Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Garmin G10 failed after 9 rounds, anyone experience anything similar?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cutchemist42

cutchemist42

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393526
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:12 AM

Bought this from Golftown new in Feb, and have only used it for 8 rounds since the golf season started here.

Last used on Wednesday, when the battery became low during the round. Plugged it in today while I was at work and grabbed it tonight for a round. Went to turn it on at the course and it didnt turn on. Have now plugged it into multiple power sources and its not charging or turning on at all. Have tried cleaning the contacts and still no use.

I've contacted Garmin about it already, but wont hear back from them until next week Im guessing. Just wondering before they contact me if anyone else has had this problem this quickly in ownership?

Besides for this trouble, I have loved how it works.

Now I just gotta find the receipt just in case.....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bogey69

bogey69

Dad2kjaa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 294684
  • Ebay ID:Dad2kjaa
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

Mine worked well on Round 1. Then, at a different course, it couldnt find the course.  Weird, but I used my Golf Buddy and figured maybe Garmin didn't have that course.  

The it happened again on a different course.  

Is there a reset method, or maybe syncing with the website will help?

#3 bellken

bellken

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16107
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

I have had mine, since, late 2016. It fell on the ground once, and, the screen cracked. It still worked, but, for the last 3 rounds, it seems to lose track of where it is at on the golf course. The G10 doesn't seem to be too durable. My old igolf Neo was dropped a few times, it has some scratches on the casing, but, it works fine otherwise. Unfortunately, my Neo is so old, it isn't supported anymore.

The G10 seems to well supported, you just need to use Garmin Connect, and, it will update automatically, if an update is available.

As for cutchemist42, you should check with Golftown, it might be easier to deal with Golftown vs. dealing directly with Garmin.

Edited by bellken, 08 June 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#4 howellhandmade

howellhandmade

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240097
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Mine works fine, except that the battery level drops unexpectedly. When new (March), it would last for several rounds, and I'd charge it when it got to 30 or 20%. Now, it can start at 60-80% and then go low battery and shut off mid-round.

It's also annoying that if goes into "score" mode when I'm still 50 yards from the green and would like to figure yardage for a pitch shot. It's not terrible for a hundred bucks but I wouldn't buy another one.

#5 BG5

BG5

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223299
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

No issues....love mine and how small it is

Ping K15 Driver - 10.5*
Ping K15 3 Wood 16* & 5 Wood 19*
Ping Karsten Hybrids 19* 22* 25*
Ping Karsten Irons 6-PW
Ping Karsten Wedges 51* 55*
Ping Scottsdale Greyhawk TR Putter
WITB Link

#6 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 5974

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:18 AM

I've had 3 different Garmin golf watch GPS units, 3 auto, and 1 hiking. 1 failed after about a couple months and Garmin replaced it with no questions or hassels.  I've found their customer support has been outstanding.    The rest continued to work fine (at least until they became obsolete or replaced).

Edited by Stuart G., 12 June 2018 - 04:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors