Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Japanese Grips

32 replies to this topic

#31 z18

z18

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128856
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:03 AM

View PostDeNinny, on 16 May 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

I've played Iomic Stickies and NO1 Pros and they were great in terms of traction and no slippage.  But my issue with both was the very quick wear.  Both are silicone based elastomers which makes them wear and feel a little different than rubber grips.  To me they grip better but wear out faster than rubber.  Not worth it to me but neither is rubber.  I much prefer GripMaster leather grips.
Particularly if you don't play with a glove, IMHO I don't think there is a better grip than one made of leather. I haven't had mine long enough to vouch for their longevity, but supposedly they last much longer than rubber.

Driver - Cobra Fly Z with Oban red
3 Wood - Adams 16*
3 Hybrid - Calloway X2 Hot Pro 19*
4 Iron - Hogan Ft Worth Hi - KBS Tour 90 - R Flex
Irons - 5-PW - Miura 1957 BB - Nippon Pro 1050GH - R Flex
Wedge 51* - Hogan TK - KBS Tour 90 - R Flex
Wedges 55* & 59* - Miura 1957 C Grind - KBS Wedge - S Flex
Putter - DeLaCruz CP-2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 DeNinny

DeNinny

Major Wiener

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21391
GolfWRX Likes : 18710

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

View Postz18, on 30 August 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

View PostDeNinny, on 16 May 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

I've played Iomic Stickies and NO1 Pros and they were great in terms of traction and no slippage.  But my issue with both was the very quick wear.  Both are silicone based elastomers which makes them wear and feel a little different than rubber grips.  To me they grip better but wear out faster than rubber.  Not worth it to me but neither is rubber.  I much prefer GripMaster leather grips.
Particularly if you don't play with a glove, IMHO I don't think there is a better grip than one made of leather. I haven't had mine long enough to vouch for their longevity, but supposedly they last much longer than rubber.

I can vouch for the longevity of leather.  After six years with GripMasters on my Mizunos they are still as good as brand new.  Also my new Miura set has had some for two full seasons and again they play like newly installed.

And rubber or any polymer is fated to decay as soon as UV light from the sun hits it. This, couple with the mechanical abrasion of your hands rubbing against the grip will cause them to wear faster.  There is no way around this.  Polymers are much more susceptible to UV light decay over leather.
TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

#33 wattage

wattage

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107630
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:26 PM

I have the Tour G 50s on a few clubs and really like them. Tackier and slightly thicker than GP Tour Velvet (I find GP TV too slick feeling). They are pricey but quite durable so far (almost 2 yrs)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors