Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What are the chances?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChampagneGary

ChampagneGary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 271804
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:24 AM

One morning, a couple of weeks ago, I'm coming out of the bathroom getting ready for my weekly club tournament and noticed a tee lying of the floor next to the bed. I reached down and picked it up. The tee was pretty beat up, and it had a logo... Mauna Lani.  I figured it fell out of my pants pocket after my last round and I had no idea where I got it.  I stuffed in my pocket and hurried off to the garage to go to the course.Attached File  DSC02327.JPG   39.55K   24 downloads

Before I jumped in the car, I decided to go into my cabinet and get a couple more balls for the round and I quickly grabbed two TM Project(a)s from a sack of ***** balls I got from Lost Golf Balls.  One of them had a logo and I almost dropped it because the logo was... yes, Mauna Lani Attached File  DSC02327.JPG   39.55K   24 downloads.

Now I've never been to Mauna Lani and haven't been to Hawaii in probably 30 years.  Maybe 10% of the TM balls I got from Lost Golf Balls have any logos at all.  Given the thousands of possible logos in the golf universe, what are the chances that these two matching objects came together in my house that day?. It freaked me out! By the way, no aces that round nor did I win the Powerball that week. :fie:

Attached Files

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 larrybud

larrybud

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4319

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

Did you play with the ball?

Many years ago on my league course, they started doing some redesign and bulldozing, so the 2nd hole was pretty beat up.  After we play, one of the groups comes in, and says "Hey, we found your ball!"

I always had a distinct marking, and it was my ball, from at least 3-4 years before (knew that due to the brand of ball it was).  So yeah, they found my ball that I hit into the creek a few years before!

#3 Markrip

Markrip

Boss fan 62

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 365551
GolfWRX Likes : 902

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

I know where your next vacation is going to be. It’s a sign
Driver - Cobra F7