Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Galway Bay All-Weather Jacket

Galway Bay rain jacket

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saltcity

saltcity

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35794
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

As one of the three lucky winners of the Golf WRX-Galway Bay Give Away I selected the Gray/Blue All-Weather Jacket.
Living and golfing in Upstate New York weather is a great test for any rain gear. This time of year is prime time for us golfers, mid to upper 70's and sun all this next week. So, consider this the start of an 'on-going review' that I'll update throughout the fall and winter, when this jacket will get the true test.

First impression:

Slick packaging and garment presentation says 'high-end product' right away. First-class design on the box and wrap.

I'm 6'2, 220 and wear XL in most golf jackets and polos. I got an XL and it fits nice - 'trailored' fit, not slim. The fit is "snug" - no bulk or extra room, which is nice in a golf jacket - nothing gets in the way when swinging. Very light and comfortable material. Sits right at the belt line. Sleeves fall right at the wrist, velcro allows for custom fit. You can tell this jacket was designed by a golfer. Waterproof seams and zippers...Go to their website to see all the features and benefits, they do a better job than me.
I really like the gray/blue color scheme (enough black rain gear!) can pair well with any color pants/shorts nicely.

This jacket has top-shelf written all over it so far - but the big test will be on a rainy, windy day on the course. Keep you posted...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 saltcity

saltcity

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35794
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

UPDATE:
Rained all day so I was able to "field test" my Galway Bay jacket.
I played a quick nine holes: Moderate showers, light breeze, 60's - the jacket did the job. Stayed dry, was comfortable, didn't get over-heated...passed the test.
I really like the fit of the jacket. No bulk, allows for swing freedom. Even got a compliment from the pro (liked the colors).

#3 sheppy335

sheppy335

TMAG Junkie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,090 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Did you like it enough to pay the price tag for it?
TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM M2 Tour 15  Kuro Kage
TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors