Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Beating your personal best

30 replies to this topic

#31 Roody

Roody

You ride her until she bucks you or don't ride at all

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 563

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

View PostAreJohn, on 05 June 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostRoody, on 05 June 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Two weekends ago I was even after 14 holes, on pace to tie my all-time best (even). On 15 tee my buddy says "wow, you've got a great round going. Don't mess it up".

I'm like "thanks, a**hole". I bogeyed 15, but I got it back with a bird on 16. I was really nervous on 18, but managed to scrape together a bogey for a 1-over round. Oh well.

Had a little team bet going this weekend and my partner was on track for his best round when the away team pointed out he was 1 under on 10 tee. Snapped that drive over the highway and rode my back in to shoot his handicap on the dot. Don't these people know not to jinx the pitcher?
That is the exact quote one of my other playing partners used when I was telling him this story. Whenever I have a friend who is playing out of his mind, I try to keep his mind off of it by striking up a conversation about anything other than golf.

I'm not that mad at him for doing that to me to be honest. The bogey on 15 was really not his fault. I hit a great drive, it was the approach shot and chip-on that really did me in. I had 127 to the flag, pretty good wind behind me. So I hit SW, which I can hit about 100 yards. I landed beyond the hole and it bounced off the back. My chip-on was weak, and I just barely missed the 10-foot putt for par.

Edited by Roody, 11 June 2018 - 09:58 AM.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2
Titleist 716 T-MB 2-iron
Callaway Apex irons 3-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws and Mack Daddy Wedges

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors