Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best books you have read concerning Junior Golf


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CTgolf

CTgolf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124521
  • Joined: 03/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

What are they?

Anything from parenting advice, to coaching, to physical/mental training and development - doesn't have to be golf specific.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 841

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

Don't Should On Your Kids - you can read this in a day.

From Amazon:

A change has occurred - youth sports have been professionalized and there has been a perversion of potential. It has become scholarships over development, trophies over toughness, and talent over tenacity. The professionalization has created an environment of externally driven, perfectionist, and stressed competitors. Parenting athletes also requires such a vast amount of sacrifice both emotionally and financially. Are we doing it correctly? This book will help you empower your kids to build their mental toughness. In this cutting edge book, you'll develop specific strategies: • Find out how to prep them for the most important competitions. • Discover one way to help them build their own passion and desire. • How a blow-pop can help during an actual competition. • One way to ensure your child doesn't quit playing. • What we actually need to call our child. • Learn the best and worst times to actually talk about the game.

2

#3 hangontight

hangontight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
  • Joined: 08/07/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

Daddy Caddy on the bag was great for new golf parents/ young golfers.
, especially those of us in the midst if the US Kids Golf Circus.  Lots of good high level principles to keep perspective in the right place and focused on cultivating a long term approach to the game and the process.  Also gives some practical drills and games that are suitable to younger golfers.   Author is with Don Law Golf Acadmwy I believe and written on the heels of taking his own junior through the journey.  Iíve re read it annually for the last few years to reiterate some things for myself.

https://www.amazon.c...addy on the bag

Edited by hangontight, 17 May 2018 - 04:19 PM.


3

#4 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10228

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Good grief...we shouldn't need books on this.
Mizuno ST-180 10.5/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60s
Callaway BBA 816 16/PX Evenflow Blue 75s
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Srixon Z-Star

WITB

4

#5 CTgolf

CTgolf

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124521
  • Joined: 03/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostMadGolfer76, on 17 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Good grief...we shouldn't need books on this.

Some of us need all the help we can get

��


5

#6 wildcatden

wildcatden

    China Cat Sunflower

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
  • Joined: 09/14/2017
  • Location:The Bridges - 74.3/144
GolfWRX Likes : 583

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

Just finished "Don't Should on Your Kids". Good and quick read. Thanks Leezer99!!

6

#7 kekoa

kekoa

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,864 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1802

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

I think the book Paper Tiger puts things into perspective for those parents who think their kid could be the next Tiger Woods.

7

#8 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 841

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

The 8 Traits of Champion Golfers - Dr. Deborah Graham and Jon Stabler.  You can pick it up from Amazon for $5.  The hardest part will be for you to be honest in your assessment.

Amazon Link

** FYI - not a junior golf book but a good read.

Edited by leezer99, 13 August 2018 - 04:59 PM.


8

#9 Pinewood Golfer

Pinewood Golfer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471630
  • Joined: 06/17/2017
  • Location:Mississippi
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostCTgolf, on 17 May 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

What are they?

Anything from parenting advice, to coaching, to physical/mental training and development - doesn't have to be golf specific.

Castles Made of Sand, by VJ Trolio.  It's not a book filled with platitudes and regurgitated cliche's.  It's an outstanding book.  Here's a link to purchase http://castlesmadeof...astlemadeofsand and here's a link with a bit of a review  http://blogs.clarionledger.com/cycling/2013/05/08/vj-trolio-on-raising-junior-golfersmga-car-tags/

9

#10 leezer99

leezer99

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
  • Joined: 09/10/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 841

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:21 PM

View PostPinewood Golfer, on 14 August 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostCTgolf, on 17 May 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

What are they?

Anything from parenting advice, to coaching, to physical/mental training and development - doesn't have to be golf specific.

Castles Made of Sand, by VJ Trolio.  It's not a book filled with platitudes and regurgitated cliche's.  It's an outstanding book.  Here's a link to purchase http://castlesmadeof...astlemadeofsand and here's a link with a bit of a review  http://blogs.clarionledger.com/cycling/2013/05/08/vj-trolio-on-raising-junior-golfersmga-car-tags/

Wanna let me borrow it?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Pinewood Golfer

Pinewood Golfer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471630
  • Joined: 06/17/2017
  • Location:Mississippi
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postleezer99, on 14 August 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostPinewood Golfer, on 14 August 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostCTgolf, on 17 May 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

What are they?

Anything from parenting advice, to coaching, to physical/mental training and development - doesn't have to be golf specific.

Castles Made of Sand, by VJ Trolio.  It's not a book filled with platitudes and regurgitated cliche's.  It's an outstanding book.  Here's a link to purchase http://castlesmadeof...astlemadeofsand and here's a link with a bit of a review  http://blogs.clarionledger.com/cycling/2013/05/08/vj-trolio-on-raising-junior-golfersmga-car-tags/

Wanna let me borrow it?

I borrowed it when I read it

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors