Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Short Par 4 - Rickie Fowler

41 replies to this topic

#31 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

View Postwalpy, on 27 June 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

So... you're getting $20 off next month for missing nothing? I'd say that's generous.

If its worth the price is a separate issue.
i was offered 20 off for being told they were sending me a polo that was missing. When I called back to get the tracking number they said, no you’re no longer getting the polo.  When I said look at this email that said I am, they said oh , uh how about 20 off next time.  

Update :
I actually spoke with the Vice President if the company today for about 30 minutes on the phone. Absolutely great guy (from what I learned in my short conversation).  We spoke about the reason that I personally felt the box was a huge letdown, and why I thought they were getting roasted on social media.  I told him what my perception of what items to expect I had and he really seemed to take it as an important amount of feedback.  We talked about what I thought needed to be done to make it right this time, and more importantly, going forward.  
I felt confident in our phone call enough to not cancel. And shortly after we hung up, there was an email thanking me for my time and the feedback that I gave him.

Ping G400 LST UST V2 75 X tipped 1 inch
Pinf i25 16* hybrid UST Recoil 85 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 4-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 lopey986

lopey986

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413808
  • Ebay ID:lopey986
GolfWRX Likes : 1011

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:12 AM

Looks like the July box has an autographed Shinnecock flag, but only for the first 500 people who sign up? But they said current members will be taken care of.

My box lapsed in June because my card expired, I'll renew for July if I can get the flag, but we'll see. Put in a message to them to find out.

#33 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:28 AM

View PostMtngolfer1, on 28 June 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I have been with SP4 for a couple years. I have come to learn that my fairway box subscription  it is a monthly blind box, not a personal shopper. I have a personal shopper subscription I tell them I need jeans shoes sport shirts a jacket and a mix of clothing shows up each month I keep what I like and send back what I don't and only pay for what I keep. The SP4 blind box is much less in cost and I understand that this is a random offering and my level of excitement will vary month to month its basically  the luck of the draw .

The Fowler Tour box is the same idea,  but it's about a Tour item not available to everyone a unique offering such as Tour Logo Shirts, Hats, pants .. Scorecard Holders.. or even a signed item. Often these are items that a specific value can't always be assigned.  The perceived value will vary per subscriber.  The cost of the Tour box from my perspective is more about the price of having access to unique Tour or player offerings rather than hitting a value level based on a MSRP or something.  I know I won't likely be a continuous or  long term subscriber of the Tour Box  I like the Player and the idea of limited Unique offerings, but at 50 the idea of wearing orange pants is not all that appealing to me. My son and nephew both loved the shirts and hats and I think the score cardholder is pretty cool myself.   I look at the $120 as the monthly dues  of being in he Tour Box Club for access to the Tour or unique items only available to club members  and not necessarily the value of what I will receive and as a bonus I know the value will often exceed my monthly investment. I plan on reevaluating my subscriptions at the 4-6 month point two months is too small of a sampling for me to evaluate the overall  worth of the subscription to me.

I actually thought the scorecard holder was the strongest item in the box.  I thought the hat was the weakest link, as it was something that we could pretty much get anywhere, for 25 bux without his cobra logo and his twitter handle, which is the only way I would ever wear it.  

I like the way you think of the monthly dues... problem of it was it was more aimed at (the way I perceived it anyway) an apparel audience.  I was expecting apparel.  So if the scorecard holder would have been in addition to a couple of shirts or a shirt and a pair of shorts or some combination like that,  I actually would have thought that it would have been a home run.  to me the scorecard holder and the yardage book alone were not enough to "make the box"  and with the other item being a hat.... it failed.

Like I mentioned previously, i had a very lengthy conversation with the VP of marketing and he seemed very interested in the feedback that I was giving him, and his exact words were before I said anything about my personal thoughts was that he felt that they "missed the boat" with this one.  a very large number of their members/subscribers that got them were not happy... way larger than they ever imagined.
They are making steps to make this better and better (thats why I am going to continue) and also, the box itself (the whole premise of the items and whatnot) were actually Rickie's idea.
Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

#34 Mtngolfer1

Mtngolfer1

Major Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45586
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 492

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

You are right on the mark, by no means was the June box a home run for SP4, simply based on the majority of subscriber responses. I was simply giving point of view for subscribers to consider and not give up on the Tour Box too early. I would hate to see this go away an hope that SP4 would expand the offering at some point. Honestly two boxes in and as of last night I don't have a singe item in use from either box. My scorecard holder went out the door with my son last night.  At 6'-2" with a full beard a former Marine with his MC tattoo decked out n Rickie gear head toe it will be hard to miss him on the course. Maybe the Tour Box  is better suited  for a 25 year old than a 50 year old ...LOL  I expect that the process will take some tweaking before SP4 dials it in, but it's been fun being part of the process though.

#35 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Well, I was able to purchase the first box.  I really like the shirts and the belt is great. So great value there. Next box should be good being that there is a signed flag from the us open. Plus a couple of clothing items.

Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

#36 ckay

ckay

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14808
GolfWRX Likes : 923

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

I signed up for the RF box hoping to get a signed flag. He’s my wife’s favorite player.
Taylormade M4 440 10* Rogue 125 60 TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link

#37 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

View Postlopey986, on 29 May 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

View Postbyflow2, on 27 May 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

how are the feel of those polos?

they're a little heavier, i played in 98 degree weather on Monday and put one on before the round and decided it's probably a little too heavy for hot summer golf. they aren't the evoknit polos which i find to be their lightest and most comfortable polos.
I was able to get the first box, but ingot a white belt and a grey and green hat. I really like your hat and i like the belt we got.  So much that i am goimg to contact SP4 about buying the orange/white hat and the orange belt.  Even if the hat is just the plain one (better for me if it is)

Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

#38 goosekee2

goosekee2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131450
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:goosekee1
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Anyone get a box in July yet? Signed flags? Am curious if the boxes are getting better and they are following through with what they said.

#39 lopey986

lopey986

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413808
  • Ebay ID:lopey986
GolfWRX Likes : 1011

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

View Postgoosekee2, on 10 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Anyone get a box in July yet? Signed flags? Am curious if the boxes are getting better and they are following through with what they said.

They usually come closer to end of month I believe. I skipped June but got back in on July because they said I'd get a flag, but we'll see.

#40 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

yeah the tour boxes ship on the 20th...

Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 btmoney

btmoney

hack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232629
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

First box for me will be July. Based on what they claim you'll get over the course of a year on their site, sounds like a pretty sweet gig. Clubs, range finder, Salt sunglasses, Titleist stuff + Puma gear....

#42 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:38 AM

Yes you will pretty much need to look at it that way.  You will get a couple of months of WTF??  And a couple of months of HOLY SCHNIKES!!  

Update:
Unable to get the hat and belt from first box. Go time hat quarry/white/vivid orange and extension belt. Found the hat on golf locker in the same color, not the one with logos (fine with me) but nobody had the belt in my size.

Edited by Geaux Gators, 13 July 2018 - 10:37 AM.

Ping Tyne
OnCore Elixr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors