Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Pings new style bag strap on the hoofer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlecRichards

AlecRichards

Alec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129726
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

In the world of stand bags there's two kinds of people. Those who love the Hoofer and those who loath it.

I'm a lover, have been for the best part of twenty years. I've flirted with other brands but always quickly end up back with my Hoofer.

I get what frustrates some people about it. The club entanglement, some just cant get past it. It's never really bothered me, beside every other bag I've ever used has had the same issue. For me the Hoofer always won out for three main reasons.

1 - Stability, that hoofer base is rock solid.
2 - Durability, you cant kill em, they last forever.
3 - Comfort, the x-strap system hands down beats any other brands harness. PERIOD.

So when Ping released the new 2018 versions of the Hoofer & HooferLite bags the first thing I noticed was the new strap system. Gone was the iconic x-strap that i loved so much. The systems that so easily enabled me to carry a perfectly balance bag using either one strap alone or both.

It had been replaced with what looked suspiciously like the harness system favored by just about every other manufacturer. "Wait don't panic" I said to myself, after all they've been doing this for a long time. Surely they wouldn't mess with something so synonymous with the Hoofer just for the sake of it. It had to be better, right?

Even with my reservations I'm still a Hoofer man so i thought "stuff it" and gave it a go.
Its been three weeks now using my new HooferLite and I'm torn. The bag looks great, it's sleeker than it's predecessor the 4Series and the new color combination (i got black on grey) looks awesome. The base is still rock solid and they don't look like they changed the material used so I'm confident it's still going to be super heavy duty.

The strap on the other hand is a disaster. Cant even call it a strap anymore, it' definitely a harness. Were the wider padded x-strap system distributed the weight evenly across your shoulders the new smaller contoured pads now dig in making the bag feel much heavier that it actually is. Good luck if you want to carry on one shoulder because the bag has zero balance that way.

I just don't get it. Why change? As i said you're either a Hoofer guy or you're not and when you are you're one for life. Except when the company makes a dumb-asses decision about changing one of the long held pillars of it's success.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Thnx for the Hoofer update... been thinking about a newer Hoofer bag as a backup and eventual replacement for my original Hoofer2, i have walked 100+ rds with the "2" since it came out. Every thing works but the right shoulder crossover strap is starting to wear.
I don't like the harness system on the newer bags. Damn... all PING bag fans need to inundate PING with petition to go back to the strap system. Otherwise iʻm disappointed as hell. Mines black with silver logo/lettering.

#3 Ghostwedge

Ghostwedge

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433482
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 235

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:05 PM

AlecRichard... your post is informitive and well-written.
Repost it in the "Equipment - Golf Bag, Cart & Headcover" section.
We need maximum eyeball's on this PING snafu, hopefully they will respond to the loyal patrons instead of the bean counters.

#4 AlecRichards

AlecRichards

Alec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129726
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

View PostGhostwedge, on 16 May 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

AlecRichard... your post is informitive and well-written.
Repost it in the "Equipment - Golf Bag, Cart & Headcover" section.
We need maximum eyeball's on this PING snafu, hopefully they will respond to the loyal patrons instead of the bean counters.
thk, will do.

#5 haakzilla

haakzilla

Haakzilla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473414
  • Handicap:7.2
  • Ebay ID:khaak
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

...but more importantly, when will Ping stand bags start adding "footpads" to the legs?! They've been sinking in the wet clay sod in the Northwest ever since version 1.0 :cry:

DRIVER: Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tensei CK Pro Orange 70tx
WOOD: Titleist 910Fd 15Diamana D+ LTD 80x
UTILITY: TM P790 UDI 18 KBS Tour-V 120x
IRONS: Srixon z945 4-PW DG TI x100
WEDGES: Edel DVR 50/54/58 DG TI s400
PUTTER: Bettinardi Queen B QB5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors