Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

SW question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mizuno player

mizuno player

Mizuno player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119445
GolfWRX Likes : 489

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

I have a ping G400lst head. Ordered it with a Ping Tour 70x flex.
44.25" and D4 SW.

I have a Synergy Black I'm putting in same length and grip only in 60gram range.

1). I thought I read where the Ping Tour shaft is slightly CB?

2). If so would the SW of the Synergy Black be vastly different to affect how it plays?

Haven't hit yet as we are under water here. Just wondering.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 5822

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:27 AM

Synergy is counterbalanced as well  but unfortunately that term is really meaningless (too unspecific) when it comes to trying to predict how the swing weight will change.  The balance point of a shaft can vary quite a bit (even if in the same 'counterbalanced' category).  So all those predictive rules about how the SW will change as the shaft weight changes are actually completely useless.

So unless you find someone else who's made the exact same switch - you're just going to have to wait and see how the swing weight turns out.

Regardless of how the swing weight might change is a very different question then how it might effect play for you.  How swing weight changes effect the results is completely individual - everyone is different.  Anything (or nothing) could happen.

Second,  with a shaft weight change you don't really want to try and keep the SW value the same, so the actual swing weight values aren't going to be much help anyways.   So just go out to the range and see how it goes, and ideally bring some lead tape to play around with if necessary.

#3 mizuno player

mizuno player

Mizuno player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119445
GolfWRX Likes : 489

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostStuart G., on 18 May 2018 - 03:27 AM, said:

Synergy is counterbalanced as well  but unfortunately that term is really meaningless (too unspecific) when it comes to trying to predict how the swing weight will change.  The balance point of a shaft can vary quite a bit (even if in the same 'counterbalanced' category).  So all those predictive rules about how the SW will change as the shaft weight changes are actually completely useless.

So unless you find someone else who's made the exact same switch - you're just going to have to wait and see how the swing weight turns out.

Regardless of how the swing weight might change is a very different question then how it might effect play for you.  How swing weight changes effect the results is completely individual - everyone is different.  Anything (or nothing) could happen.

Second,  with a shaft weight change you don't really want to try and keep the SW value the same, so the actual swing weight values aren't going to be much help anyways.   So just go out to the range and see how it goes, and ideally bring some lead tape to play around with if necessary.

Probably over thinking as I'm stuck inside with all the rain we're getting. Also didn't know the synergy black had some CB.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors