Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

MEMBER REVIEWS: SuperStroke Soft Wrap TC Swing Grips

superstroke soft wrap tc swing grip

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HipCheck

HipCheck

Up the Irons!

• Marshals
  • 5,962 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1164

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

testing_superstroke_softwraptc_REVIEWS.jpg

10 GolfWRX Members have been chosen to review SuperStroke Soft Wrap TC Swing Grips.

ABOUT SuperStoke SOFT WRAP TC SWING GRIPS
Less Taper. More Distance.

Taper Control Technology is engineered to create a larger low hand profile reducing taper to minimize grip pressure. Lighter Grip pressure increases clubhead speed for greater distance and promotes a square face at impact maximizing swing efficiency.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
  • Proprietary ControlTac compound offers ultimate sticky soft feel for superior comfort, dampened vibrations and enhanced tactile performance under any conditions.
  • GeoSpeed Channels are geometrically designed to reduce grip pressure, optimizing energy transference and maximizing speed at impact. Deep, ergonomic channels provided superior comfort.
  • 100% Made in America
Performance Characteristics:
  • Feel Level: Soft
  • Tack Level: High
  • Wet Friction Level: Mid
  • Feedback Level: Mid
View on SuperStroke's Web Site

Let's keep this thread clear until the testers being posting.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Handicap:+1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1246

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

IMG_0677.JPG

I have a Ping S57 7 iron that matches my iron specs very well that I use as a test bed for trying out different swing grips, so that's what I put the SuperStroke grip on.  

My impressions are quite positive, and overall I'd call the grip a combination of the best attributes of the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap.  You get the lessened taper of the CP2, but with even more tack and surface texture than the Tour Wrap 2G.  The grip is soft and tacky without being overly squishy, and there isn't any sensation of the grip twisting in your hands at impact.  It also doesn't dull the feedback from impact too much as some grips like this can.

Super Stroke are definitely on the right track with this grip, and I think Lamkin and Golf Pride need to be looking over their shoulder if SS continues to put out swing grips of this quality.  I would very seriously consider switching to this grip if I played somewhere cooler and less humid, but since I live and play in Florida I will be sticking with cord grips for now.

Really fun to get a chance to give this grip a test drive, so thanks very much to Super Stroke and WRX!

Edited by bcflyguy1, 13 June 2018 - 08:14 PM.

Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

#3 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 547

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

I got them last Friday.. going to regrip my wedges this week..

Very tacky, Soft, and good looking grips..

#4 eagle1997

eagle1997

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
GolfWRX Likes : 22189

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

my grips came in!  sweet!  i will be getting them installed this week, and putting into play on sunday.  

some pics to whet the appetite...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

initial thoughts: these grips are sticky.  they have a distinct shine to them, so i'm guessing that coating is what is helping create that feeling.  i am a profuse hand sweater (grosser than it sounds, believe me) and i can go thru 2-3 gloves a round easy.  recently, i had actually been going gloveless with the lamkin utx and that had been working out fine... but when the humidity of the DC metro area finally hit, my hands were slipping.

very interested to test these grips and see how they do.  i hope they live up to the feeling they have right out of the box.  

thanks again to golfwrx and superstroke for giving me the opportunity to try these out.  much appreciated.
Cobra F8+ 9.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cally Steelhead XR 17°
Cobra BioCell 22°
Cobra One Length 5-PW
Bstone J15 50°
Bstone J15 52°
Odyssey Black Milled #1

#5 Bravo36

Bravo36

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30879
  • Ebay ID:bravo36
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

Place holder.  3 grips received, but have not had a chance to install yet.  Will try and get that done in the next day or 2.

Posted Image

OK, finally got around to getting these installed.  I put them on my driver, 4 hybrid, and my pitching wedge.

Just looking at them, they appear to be slick, but are in fact quite tacky to my hand.  They weighed 52 grams each.

My normal grips are Winn Dri-Tacs because I live and play in Texas.  It has been unusually hot and humid already his year.  I love the Dri-Tacs.  They are everything I want in a grip, except, they wear out waaay too easily.  I especially like the ability to hold a club securely even with sweaty hands, and I like the cushioning effect of the grip.

Ok, on to the Supertrokes!  I had a practice round with them on Thursday, played a full round with them yesterday, and had a lesson today...because I played so badly yesterday.

Feel, was just ok for me, about what I expected.  Texture of the grip was less than desirable though. As slick as they look, it doesn't really offer much of a texture feel in your hands.  They are tacky feeling, but with almost no texture to them.  I had no problem holding onto the clubs, but just felt something was lacking, if that makes sense.

Performance was surprisingly good.  Full swings, half shots, chips all felt good through out.  They actually performed much better than I had originally thought they would.  I'm not ready to swap the Dri-Tacs out for them just yet, but I will leave them on for the duration and see how they hold up thru the summer.

Special thanks to GolfWRX and SuperStroke for these grips and this opportunity.  I appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Grips.jpg.jpg

Edited by Bravo36, 18 June 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#6 HackinNut

HackinNut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250438
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

Grips received yesterday.  Will try & get them on my wedges by this weekend for a couple tournaments in the coming days.  Will post pics & reviews later.  

Thanks again GolfWRX & SuperStroke!

#7 axeme

axeme

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129906
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:ohiowa3
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

I was able to install one on my gap wedge and played a round with it. I have some new clubs coming and want to put the others on, too. I agree with most of the above:
  • Great looking wrap style grip.
  • Great tacky feel. I had some Winn DriTacs on my clubs previously (didn't like the durability of those) and the SS TC Wrap has a "tackier" feel.
  • I was telling our pro about them and he hadn't seen one. He said he wasn't impressed by SS's earlier club grips, but when he looked at my wedge, he said,"Wow. These are really nice. What a nice feel these have."
It will take longer to fully review these. I want to try one on my driver and a mid-iron and we'll see how they feel after some wear. I have a lot of golf coming up and these should get a thorough testing. So far: very impressed.

UPDATE 6/25/18: I just got back from a week of golf in Michigan and was able to put these through their paces under a variety of conditions. Cool and damp early mornings, hot and humid afternoons, brief rain showers, etc. I like these grips a lot. They have certainly displaced the Winn DriTacs I had on my clubs, which don't hold their new feel very long. As others have noted, these feel solid with every club: no fear of hand slippage or stretching of the grip, etc. I took advantage of the discount offered testers and bought some more, so that is really my review--I'm going to use these the rest of this season on all my clubs.

My one complaint is that they get dirty easier than other grips. After a round or two, they felt like they had gathered dust and lost some of the great tackiness they have and even felt a little slick. All it took was a quick wipe with grip restorer and they were like new. For me, getting that tacky feel with the lessened taper at the bottom makes them worth that occasional extra step.

Edited by axeme, 25 June 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#8 Jbar

Jbar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97176
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:15 AM

I love the feeling and learning how to swing smoothly with it. I mixed up with couple grips (std/midsize) for past few days until I tested out Soft Wrap TC two days ago then decided on std with one tape which felt rightly in between STD - MIDSIZE. So, my 4-PW Ben Hogan Ft Worth Black irons,  SCOR4161 wedges and a G30 driver "calibrated" as of now.

Taylor Made Spider Mini is going to be in my bag soon before my match play in couple days :)

#9 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
GolfWRX Likes : 3476

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

I was not part of the winners for these grips, but I have a couple installed right now to test out up against my Pure wraps.  
  • They have less taper than the Pures, which I actually like on my driver, calms my hands a bit.
  • They are very tacky, much like the Pures
  • Its a good looking grip.
  • Its very good at shock absorbtion.  I do not wear a glove so this is a must for me.
  • Havent had experience with issues with rain or wet grips.

So far, I like these.  We will see if they can unseat my Pures.
Z785 - Tensei Pro Blue 60s
G25 3w - UST VTS Silver 7s
718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds -  Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Srixon Z Star XV/Pro V1x (still debating)

#10 rwl

rwl

Lil' Dickie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 273573
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:mr duffer
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Like everyone else received the 3 pk of test grips. Currently have a mix of Tour Velvets & New Decades on my clubs, so pretty stiff competition but not a great "apples to apples " comparison. I've put the test grips on a gap wedge & 7 iron to date.

Initial thought was grips were very similar to a Tour Wrap, which is a popular grip that I've never been crazy about. As others have reported they are very soft & sticky, I'd describe them as almost "gooey." Installation was easy but they are so soft you can actually get them on too far, which I'd not seen before. First impression was that they were a bit thin & I wondered how they'd hold up to Houston humidity. Reduced taper was not nearly as dramatic as MCC +4, which was a good  thing.  Frankly I wasn't wowed initially.

My opinion began to change however when I got them on the range. Tack was great, feel was good and they gave a very "sure" feel w/o too much grip pressure. Need to spend some more time to see how they hold up to moisture, but so far I'd say they were a pleasant surprise.

The only negative I've seen is a really strong rubber/chemical smell which was so bad you could smell it outside! If 2 clubs were that bad I'd hate to see what a whole set would be like. Hopefully that goes away.

This week`s Starting Line-Up:

B-Stone J815 w/ Fubuki ZT 60, Stiff
B-Stone J15 3 & 5 w/Fubuki ZT 75, Stiff
910H 21* w/ Diamana Ahina, Stiff
B-Stone J40 Combo set w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff, 5 - Pw
52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM5's
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

Updated my post with my initial impressions.
WITB Link

#12 rwl

rwl

Lil' Dickie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 273573
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:mr duffer
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:02 PM

View Postrwl, on 10 June 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Like everyone else received the 3 pk of test grips. Currently have a mix of Tour Velvets & New Decades on my clubs, so pretty stiff competition but not a great "apples to apples " comparison. I've put the test grips on a gap wedge & 7 iron to date.

Initial thought was grips were very similar to a Tour Wrap, which is a popular grip that I've never been crazy about. As others have reported they are very soft & sticky, I'd describe them as almost "gooey." Installation was easy but they are so soft you can actually get them on too far, which I'd not seen before. First impression was that they were a bit thin & I wondered how they'd hold up to Houston humidity. Reduced taper was not nearly as dramatic as MCC +4, which was a good  thing.  Frankly I wasn't wowed initially.

My opinion began to change however when I got them on the range. Tack was great, feel was good and they gave a very "sure" feel w/o too much grip pressure. Need to spend some more time to see how they hold up to moisture, but so far I'd say they were a pleasant surprise.

The only negative I've seen is a really strong rubber/chemical smell which was so bad you could smell it outside! If 2 clubs were that bad I'd hate to see what a whole set would be like. Hopefully that goes away.

Here's an update:
- glad to report that the odor issue has dissipated.
- after testing in record Houston heat & humidity I can report that the grip is great w/ a leather glove. Unfortunately it's not as good with a damp bare hand. After a few slipping right hands I've given up on these grips completely.

If you like GP Tour Wrap you'll like these. Unfortunately, I don't.  Sorry SS.
This week`s Starting Line-Up:

B-Stone J815 w/ Fubuki ZT 60, Stiff
B-Stone J15 3 & 5 w/Fubuki ZT 75, Stiff
910H 21* w/ Diamana Ahina, Stiff
B-Stone J40 Combo set w/ Steelfiber i95, Stiff, 5 - Pw
52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM5's
Ping Ti Anser Wrx

#13 eagle1997

eagle1997

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121529
GolfWRX Likes : 22189

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

UPDATE: after several rounds and one range session, i am disappointed to report that the initial tackiness essentially disappeared in wet weather.  i played 2x in very humid conditions this past weekend, and i could not hold onto my 5w for the life of me, even after changing gloves.  i really enjoyed the grip in dry conditions, but once these got wet, they were plain awful.  no chance i use these on any other club, and i'm cutting off this one as soon as possible.
Cobra F8+ 9.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cally Steelhead XR 17°
Cobra BioCell 22°
Cobra One Length 5-PW
Bstone J15 50°
Bstone J15 52°
Odyssey Black Milled #1

#14 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Agree, any kind of moisture whether rain, sweat, or dew turns these grips into a greased pig.  Even in rain gloves, these gloves become completely unusable in less than ideal conditions.
WITB Link

#15 Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221885
GolfWRX Likes : 3476

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:44 AM

Is there a grip that doesnt turn into a greased pig (that was LOL funny by the way) in the rain?  If its raining, I dont even head out to play - its the popup storm that gets me.

Z785 - Tensei Pro Blue 60s
G25 3w - UST VTS Silver 7s
718 TMB 19* - DG AMT White s300
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds -  Rifle 6.0
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
Srixon Z Star XV/Pro V1x (still debating)

#16 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:09 PM

View PostLord Helmet, on 16 August 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Is there a grip that doesnt turn into a greased pig (that was LOL funny by the way) in the rain?  If its raining, I dont even head out to play - its the popup storm that gets me.

I've found cord grips with rain gloves to do surprisingly well.
WITB Link

#17 High Plains Driver

High Plains Driver

Chip Yipper Extraordinaire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5556
  • Ebay ID:*chaser*
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

I love SS putter grips. I was interested in this one, but disappointed in the reviews on tack when less than dry. I bought a few of the TX1's and those grips were horrible. It's the only cord grip I have ever felt that became slick in a couple of months.
Super Stroke really needs to get someone over the swinging grip department who knows what they are doing as instead of making inroads against Golf Pride, Lamkin, Pure, et. al., they are just repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot.
I am not brand loyal. I am just seriously OCD.

Driver:  Titleist 910 D2 9.5° (set to 8.5°)
Fairways: Titleist 910F 15° and 19° woods
Hybrids:  Cobra Baffler Multi-Metal 20° and 24°  
Irons:  Titleist AP2 712 5-PW
Wedges:  
Titleist SM4 52° and 58°
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors