Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dealing with distances and growth spurts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

My Daughter is going though a big growth spurt.  The biggest issue lately has been able to gauge accurate distances for clubs.  It seems like she constantly changing the distances week to week lately. The good thing is her swing speed is going way up now.

Though about using Game Golf and perhaps getting a Voice Caddie to help dial in distances faster.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 agatha

agatha

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308263
GolfWRX Likes : 1405

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

Idk if this helps but when my son was going thru growth spurts he needed his lie angle needed to be adjusted along with the growing.

#3 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

View Postagatha, on 02 June 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Idk if this helps but when my son was going thru growth spurts he needed his lie angle needed to be adjusted along with the growing.

Yes I agree we constantly look at the lie angles.  The hard part I am seeing is the loss of distance during a round. When here growing the stamina seems to be an an issue.   We found working out in the gym seems to help.

In the last couple of months i have see. A huge jump in distance and speed were about two club lengths longer then a few months. I think all kids go though an always period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors