Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Reviews of motocaddy and powakaddy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerebear21

jerebear21

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1112

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

Just a quick review for those on the fence.  I honestly think electric push cart should be embraced more in the U.S  for quicker and faster rounds.

This is a review of the Motocaddy M1 and Powakaddy C2

Both in my opinion does the job very well. I want to also make a note I had a bat caddy with a remote which I will not recommend due to how cheap it felt and an unresponsive remote which lead to it being dunk in the lake in my home club.

You can't go wrong with either of the two models.  Both are fairly easy to use and very responsive with the buttons. Both comes with a very light lithium battery.  I've played 2 18 holes on one charge when needed to. The powakaddy comes with the 230w motor where as the Motocaddy comes with the 200w motor. Both are fine for walking and you don't need the extra power from powakaddy.

What I've done at my club is run/golfing.  I can finish a round in under 1.5 hours by running and golfing at the same time.  Both can keep up and I usually max the pace out at 7 on the scale of 0-10.  For reference I usually run an 8-9 minute mile.  So if you push it to the max setting at 10, it will go fast.  

Both are very compact and fit easily in your cars. I posted pictures of both being in my full size sedan instead of my SUV.  For reference I have a toyota avalon hybrid where the battery is behind the rear seats so I can't fold it down.  With both units in, I can carry 2 golf bags.

The Powakaddy was a lot faster to fold and put up than the motocaddy but that shouldn't be a selling point over which one is better. After awhile when you get used to it, they're both fast. I normally play the powakaddy whereas my guests uses the motocaddy.

I've also played it in the rain in Florida and had no issues with the electronics.  I had the umbrella up so it's not completely drenched but both do get some good rain on.  

Charging is very easy and takes 3-4 hours usually for a full charge.  Here's some pictures how it's set up and how convenient it is in everyone's life.

I want to make note, use a cart bag.  The stand bag will slip around or tilt the cart on one side.  I also donít think you need all the gadgets with gps and tracking. Less clutter and go with the most basic.  

IMG_6630.jpg
IMG_6632.jpg
IMG_6631.jpg
IMG_6634-3.jpg
IMG_6635-3.jpg

Edited by jerebear21, 09 June 2018 - 07:09 PM.

thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
GolfWRX Likes : 748

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of these, so this is a well-timed review.  Thanks!

#3 jerebear21

jerebear21

Major Winner

• 1,772 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:50 AM

View PostMountainGoat, on 09 June 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Honestly get the cheapest motocaddy or powakaddy version you can find. If you value space then it comes at a premium. Both entry model will be fine. Donít need all that gadgets and crap. You wonít be using it after the 3rd round. Walking should be simple.

#4 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
GolfWRX Likes : 748

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

View Postjerebear21, on 10 June 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

View PostMountainGoat, on 09 June 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Honestly get the cheapest motocaddy or powakaddy version you can find. If you value space then it comes at a premium. Both entry model will be fine. Don't need all that gadgets and crap. You won't be using it after the 3rd round. Walking should be simple.

I totally agree; I'm not interested in gadgets.  But, trunk space is an issue for me as is battery life and recharge time.  Is there anything that should dissuade me from the Motocaddy M1 Pro Lithium model?  

http://www.motogolf....Golf-Caddy.html

Edited by MountainGoat, 10 June 2018 - 10:15 AM.

#5 jerebear21

jerebear21

Major Winner

• 1,772 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

The m1 is perfect if thatís what you care about. In the uk they are all over the used boards. And you can get one so cheap used too.

Recharge time is 4-5 hours if that. Iíve gotten 36 holes from one charge for them before though there are those who say it plays about 32/33 holes. But even so you can push it the remaining holes.

Lithium is the way to go. Look into the mgi x1 models. Itís an Australian company and gaining traction. I saw it at the pga show. Iíd probably narrow it down to those 3 companies.

#6 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 5811

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:29 AM

When I use my S1 Lithium for "only" 18 holes, it recharges in just over an hour. I'd say 70 minutes or so typical.

I've only done 36 once and that was on a very flat course. It held up fine, though. I've done 27 lots of times and the battery LED is still indicating full strength.

I'm fine with my S1 but the more compact shape of the folded-up M1 does look attractive. Mechanical and electrical bits are probably almost identical to the S1 so it should be equally bulletproof and reliable.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors