Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * - - - 1 votes

Ah ha Moment

Another One!

63 replies to this topic

#61 Exactice808

Exactice808

Just want to hit ball far and go find it...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220751
  • Handicap:7-27
GolfWRX Likes : 3258

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

View Postneilcsd, on 13 June 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

View PostExactice808, on 13 June 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

View Postneilcsd, on 13 June 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

I've had so many ah-ha moments I've lost count.  these moments are leased, never owned...don't forget :D

So have I, but this is the first one that translated to my scoring.  It cant be a coincidence.   3 rounds, 3 different courses, 3 different groups of friends. I am playing again Thursday as usual.  But again..... why has my score dropped.  As I still DONT practice, just went to the range that 1 time to beat balls and get this move locked in.  Have not been back to the range since.  

there has to be a point where things finally clicked....and it seems this one might.....and I say it very lightly might... have actually set in!

I know what you mean I think - I have a fairly fundamentally sound swing that can only have come from ingraining things into my subconscious so that I don't have to worry about them anymore.  I just have those days where things are just like what the a** is going on I'm hitting SO MUCH better than I usually do!  and I figure it out, but the next day I can't replicate.  It's irritating!  But I love the sport.

I have had bad days....and good days.... but consistency escapes me.... this is the first time I can say that I have some consistency.   That being said.... I do understand and accept this game for what it is and that is why I made the point I need to LOCK in this move and its a learning curve, BUT the thing is that because its sticking and not being "Irritating" have I stumbled onto something more?

View Postdeathbymuffin, on 13 June 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Exactice,

You said you're 5'8".  Just curious. Do you happen to have long arms for your height?  I'm 5'7"(and 1/2) with long arms (for instance, i used to be able to dunk a baseball on a 10' hoop).  I'm just wondering if our body type tends to have these specific problems.

And my very same A Ha moment still seems to be sticking at the range.  I've all but eliminated my "unplayable" strikes.  The ASI realization has also improved my chipping, pitching and bunker play, which were inconsistent at best and occasionally riddled with shanks.  Now I just need a putting Ah Ha moment...haha.

Im an little asian dude, so I doubt I have longer arms, dunk...and Asian dont normally go together HAHAH,  For me I think about growing up and fundamentals.  I played baseball and soccer well before I played golf....realizing now baseball and golf have levers similar to each other...Yet I was NEVER a strong batter.  Now I realize why.   I was not using mechanics properly.

This again goes to a golf swing. My mechanics was flawed from the get go.

So body type I doubt affects it more than JUST, the basic mechanics that are in play.... Why would a big dude like Craig Stadler, be able to play at the same level as a TW or Rory. with totally different body's because the mechanics are sound and they use the body levers consistently and efficiently.

Edited by Exactice808, 13 June 2018 - 05:30 PM.

Titleist 915D3 Diamana D+ S 70
TM M2v1 - Stock ReAx 65 Stiff - Testing......
TM 18* M2 Rogue Silver 60 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2's 4,5 NSPro 1150GH Stiff
Cobra AMP Cell Pro 6-PW PX 6.0 Rifles
Titleist SM5 Vokey50*/8*, 54*/10* & 58*/8* X100's
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 33"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 uscheese

uscheese

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9579
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Post a video!!

#63 Exactice808

Exactice808

Just want to hit ball far and go find it...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 220751
  • Handicap:7-27
GolfWRX Likes : 3258

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

View Postuscheese, on 15 June 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Post a video!!

Roger that! As soon as I get a chance I will as I stated, I have not gone back to the range since my initial post. Its been tough with these 2 kids.... Just getting out to play is tough let alone trying to run to the range without pissing off the wife LOL!

PS I had another round, would the collective want me to continue to share. or am I wasting bandwith?
Titleist 915D3 Diamana D+ S 70
TM M2v1 - Stock ReAx 65 Stiff - Testing......
TM 18* M2 Rogue Silver 60 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2's 4,5 NSPro 1150GH Stiff
Cobra AMP Cell Pro 6-PW PX 6.0 Rifles
Titleist SM5 Vokey50*/8*, 54*/10* & 58*/8* X100's
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 33"

#64 uscheese

uscheese

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9579