Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Golf Watch for small town courses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goosekee2

goosekee2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131450
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:goosekee1
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.

TaylorMade M3 9.5
Cobra F7 3 Wood
TayorMade M2 Hybrid 19*
Nike Vapor Speed 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM5 54*
Titleit Vokey SM5 60*
Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Smashdcrab

Smashdcrab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482642
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:49 PM

My understanding is that consumer grade GPS is only good for approx +/- 4 yards. I think if you want to be more accurate than that , you pretty much need laser rangefinder. I find the accuracy of GPS good enough for my game and I currently use Garmin S6. I like Garmin particularly for their ease of use. Some of the other brands I found to be quite clumsy in their user interface interaction. When my S6 no longer holds a charge, I plan to replace it with another Garmin. Possibly the S60, but I like the look of the Fenix 5 also.

#3 nupezb

nupezb

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469796
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

View Postgoosekee2, on 17 May 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

Am looking at upgrading to a new golf gps watch and was curious for input for the best watch nowadays for a small town course. The main thing I am looking for is the most accurate on distance. I have liked Garmin in the past but wanted some input on what other people liked.

I would recommend the Garmin S20. I see it’s going for $129. (Which probably means there is a new model coming soon).  It very accurate, huge database of course preloaded (easy to load a new course if needed), and extremely light weight. I wear my watch daily for step tracking. My playing partners will usually as me for a quick yardage check even though they have range finders. Nothing is wrong with a range finder, but it’s easier to glance at your wrist than to pull out a device.
King F8 Volition Driver Blue Camo
Cleveland 588 Fairway 3 wood

King F8 One Length Hybrid 19°
King F8 One Length Hybrid 25°
Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-GW
Titleist Vokey 52°

Titleist Vokey 55°
Titleist Vokey 60°
Cleveland Huntington Beach 4 Putter
Snell MTB

MG Tour C4

0 user(s) are reading this topic