Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Now this is a club fitting! (Another TXG gem)


30 replies to this topic

#1 BlakeBstone

BlakeBstone

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50392
  • Joined: 03/02/2008
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:+2.1
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

https://youtu.be/iRfVQixG30k

My Bag
                Callaway Epic SZ 9* Rogue 125msi 70x
                TM M1 3w Kuro Kage 80x
                Bridgestone j15 cb's w/modus 120x's
                Titleist SM6 52,54,60
                odyssey big T

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Oknows

Oknows

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332809
  • Joined: 08/10/2014
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

TXG has easily become my favorite golf channel.  I would kill to get fit there.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 w/ Diamana W 70x
Callaway Epic SZ 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75
Ping G 17.5 w/ Tour 80
Srixon z545 5-PW w/ DG x100
Cleveland RTX CB 48* w/  DG x100
Callaway MD3 52* w/ DG s400
Callaway MD3 56* w/ DG s400
Callaway MD3 60* w/ DG s300
SeeMore Si5

2

#3 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1531

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

Honestly.... TXG is the best golf channel on YT for non-vlog infotainment. They aren't brand loyal so there isn't any bias in their opinions and reviews. Ian does have "favorites" when it comes to some stuff (like the O works putters) but overall this channel is a literal gold mine of information and data.

Edited by Z1ggy16, 05 June 2018 - 10:55 AM.

WITB
DR - '16 M2 X-Torsion Copper 60 (Aldila 2KXV Green in test)
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4i Modus 105, 5-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 (Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf)
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/8 Modus Wedge 115
P - Odyssey WHP #7 (Custom Xenon on order)
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

3

#4 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2826

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

WRX should start a data bank on who is a good fitter, who is not.  Break it down by regions.  Having been poorly fit, it would be nice to know who has the best reviews.

4

#5 From_Parts_Unknown

From_Parts_Unknown

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123904
  • Joined: 03/07/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1046

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

View PostOknows, on 05 June 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

TXG has easily become my favorite golf channel.  I would kill to get fit there.

Hopefully my wife doesn't see this post.  She'd be planning your fitting and my funeral.


5

#6 asimone

asimone

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196070
  • Joined: 08/02/2012
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

Awesome stuff again from the TXG staff. Only thing that sucks about watching their videos is knowing I probably wont be able to find a fitting that good in my area. There are a couple places in Kansas City that I've heard good things about but my expectations will be way too high after watching the TXG crew.
Driver: Titleist 917 D2
3 Wood: Titleist 904 F
Hybrid: 21 deg Cobra Baffler
4i-PW: Titleist 718 AP2
Wedges: Cleveland CG10 in 54 and 60 deg
Putter: Odyssey White Steel #1

6

#7 2Tall4Golf

2Tall4Golf

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73708
  • Joined: 01/25/2009
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

Great stuff.  This is very similar to a fitting I did last winter at True Spec in Chicago.  The same type of discussion, incorporating what I was working on with my instructor, and so on.
Callaway GBB Epic SZ 9*- Accra TourZ x465
TaylorMade M2 '17 15* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 7 Red
Titliest 818 H2 17* - Fujikura Atmos Blue HB 85
TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Rifle Blank 6.0
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52, 56, 60 - N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour120
Odyssey Versa Sabertooth

7

#8 Duck8

Duck8

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50844
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

I have personally used
FS Golf
Frank  Stranick in Gilbertsville Pennsylvania.

I just went through a 4 hour iron fitting session very similar to what we see in this video. Frank is also a club builder so there will not be OEM club heads to try , but the fitting, especially with loft/ lie and more importantly shaft selecting was excellent. I tried 8 shafts both steel and graphite with impact tape and taking multiple shots, using the same club head and head weight, so you can really see where the shaft impacts your strike and launch monitor ( flightscope) results. On another day I took my three best shafts out to the range to see what the ball flight and turf interaction was like.  We took those results and translated them to a test club for me. Franks has now made me a 8 iron with what we think may be my best playing shaft and I am now playing it in my bag for on course testing. Worth a call if you are serious.

I have used Izett and Club Champion in the past and this was a much better experience for me.

8

#9 jut111

jut111

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205837
  • Joined: 10/04/2012
  • Location:North of Boston
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

Nice to see a fitter admit that there’s only so much better fitting clubs can do. If you’re swing sucks, your swing sucks.

9

#10 TKS

TKS

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188262
  • Joined: 06/23/2012
  • Location:Wasatch Front, UT
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

This fitting is pretty good for video game golf enthusiasts. But like others have mentioned - this "fit" needs to be taken to the course, hit off grass in real golf fashion

All Wishon, all the time:
919Driver, Red Shaft
919F/D, Black Shaft
929 5 wd Red Shaft
775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
590 4iron, Black Shaft
5-PW Sterlings Stepless Steel Shafts
575c AW 50*
PCF Micro 54*
PCF Micro 58*
S2R #5 putter Single Bend Shaft
Softer Urethane balls - too many to list

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso

    Ooooh, that's a duff.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497680
  • Joined: 04/01/2018
  • Location:Windoor, ON
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

Agreed^^. Getting fit for irons solely through hitting off a mat is a bit like getting fit for new skates and only skating on that artificial plastic ice. Before locking in a purchase I'd like to take a long and short iron to the range to hit off the real stuff first.

11

#12 HISPL

HISPL

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Joined: 02/05/2009
  • Location:Perth Western Australia
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostJohnnypenso, on 06 June 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Agreed^^. Getting fit for irons solely through hitting off a mat is a bit like getting fit for new skates and only skating on that artificial plastic ice. Before locking in a purchase I'd like to take a long and short iron to the range to hit off the real stuff first.

As a fitter I'm not sure I could agree 100%

If the fitter knows how to factor in ball flight changes for the type of mat you are hitting off then it should be pretty straightforward to fit the player off of a mat.

You would be amazed at what a fitter might be considering during a fitting session, they might look calm on the outside but the old hamster on the wheel in their skull is running flat out!

A good fitter should be able to assess the situation pretty quickly and make sure the important parts of the fitting are not missed.

12

#13 2Bad4u

2Bad4u

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 389676
  • Joined: 08/05/2015
  • Location:Atlantic Canada
  • Handicap:16.2
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:46 AM

There are a couple of video where Ian @ TXG discussed matts. He mentioned looking at several mat manufactures and testing their various products prior to selecting what he believes is the best for indoor hitting. Ian himself admits that hitting balls outdoors is the absolute best, but he is well qualified to know what is and what is not working when hitting off matts.

The last iron video Ian suggest that the customer change from his P790's because of poor ball flight and his reasoning was poor turf interaction. The P790's have a very wide sole for being a "players club". That was not the first time Ian made head changes based off of indoor turf interaction.
Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5* | XXIO Driver 9.5*
XXIO 4w, 7w, 4h Cobra OS 5h, 6h
Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, AW
Ping Glide 54ss, 58es
Ping Sigma G Tyne Putter | Cleveland Smart Square Blade
Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis (Yellow/Black) | Snell MTB Red (Yellow)

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossifield #TaylorMadeFunnyThings

13

#14 Golf64

Golf64

    Go Habs Go!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104067
  • Joined: 02/27/2010
  • Location:SW Ontario Canada
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 2860

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:31 AM

I'm 2.5 hours from TXG. My goal is to get there one day. $500 for full bag fitting with Ian. Money well spent, IMO! ;)
Ping Hoofer
Titleist 915D2
Cobra F7 3H
Ping i200 5-PW
Ping Glide 2.0 56*
Ping Kinloch 35''
Q-Star


Super Bowl LII Champions
Fly Eagles Fly

14

#15 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

View PostGolf64, on 09 June 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

I'm 2.5 hours from TXG. My goal is to get there one day. $500 for full bag fitting with Ian. Money well spent, IMO! ;)

Smart move.  Just make sure you book well in advance.  Ian's calendar is currently booked until mid-August.

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

15

#16 Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso

    Ooooh, that's a duff.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497680
  • Joined: 04/01/2018
  • Location:Windoor, ON
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostHISPL, on 07 June 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

As a fitter I'm not sure I could agree 100%

If the fitter knows how to factor in ball flight changes for the type of mat you are hitting off then it should be pretty straightforward to fit the player off of a mat.

You would be amazed at what a fitter might be considering during a fitting session, they might look calm on the outside but the old hamster on the wheel in their skull is running flat out!

A good fitter should be able to assess the situation pretty quickly and make sure the important parts of the fitting are not missed.
There really is no substitute for hitting off the turf.  Things you can get away with on the mat you can't get away with on the turf.  Most importantly, IMO of course, you have to get a feel for how the club interacts with the turf.  You can estimate what you think might happen on turf vs. mat but it's only an estimate.  There's no substitute for actually doing it.

16

#17 TKS

TKS

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188262
  • Joined: 06/23/2012
  • Location:Wasatch Front, UT
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

This is driver testing not driver fitting. No club length consideration, no swing weight/shaft weight. Having a swing path change during a "fitting" without understanding why.

All Wishon, all the time:
919Driver, Red Shaft
919F/D, Black Shaft
929 5 wd Red Shaft
775 18* hyb, Interflexx Shaft
590 4iron, Black Shaft
5-PW Sterlings Stepless Steel Shafts
575c AW 50*
PCF Micro 54*
PCF Micro 58*
S2R #5 putter Single Bend Shaft
Softer Urethane balls - too many to list

17

#18 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostTKS, on 11 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

This is driver testing not driver fitting. No club length consideration, no swing weight/shaft weight. Having a swing path change during a "fitting" without understanding why.

He's being fit for irons...
Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

18

#19 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why don’t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts don’t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So it’s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.

Edited by BB28403, 11 June 2018 - 10:46 PM.


19

#20 lsu_justin

lsu_justin

    Geaux Tigers!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47125
  • Joined: 01/26/2008
  • Location:LSU
  • Ebay ID:iheartlsu
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:53 PM

View PostBB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why don’t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts don’t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So it’s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.
Did you even watch the whole video?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

 lsu_justin, on 11 June 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why donâ€â„˘t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts donâ€â„˘t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So itâ€â„˘s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.
Did you even watch the whole video?

Yes,  the 2 fitters are never in the same frame as their customer who drove so far.  They never even physically interact with him.  Seems odd.
I am used to YouTube channels that are very real.  This seems to be not real.

Edited by BB28403, 11 June 2018 - 11:27 PM.


21

#22 phatchrisrules

phatchrisrules

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20680
  • Joined: 10/17/2006
  • Location:Southern Ontario, Canada
  • Handicap:6.5
GolfWRX Likes : 615

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:29 AM

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

 lsu_justin, on 11 June 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why donâ€â„¢t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts donâ€â„¢t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So itâ€â„¢s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.
Did you even watch the whole video?

Yes,  the 2 fitters are never in the same frame as their customer who drove so far.  They never even physically interact with him.  Seems odd.
I am used to YouTube channels that are very real.  This seems to be not real.

Yes, no interaction with him at all despite helping make a better swing path that will help his game more than any club will, that was done by physically touching him and getting him to do motions and drills.  If you can stomach it, watch one of the live fitting videos and you'll see what a real fit looks like.  Not some little 20 minute snippet out of a 90 minute session.

Edited by phatchrisrules, 12 June 2018 - 07:16 PM.

Callaway Rogue SZ 9* - Diamana BF 60
Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Fubuki V-Series 70
Callaway Rogue 17* - Diamana Thump 85
Ping G700 4 - Fujikura Atmos Black 95
Ping G700 5 - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green"
Ping i500 6-PW - Accra 105CWT "Master's Green" (Most likely as it looks awesome)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Modus 105 Wedge Master's Green
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 Centre Shaft

22

#23 asimone

asimone

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196070
  • Joined: 08/02/2012
  • Location:Kansas
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

 lsu_justin, on 11 June 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why donâ€â„¢t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts donâ€â„¢t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So itâ€â„¢s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.
Did you even watch the whole video?

Yes,  the 2 fitters are never in the same frame as their customer who drove so far.  They never even physically interact with him.  Seems odd.
I am used to YouTube channels that are very real.  This seems to be not real.

Just goes to show you, you can't please everyone. More popular you get on Youtube or anywhere online the more haters it will attract. Some people watch a 20 minute video and assume they see and know everything that happened during the fitting.
Driver: Titleist 917 D2
3 Wood: Titleist 904 F
Hybrid: 21 deg Cobra Baffler
4i-PW: Titleist 718 AP2
Wedges: Cleveland CG10 in 54 and 60 deg
Putter: Odyssey White Steel #1

23

#24 coreyhr

coreyhr

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78719
  • Joined: 03/30/2009
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:+2.8
  • Ebay ID:coreyua
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

 lsu_justin, on 11 June 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 11 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Geeez they talk a lot ...  why donâ€â„¢t they watch him hit and not both talk into the camera?  Seems like an infomercial for themselves.

Just as an example when Mark Crossfield or Dan off his channel are fitting someone.  They are right beside them asking them questions, watching them hit.  Looking at data ,  and they both think shafts donâ€â„¢t matter at all.  They handed this member 3 shafts and turns out he hit a ladies shaft the best.  So itâ€â„¢s really minute the gains a different shaft will give you.  And all these places have all the Pretty shafts on the wall like candy canes.  Run away if you see this.

But anyhow someone fitting you should at least be beside you the whole fitting.  Not talking into a camera.
Did you even watch the whole video?

Yes,  the 2 fitters are never in the same frame as their customer who drove so far.  They never even physically interact with him.  Seems odd.
I am used to YouTube channels that are very real.  This seems to be not real.

This is what you expect from a fitting?

https://www.youtube....h?v=7PbRZ5QMAs0
Ping G400 LST 8* - Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
Taylormade M1 15* - Tour AD TP 7X
Callaway XR Pro 18* 5 Wood - Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.0
Srixon Z745 4-PW - KBS Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, 62*
Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH


The sea was angry that day, my friends.

24

#25 tjl48

tjl48

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424308
  • Joined: 05/08/2016
  • Location:MN
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Crossfield is terrible. His ego is much bigger than his brain.


25

#26 LEO MODE

LEO MODE

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467156
  • Joined: 05/11/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

 2Bad4u, on 09 June 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

There are a couple of video where Ian @ TXG discussed matts. He mentioned looking at several mat manufactures and testing their various products prior to selecting what he believes is the best for indoor hitting. Ian himself admits that hitting balls outdoors is the absolute best, but he is well qualified to know what is and what is not working when hitting off matts.

The last iron video Ian suggest that the customer change from his P790's because of poor ball flight and his reasoning was poor turf interaction. The P790's have a very wide sole for being a "players club". That was not the first time Ian made head changes based off of indoor turf interaction.

Can you please tell me what mats he recommended and which videos he said that? Thanks in advance.

26

#27 Tommyj

Tommyj

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40570
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

 tjl48, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Crossfield is terrible. His ego is much bigger than his brain.

And his mouth is the biggest of all, nothing sweeter than the sound of his own voice.

27

#28 2Bad4u

2Bad4u

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 389676
  • Joined: 08/05/2015
  • Location:Atlantic Canada
  • Handicap:16.2
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

 LEO MODE, on 14 June 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

 2Bad4u, on 09 June 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

There are a couple of video where Ian @ TXG discussed matts. He mentioned looking at several mat manufactures and testing their various products prior to selecting what he believes is the best for indoor hitting. Ian himself admits that hitting balls outdoors is the absolute best, but he is well qualified to know what is and what is not working when hitting off matts.

The last iron video Ian suggest that the customer change from his P790's because of poor ball flight and his reasoning was poor turf interaction. The P790's have a very wide sole for being a "players club". That was not the first time Ian made head changes based off of indoor turf interaction.

Can you please tell me what mats he recommended and which videos he said that? Thanks in advance.

It was one of the earlier ones... sorry I can not be more helpful than that.
Ping G400 Max Driver 10.5* | XXIO Driver 9.5*
XXIO 4w, 7w, 4h Cobra OS 5h, 6h
Callaway Apex CF16 7-PW, AW
Ping Glide 54ss, 58es
Ping Sigma G Tyne Putter | Cleveland Smart Square Blade
Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis (Yellow/Black) | Snell MTB Red (Yellow)

Callaway Chrome Soft #1 Lost Ball on Tour - Mark Crossifield #TaylorMadeFunnyThings

28

#29 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

 Tommyj, on 14 June 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

 tjl48, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Crossfield is terrible. His ego is much bigger than his brain.

And his mouth is the biggest of all, nothing sweeter than the sound of his own voice.

Haterz gonna hate

29

#30 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:51 AM

 tjl48, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Crossfield is terrible. His ego is much bigger than his brain.

Nahhh Braaaa :)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors