Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 7 votes

2018 United States Open


5479 replies to this topic

#61 ckaufman

ckaufman

    Trump 2020

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202247
  • Joined: 09/09/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

My dark horse pick is Keegan Bradley. Dude has quietly been having his best season in 3-4 years: 3 top 10 finishes including 7th at the Players, 43rd in the FedEx Cup, still a great driver of the ball and 2nd on the Tour this year in Strokes Gained: Approach. If he can have a good week putting, he'll be in contention on Sunday.

Cleveland Classic XL Custom 10.5*
Cleveland Classic XL 5W 18*
Cleveland Classic XL 7W 20.5*
Adams Tight Lies 5H 25*
Nike VR Pro Cavity 6i-8i
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 9i-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 54* / 60*
Wilson Staff 8802 33"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,695 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 18841

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Big Cat on his way to dinner at the yacht club tonight.

Posted Image

Ha!

TW must be partying heavy in NY.

Meantime, I think we will have another first time major winner at this thing.

2

#63 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18103

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

i call it now.... YJS  ....  he blows the place up with the putter after he completes his spirit journey and sees the path to greatness...  ( maybe a large chicken too...but i digress)



Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

3

#64 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3960

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Weather forecast looks good. Light rain on Wednesday followed by sunny skies, 70s and 10 mph winds the rest of the week.

Edited by Darth Putter, 10 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

4

#65 PGArox

PGArox

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA USA
GolfWRX Likes : 5883

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Weather forecast looks good. Light rain on Wednesday followed by sunny skies, 70s and 10 mph winds the rest of the week.

We'll have to keep an eye on the humidity.


5

#66 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2984

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

View Postckaufman, on 10 June 2018 - 07:45 PM, said:

My dark horse pick is Keegan Bradley. Dude has quietly been having his best season in 3-4 years: 3 top 10 finishes including 7th at the Players, 43rd in the FedEx Cup, still a great driver of the ball and 2nd on the Tour this year in Strokes Gained: Approach. If he can have a good week putting, he'll be in contention on Sunday.

That is quite a bold call.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

6

#67 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3960

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

View PostPGArox, on 10 June 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Weather forecast looks good. Light rain on Wednesday followed by sunny skies, 70s and 10 mph winds the rest of the week.

We'll have to keep an eye on the humidity.

60-70%

however, Wednesday is now up to regular rain from light rain
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

7

#68 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 5285

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:50 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

View PostPGArox, on 10 June 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Weather forecast looks good. Light rain on Wednesday followed by sunny skies, 70s and 10 mph winds the rest of the week.

We'll have to keep an eye on the humidity.

60-70%

however, Wednesday is now up to regular rain from light rain

I doubt it stays at 10 mph all week. I think the key is getting off to a good start. The last 2 opens there its been the same thing (scoreable the first 2 days and then hang on) and i expect the same this time.That course dries out very quickly some elevated greens faster than others. Awesome course cant wait to see how it holds up

8

#69 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Elgin, Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3004

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:18 AM

Cannot wait for this all to start on Thursday night. I'm in the camp hoping for carnage. Last year I just didn't enjoy it as much as I normally do. I'm not normally a sadist but it's US Open week, make them work for it.

I am having a hard time looking past Justin Rose. He always plays solid and the putter seems to be co-operating at the moment.
Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

9

#70 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:Boston Area
GolfWRX Likes : 734

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

+1 to Rosie, he has a really solid chance if he putts well. Spend all last night watching highlights from '04, this is going to be fun! It's US OPEN WEEK BABY!

WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 57                     True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Taylormade Hi-Toe 64               KBS Hi Rev Wedge
Byron Morgan DH89

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,814 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Joined: 07/08/2008
  • Location:Elgin, Scotland
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3004

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

View Postfillwelix, on 11 June 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

+1 to Rosie, he has a really solid chance if he putts well. Spend all last night watching highlights from '04, this is going to be fun! It's US OPEN WEEK BABY!

I had the 07 highlights this morning! Cannot wait :)
Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

11

#72 Rangeballz

Rangeballz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 328401
  • Joined: 07/21/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 836

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Big Cat on his way to dinner at the yacht club tonight.

Posted Image

That pic almost looks real.....

Really getting pumped for this thing to start. IT has been directed to funnel all surplus bandwidth to my machine for work viewing.

12

#73 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2480

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostRangeballz, on 11 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Big Cat on his way to dinner at the yacht club tonight.

Posted Image

That pic almost looks real.....

Really getting pumped for this thing to start. IT has been directed to funnel all surplus bandwidth to my machine for work viewing.
It is real, just not current.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

13

#74 gvogel

gvogel

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37680
  • Joined: 08/19/2007
  • Location:Western NY
  • Ebay ID:dbvogey
GolfWRX Likes : 2085

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 June 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

Webb Simpson wins the second leg on his way to a season Grand Slam.


Posted Image

I see what you did there, as it concerns the Spring Invitational.
On Sundays, I used to play hickory

14

#75 MattP66

MattP66

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438718
  • Joined: 08/29/2016
  • Location:ENGLAND
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

I'm gonna call Rory for this, has been nearer his best at points this year than he has been for a long time

also Poulter is putting in one heck of a show at points this year so could be a good sleeper pick :/

Taylormade M2 2017 8.5* Tensei CK Pro Blue Stiff
Taylormade M4 Tour 15* Fujikura Pro 73 Stiff
Taylormade M4 Tour 18* Fujikura Pro 73 Stiff
PING iBlade 4-PW XP95 S300
Nike Engage 52*, 56* SQ & 60* DS, DG S300
Odyssey O-Works Black 3T

Alternate 5 Wood and 3 Iron depending on conditions

Bag Nike Vrs 3M staff bag/Ping 4 Series 2017

Ball Titleist Pro V1x

Apparel: Nike Performance
Shoes : Nike Lunar Control 3 (White/Crimson), Nike Lunar Control Vapor II (White/Black), Nike Roshe G (Red/White)

15

#76 c7015

c7015

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234573
  • Joined: 03/05/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 602

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Could see Rahm taking this one ... the course seems to fit his strengths ..
915 D3 Rip Phenom 70g (S Flex)
913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
712 U 4 Iron | 714 AP2 5 Iron
714cb  6-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
SC Newport 2.5

16

#77 fillwelix

fillwelix

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249866
  • Joined: 05/10/2013
  • Location:Boston Area
GolfWRX Likes : 734

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

View Postc7015, on 11 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Could see Rahm taking this one ... the course seems to fit his strengths ..

Eh. I can see him on friday rolling a ball off the false front on 9 and imploding from there
WITB
Taylormade M2 2016 9.5*       Fuji Speeder Evolution IV 589 X
Taylormade M2 2016 3HL       PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
Taylormade M2 2017 3 h         MRC Kuro Kage TiNi 80g S
Taylormade P770 4i-5i             Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Taylormade P730 6-PW           Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
Vokey SM6 50 57                     True Temper Dynamic Gold S200
Taylormade Hi-Toe 64               KBS Hi Rev Wedge
Byron Morgan DH89

17

#78 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 4061

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

View Postc7015, on 11 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Could see Rahm taking this one ... the course seems to fit his strengths ..
There's no tissue boxes or stress punching bags on every other hole.

M3 460 10.5 / Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 1"

M4 3W / Diamana BF 90TX

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200


Putters:

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"


TP5x #1 "GIO"


18

#79 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Jackson, MI
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 333

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:16 PM

2-under to 4-over for a winning score in my book.  That's what the US Open should be.  If you don't like it, don't watch.  I think for one event each year, fairways and greens should be a premium and if you miss, you get screwed.  No one complains when a player gets in a pot bunker in the Open championship an has to pitch out sideways and move on.  That's part of the game, just like deep lush rough and narrow fairways.  These guys should have to think about taking out driver on every 4 or 5 and just blasting away.

I watched the flyovers of each hole on USGA site and I think there are many holes where these guys can hit irons off the tees and have decent approach shots in.  If there are strong winds or rock hard greens, all bets are off.  Make the players work for it, birdies are a reward and par is what they are playing for.
Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* Aldila R.I.P. Beta 60 Stiff 44.5" 14g weight back
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16.5* 4w
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
Taylormade P770 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120 S
Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
Callaway PM 58*
TM Tour Spider Black 34.25" 2* flat 2x 14g weights
Titleist AVX (Bridgestone Tour B X)

19

#80 Marco

Marco

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34723
  • Joined: 07/16/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 499

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Tiger played with Spieth yesterday


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 2109

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostDarth Putter, on 10 June 2018 - 07:38 PM, said:

Big Cat on his way to dinner at the yacht club tonight.

Posted Image

:man_in_love: :man_in_love:
Driver: TM M2 Tour 9.5 AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour 15 AD MT 7X
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V X
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S DG100; SM5 60K DGS400
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX

21

#82 KrazyTrain18

KrazyTrain18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207177
  • Joined: 10/15/2012
  • Location:West Coast
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1228

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostMarco, on 11 June 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Tiger played with Spieth yesterday

The tours two worst putters.... ;)
915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
712U 2I (DG S300)
714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)

22

#83 curitiba

curitiba

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318937
  • Joined: 06/04/2014
  • Location:Brazil
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

who needs tickets for tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday.  let me know.

23

#84 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 2109

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostMarco, on 11 June 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

Tiger played with Spieth yesterday

how'd they play, did tiger beat his young booty?

View Postgioguy21, on 11 June 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

View Postc7015, on 11 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Could see Rahm taking this one ... the course seems to fit his strengths ..
There's no tissue boxes or stress punching bags on every other hole.

lol, if he can get his "passion" under better control, watch out majors....  so much pure talent.

View Postcuritiba, on 11 June 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

who needs tickets for tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday.  let me know.

u donating some tickets?  i'm down!
Driver: TM M2 Tour 9.5 AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour 15 AD MT 7X
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V X
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S DG100; SM5 60K DGS400
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX

24

#85 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3960

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

With today's announcement of the OWGR, Emiliano Grillo and Byeong An joined the field.

The top alternates from these sites then got in to the field (in no public order, the USGA keeps that secret)

Columbus: Ted Potter Jr.
Memphis: Scott Piercy
England: Ryan Evans
Japan: Rikuya Hoshino

the USGA has not revealed who the current first alternates are in case of injury

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

25

#86 MilkyButterCuts

MilkyButterCuts

    Darth Fader

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492318
  • Joined: 01/31/2018
  • Location:Salt Lake City
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 11 June 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

2-under to 4-over for a winning score in my book.  That's what the US Open should be.  If you don't like it, don't watch.  I think for one event each year, fairways and greens should be a premium and if you miss, you get screwed.  No one complains when a player gets in a pot bunker in the Open championship an has to pitch out sideways and move on.  That's part of the game, just like deep lush rough and narrow fairways.  These guys should have to think about taking out driver on every 4 or 5 and just blasting away.

I watched the flyovers of each hole on USGA site and I think there are many holes where these guys can hit irons off the tees and have decent approach shots in.  If there are strong winds or rock hard greens, all bets are off.  Make the players work for it, birdies are a reward and par is what they are playing for.
couldnt agree more. ITS THE US OPEN! Professional golfers or professional bitchers. Hard to tell these days.

26

#87 gatorMD

gatorMD

    Hacker-in-Chief

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487980
  • Joined: 12/03/2017
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 2109

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Darth who are the amateurs in the field?

And who do you think will be low am?

View PostMilkyButterCuts, on 11 June 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostAmazinBlue, on 11 June 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

2-under to 4-over for a winning score in my book.  That's what the US Open should be.  If you don't like it, don't watch.  I think for one event each year, fairways and greens should be a premium and if you miss, you get screwed.  No one complains when a player gets in a pot bunker in the Open championship an has to pitch out sideways and move on.  That's part of the game, just like deep lush rough and narrow fairways.  These guys should have to think about taking out driver on every 4 or 5 and just blasting away.

I watched the flyovers of each hole on USGA site and I think there are many holes where these guys can hit irons off the tees and have decent approach shots in.  If there are strong winds or rock hard greens, all bets are off.  Make the players work for it, birdies are a reward and par is what they are playing for.
couldnt agree more. ITS THE US OPEN! Professional golfers or professional bitchers. Hard to tell these days.

yes!!!  -2 or worse should be the goal winning score
Driver: TM M2 Tour 9.5 AD MT 6TX
3W: TM M2 Tour 15 AD MT 7X
Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/20 Blueboard X
Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-PW Tour V X
Wedges: SM6 50F and 54S DG100; SM5 60K DGS400
Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX Rossie Putter
Ball: Titleist AVX

27

#88 aupga

aupga

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459464
  • Joined: 03/17/2017
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

Checking out the photos from the open (Monday’s photos #2), how is Adam Scott not considered anchoring his putter?

28

#89 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3960

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostgatorMD, on 11 June 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Darth who are the amateurs in the field?

And who do you think will be low am?

View PostMilkyButterCuts, on 11 June 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

View PostAmazinBlue, on 11 June 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

2-under to 4-over for a winning score in my book.  That's what the US Open should be.  If you don't like it, don't watch.  I think for one event each year, fairways and greens should be a premium and if you miss, you get screwed.  No one complains when a player gets in a pot bunker in the Open championship an has to pitch out sideways and move on.  That's part of the game, just like deep lush rough and narrow fairways.  These guys should have to think about taking out driver on every 4 or 5 and just blasting away.

I watched the flyovers of each hole on USGA site and I think there are many holes where these guys can hit irons off the tees and have decent approach shots in.  If there are strong winds or rock hard greens, all bets are off.  Make the players work for it, birdies are a reward and par is what they are playing for.
couldnt agree more. ITS THE US OPEN! Professional golfers or professional bitchers. Hard to tell these days.

yes!!!  -2 or worse should be the goal winning score

There are 19 amateurs in the field. And that total would have been twenty had 2017 US Amateur  Champion Doc Redman not turned pro. He failed to qualify from his sectional.
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

29

#90 lowheel

lowheel

    LOWHEEL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193008
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 5285

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

LOL brooks koepka landing a ball 3 feet from the pin on 7 and the ball rolls 80 feet over the green on a monday...giddy up!! love this course

Edited by lowheel, 11 June 2018 - 03:37 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors