Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bushnell Pro X2 VS Nikon Coolshot 80i VR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Piko

Piko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413480
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

I'm down to deciding between these 2 similarly priced rangefinders. I've searched all over the net /youtube for an unbiased comparison & no luck. Looking for some insight to help in my decision.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 coloradojer

coloradojer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98417
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

I had a problem seeing through the Nikon with sunglasses on - everything was pretty much too dark to see.  It's almost as if Nikon put an extra polarizing filter on their lens that was interfering with the sunglasses I was wearing.  If you would turn the Nikon 90 degrees, you could see through it.

I'm not certain if it was a problem with Oakley prizm lenses also or just polarized lenses, but I never had an issue using sunglasses with Bushnell or Precision Pro rangefinders.  It was fine without sunglasses - just something that you may want to test first if you have the chance.

I would think if it was a common problem with the Nikon rangefinders I would have heard about it somewhere when I was researching, but I'm the only one I know of that had that issue.  Been using rangefinders for 17 years without a problem, but had that same issue testing 3 different Nikon 80is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors