'Ilima 80-X
Titleist 716 T-MB 4i w/ HZRDUS HB 85-X
Titliest AP2 718 w/ DG Tour Issue X100
Scotty Cameron Circle T R&D concept 1 Newport
Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 50/54/58 w/ DG Tour Issue S400

19

#440 The Mad Bomber

The Mad Bomber

    I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80811
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
GolfWRX Likes : 892

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper
Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"


WITB link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#441 RobS14526

RobS14526

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46211
  • Joined: 01/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostThe Mad Bomber, on 09 July 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

Don’t forget singling out every staffer that doesn’t switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.

21

#442 Bdmac79

Bdmac79

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214045
  • Joined: 12/02/2012
  • Location:Chicagoland
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

View PostRobS14526, on 09 July 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostThe Mad Bomber, on 09 July 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

Don’t forget singling out every staffer that doesn’t switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.

Or the guys who put it in play for the first time and then miss the cut that week...
TS3/9.5/Tensei Pro Orange 60
TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
SC CT Tour NP2 Custom
Pro V1

22

#443 dmarabella13

dmarabella13

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 415228
  • Joined: 03/11/2016
  • Location:Seal Beach, CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

View PostBdmac79, on 09 July 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostRobS14526, on 09 July 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostThe Mad Bomber, on 09 July 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, don’t use composite materials, don’t have multiple weights, and don’t get replaced with a newer model every six months?

I’ll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

Don’t forget singling out every staffer that doesn’t switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.

Or the guys who put it in play for the first time and then miss the cut that week...

Yeah and most pro golfers aren't picky at all, they just throw whatever the tour rep gives them in the bag and call it good
Titleist 917 D2 9.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 7X
Titleist 917 F2 15* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Black 8X
Titleist 816 H1 19* - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95X
Titleist 716 TMB 4 Iron - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105X
Titleist 718 AP2 5-9 Irons - Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54S, 58M - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Onyx S400
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
Titleist ProV1

23

#444 jlebeane13

jlebeane13

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416812
  • Joined: 03/21/2016
  • Location:Illinois
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

View Postdmarabella13, on 10 July 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

View PostBdmac79, on 09 July 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostRobS14526, on 09 July 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostThe Mad Bomber, on 09 July 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

View Posttexcrom, on 07 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

After reading page after page of comments, just so I understand.....

The new Titleist drivers will fail because, while they look better, sound better, feel better, and are straighter than other manufacturers, they are maybe five yards shorter, donít use composite materials, donít have multiple weights, and donít get replaced with a newer model every six months?

Iíll stick with my 917 D3 until I get a chance to actually see the TS for myself!

They'll win tour events, maybe even a major. They'll pop up late in the FedEx Cup series. They'll get play in the Ryder Cup and on every major tour and every notable amateur event on the planet - and still, some numbskull WRX'er will dub them 'spinny' and complain about the lack of 'tech'. This place can be ridiculous...

Donít forget singling out every staffer that doesnít switch immediately as proof of an inferior product.

Or the guys who put it in play for the first time and then miss the cut that week...

Yeah and most pro golfers aren't picky at all, they just throw whatever the tour rep gives them in the bag and call it good
Crazy tour pros, if they were like us normal people they would spend months, weeks, and hours testing equipment before they just tossed it in the bag to compete for millions of dollars!
Titleist 917 D2 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi HB 04 Flex, Tipped 1 inch
Titleist 917 F2  15* Mitsubishi Diamana BB 70 S Flex, Tipped 2 inches
Titleist 818 H1 18.25* Aldila Rouge 80 S Flex,
Titleist 718 AP2 4 - 9 ProjectX 6.0
Titleist SM6 46* ProjectX 6.0 SS x 1
Titleist SM6 50*, 54*, and 58* ProjectX 5.5
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 36 inches
Titleist Prov1 (2017)

24

#445 IL2AZ

IL2AZ

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221579
  • Joined: 01/13/2013
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

View Postdavo32683, on 27 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Forgive me for not reading through everything, but any insight into the stock shaft offerings? Compatible with shafts from previous models?

I was told the Hzrdus Smoke will be a stock offering along with the Even Flow White.  Admittedly, it sounds too good to be true.

Taylormade M2 9.5 Fuji Speeder Evo 661 TS X
Taylormade 07 Burner TP 8.5 Rombax 6W06 S (will never sell)
Tour Issue 07 Taylormade Burner TP 14.5 Blueboard 73X
Tour Issue 07 Taylormade Burner TP 17.5 Zcom 95x
Taylormade P770 4-6, P750 7-PW Modus 120x
Vokey SM6 50F, 54S, 58M
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Ping Redwood Black Satin
Ping 1966 TR Anser WRX Tungsten to 360G, Starshot, Sight Dot
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Long Neck Newport

25

#446 Rig14Port

Rig14Port

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314753
  • Joined: 05/13/2014
  • Location:Birmingham, AL
  • Handicap:+72
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostIL2AZ, on 10 July 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

View Postdavo32683, on 27 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Forgive me for not reading through everything, but any insight into the stock shaft offerings? Compatible with shafts from previous models?

I was told the Hzrdus Smoke will be a stock offering along with the Even Flow White.  Admittedly, it sounds too good to be true.

Would have to be made-for versions obviously... Probly EF White T1099  (sarcastic font)

Edited by Rig14Port, 11 July 2018 - 12:19 PM.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana D+ Ltd 70X
TM '17 M2 Tour 15* Diamana D+ Ltd 80X
TM P790 UDI 2 Aldila RIP alpha 105X
PXG 0311T 4-PW DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 Raw @ 51*, 55*, 59* DG TI S400
Odyssey O-Works 330m

26

#447 QuigleyDU

QuigleyDU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62095
  • Joined: 08/01/2008
  • Ebay ID:reederc2
GolfWRX Likes : 1736

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

View PostRig14Port, on 11 July 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostIL2AZ, on 10 July 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

View Postdavo32683, on 27 June 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Forgive me for not reading through everything, but any insight into the stock shaft offerings? Compatible with shafts from previous models?
I was told the Hzrdus Smoke will be a stock offering along with the Even Flow White. Admittedly, it sounds too good to be true.
Would have to be made-for versions obviously... Probly EF White T1099 (sarcastic font)

why would that be obvious? the even flow blue and black and standard offerings for most so why not the white? No one know anything about the smoke, so that could be a made for version, maybe not.
driver: SRIXON Z745
fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP H5 GD AMT X100.
5-PW IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
WEDGES; CLEVELAND rtx 3.0 RAW
PUTTER; PING SIGMA G SHEA H
BALL; various, ask me that day.

27

#448 cavallotheman

cavallotheman

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504170
  • Joined: 06/09/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

this page is so money

28

#449 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

I remember Titleist releasing real-deal shafts starting with 913d and it was a major hit. Rest of the market followed.

Let's up the ante again.

$499 with Handcrafted Evenflow or HZDUS.  and Rogue 130msi.  Come on T !!!

29

#450 Fairways_and_Greens

Fairways_and_Greens

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16577
  • Joined: 07/19/2006
  • Location:Washington State
GolfWRX Likes : 348

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

No more channel on the bottom. Will that make it's way to the fairways? Hopefully it sounds as good as the 905 or 909.

Rogue Sub Zero 9° Kuro Kage Dual Core tx
917 F2 15° Diamana S+ 80x
917 F2 18° ATX Blue 85x
915H.d 20.5° Modus3 105x
Z765 Modus3 125x
Z765 51° Modus3 125x
X-Forged 56° Super Peening Blue
Hi Toe 60° Super Peening Blue
EvnRoll 8
Z Star XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users


    specimania, OregonWRX333

GolfWRX Sponsors