Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

I'm quitting golf ...

122 replies to this topic

#121 FourTops

FourTops

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 500886
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

View PostZuzert, on 13 June 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postlchang, on 13 June 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

View PostClub Guru, on 28 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Seems like Tennis could be a logical transition and it could help your golf game if you come back.

Hmmm. How does tennis help your golf game?

the mechanics of the swing and weight transfer is very similar. I'd say more than baseball or hockey. I'm not quite sure hockey can even be considered a "similar" action. Coming from someone who has played his whole life. The slap shot is the closest thing but still not representative at all in my opinion.

Tennis is similar to golf.  Problem with tennis is if one is older, it's easy to rip ligaments / tendons.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 Hehateme

Hehateme

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133784
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

Had to back off golf years ago due to the birth of a child. Me and my brother decided to start racing RC cars, 10th scale electric both dirt and asphalt. It was amazing fun but uber expensive. Since we have raced something, anything, our entire lives that lead to racing motorcycles off road, Enduro and hair scramble. We had raced motocross as kids so this was a natural evolution. That lasted 2 decades until we had to try something else. We eventually came back to golf. Not sure what will satisfy the need for speed in the future, but at 55 golf might be good enough

#123 platgof

platgof

platgof

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125351
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:platgof
GolfWRX Likes : 234

Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

I like the rc racing, 8th scale outdoor dirt track is where it is at. I had a rough time at the golf tournament I played recently, as I was exhausted. So I took a break for awhile. Played nine today, and it was a blast.

Edited by platgof, 16 June 2018 - 09:28 PM.

TM R15 HL
F7 4 Wood GBB 5 & 7 Wood
GBB OS 4, 5 Hybrid
TM M4 6-AW
Ping Zing2 SW
Scotty X5R
B330RX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors