Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2018 Ping Hoofer - Stuck/Caught Clubs?!?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 obluetouring

obluetouring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 407068
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:03 PM

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone have experience with stick clubs in the newest 2018 Ping Hoofer bag.

I bought this bag for the wife last month and she’s been using it for 4 rounds now. In all 4 rounds, she ended up with stuck clubs that she couldn’t get out so she had to use a different club for the shot she was taking.

It happened again yesterday, and after the round, we removed all other 13 clubs (she carries 14, all with undersize grips), that stuck club still won’t come out. After some investigation, the stuck club is always the one(s) she put on the top compartment (the left on specifically), and when we looked down into the bag, we can see the shaft dispearing through the divider and the grip is all the way at the bottom compartment portion.

It appears there are “openings” at the dividers that allow the clubs to enter other compartments.

Has anyone experience this or did we just got unlucky? Or is it a defective bag?

Thanks.

Edited by obluetouring, 10 June 2018 - 12:17 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bellken

bellken

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16107
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

IIRC, Ping Hoofer bags have a zippered passthrough, that, allows you to access to the inside of your golf bag, in the event you drop something inside. Is it possible, the zipper is open enough to allow a club to get into the outside compartment?

#3 obluetouring

obluetouring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

View Postbellken, on 10 June 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

IIRC, Ping Hoofer bags have a zippered passthrough, that, allows you to access to the inside of your golf bag, in the event you drop something inside. Is it possible, the zipper is open enough to allow a club to get into the outside compartment?

It wasn’t the case. The shaft is still within the main compartments. Yeah we found that zipper yesterday and I had to use that to stick my hand in to try to free up the shaft. That opening is really handy for situation like ours =)

Edited by obluetouring, 11 June 2018 - 12:18 AM.

#4 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 644

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Is she carrying the Hoofer or using on a cart/push cart?
PING i20 10.5*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 4-P
(Titleist 716 AP1 5-W)
Vokey SM6 52.08F*, 58.08M*
Cameron Studio Select Newport '08
Srixon Q Star Tour

#5 Mtngolfer1

Mtngolfer1

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45586
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 504

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

I have been using a Hoofer model since somewhere in the 90's dating back to the original.  I was taught way back when I purchased my first Hoofer, that the proper way to pull clubs from a Hoofer  is to take the bag from the shoulder keep it upright pull the club and then lean it forward to engage the stand.  Honestly I don't always follow the procedure, but when I do I don't have any issues  pulling a club. I ride more than I walk today and it is rarely a issue strapped standing vertical on a cart, but when I get the opportunity to carry I try to remind myself of the process.

Edited by Mtngolfer1, 12 June 2018 - 10:10 PM.

#6 bellken

bellken

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16107
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:39 AM

Take it to a local Ping retailer, and, they should be able to help you. It sounds like one of the dividers wasn't properly sewn. Hopefully, you took a picture, or, the problem is easy to reproduce.

#7 obluetouring

obluetouring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Thanks everyone!!

We always ride in the cart so the bags are strapped to the back. For the last two rounds, she switched up her arrangement and put the putter in the troubled pocket/hole, and she didn't experience any issue during the last two rounds. As bellken suggested, there is probably a hole in the divider that allowed the clubs to pass through (and get stuck). I'll try to do more investigation and see if I can take a picture of a stuck club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors