Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

First range finder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Priceyd

Priceyd

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 219763
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

Hey looking at treating my self to a rangefinder

Have been looking at Nikon Coolshot 20 and 40 I also see they do an I version is that just with slope?

Is slope worth it?
Looking at no more then 250 anyone have any other recommendations

Edited by Priceyd, 04 June 2018 - 07:58 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
GolfWRX Likes : 1662

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

My Caddytek cost like $150 and works great. Doesn't find distances as fast as a Bushnell and there's no Jolt but it works perfectly.
WITB
DR - '16 M2 X-Torsion Copper 60 (Fuji Speeder Evo II 661 back up)
3W - F8 2KXV Blue 70
3h - JPX 850 Tensei Blue 80
Irons - P790 4-PW Modus 120
GW - Cobra Trusty 50/8 Modus Wedge 115
SW - Cobra Trusty 54/10 Modus Wedge 115 for firm turf/Taylormade Fe2O3 56/14 DG S200 for medium & soft
LW - Cobra Trusty 60/6 Modus Wedge 115
P - Custom Oil Soaked Xenon (Odyssey O Works Tank #7 backup)
Ball - Project (a)
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

#3 cfmgolf

cfmgolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74758
  • Handicap:5-9
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:59 AM

Definitely check out the Precision Pro - I think both of their models are well within your budget.  Had a friend with the Nikon and had multiple issues with it and ended up going with the Precision Pro slope version.  The company is quite active on this forum and I think they also offer a WRX promo of some sort.  Search for them and you should find the promo.

PS - I have no affiliation with them - just a fan!
Callaway Rouge SZ 9* w/ Evenflow Blue S
Callaway Epic 4/5W
Cobra Fly Z 3/4H w/ Aldila Tour Green 85S
Ping G700 4-U w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX 3.0 52*
Cleveland RTX 3.0 56*
Odyssey O Works

#4 Precision Pro Golf

Precision Pro Golf

• Sponsors
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414432
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

View Postcfmgolf, on 06 June 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

Definitely check out the Precision Pro - I think both of their models are well within your budget.  Had a friend with the Nikon and had multiple issues with it and ended up going with the Precision Pro slope version.  The company is quite active on this forum and I think they also offer a WRX promo of some sort.  Search for them and you should find the promo.

PS - I have no affiliation with them - just a fan!

Cfmgolf speaks the truth! We have a special offer for GolfWRX forum members. Just use the discount code GOLFWRX for $20 off at the point of purchase. If you buy before June 30, you'll also be eligible for $30 off via our mail-in-rebate offer. That means you can get our NX7 Pro, which is our slope model and has pulse technology, for around $199. (It retails for $249.)

That also includes a 90-day money-back guarantee, two-year warranty, and our Precision Care Package.

Hope this helps! Whichever rangefinder you choose, we hope it works well for you and helps you enjoy the great game of golf even more.
Swing with Confidence. Hit More Greens.
$20 OFF with Discount Code GOLFWRX.
www.precisionprogolf.com

Posted Image

#5 BenSeattle

BenSeattle

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 610
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

I searched long and hard with PRICE being a major consideration. (Although I wasn't willing to gamble on an unknown cheapie, even while some of the lesser brands get surprisingly GREAT reviews.)

When another major gear review site (initials M.G.S.) did an intensive rangefinder test, the "Nikon Coolshot STABILIZED" came out number one.  Still, there's no way I'm paying $400-plus but I took a close look at the Nikon line.  Demoed the Coolshot 20 and 40 and while I loved that both were FAST, when I got my hands on the Coolshot 80 VR, this boy fell in love.  (The i80 VR model has Slope but I can live without it.)  Clear optics, very fast, easy to read but the real selling point is the STABILIZATION feature.  I've got steady hands but let's face it.... when shooting a distant target many rangefinders are flat-out tough to lock in.  Not the 80 VR.  It's like a gyroscope; press the button and the machine "settles in," becoming MUCH steadier than your hands.  Not like it was on a tripod, true, but far steadier than any other scope I tried.  Oh, and I paid precisely the target price you mentioned from a website that was new to me.  But they have great deals.  You can pay more but I don't think you can get more.  (For the record, I have no connection to either GolfTech or Nikon.)

Happy golfing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors