Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Dad's Ping Karsten I Pat. Pending Irons and Pat Pending Woods

Ping Anser2 Pat Pending Pro Only Karsten I

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dc3085

dc3085

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 502862
  • Handicap:haha
  • Ebay ID:gnarlededgewood
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

I figured this would be the kind of place, where people might enjoy seeing these. My dad bought them in 80s at a yard sale for $50. We collect golf clubs of all sorts, but only recently started selling off a lot of clubs. Most of what we have are just cool playable examples of technology changes, we weren't trying to find anything rare or valuable, just cool stuff to whack range balls with really. He was a very good golfer when I was young, until he lost some fingers in an accident at work, and he's been years getting back into it.

This was the first really quality set of clubs he had, and he played them off and on my whole life, but as he gets older he only really plays his Callaways anymore. I sent the info to Pong, to see what the whole bag, might be worth. My dad thinks a lot of the clubs and wants them to end up with someone who is more of a true collector than we are, or someone who plans to play them often. Both of us really hate seeing vintage sets busted up, and I've actually never seen this complete of a set of the Pat Pending stuff. Ironically the pitching wedge is currently leaning up in a corner of the garage or house, hiding from us, but we found the Anser 2 he forgot came with it while looking for the P. I'll take a better group photo as soon as I find the P.

I've done my research pretty well, but can't find info on serial numbers, they're older than the records Ping held onto. I figured you guys might have an idea what year they actually are, and generally just like to see them. 2-9, S, P, Anser 2, and 1w, 3w, 4w, and 5w.

Attached Files

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 scruffynick

scruffynick

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 317681
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 680

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Those are mint!! I used the 3rd version of these classics....game changers for us amateurs and still very much playable today. Plus they stay in great condition as the early pings are best on indestructible

#3 sdandrea

sdandrea

Steve

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1098

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

My Dad played Karsten I irons - he bought them new when they first came out.  I inherited his PING love. :smilie_ping:
Taylormade Superfast 2.0 10.5*
Cobra Baffler 4H, 6H
PING G400 7-UW
PING Tour S Rustique 56* SW
Scotty Fastback
"Never buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it"

#4 bellview17

bellview17

Just chilling in the time out box

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105758
  • Ebay ID:bellview17
GolfWRX Likes : 227

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:56 PM

Whoa, I love me some Ping irons and wood type woods.

#5 resnor

resnor

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 249464
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

I love those woods.

#6 rex235

rex235

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95615
  • Ebay ID:brsmooth235
GolfWRX Likes : 1848

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:09 AM

dc-

Very Nice.

Your PING woods and Karsten I irons have Reg. Nos, and PING has kept it's records, so don't be afraid to get info from them.

Though your Ping Anser 2 is not the older "Pat Pend." version, am certain there are big fans of this model.

Only item missing is the PING bag...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors