Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bushnell V4 inconsistencies

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CDG1029

CDG1029

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 314217
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

First round today using a laser rangefinder. Really loved having it for pin distances, the pin seeker was fantastic and was giving me the same distances (within a yard) to the pin most holes. I had one hole where every time I would shoot the pin I would get a different distance and there was a 49 yard difference between the longest and shortest. I shot it probably 10 times and it was a 5 yard difference each time. After enough of those I was able to get pretty comfortable on what it might be, but it was very confusing.

I was shooting the pin and slowly panning in order to get the pin seeker feature to kick in. This method worked perfectly on every other hole. On this particular hole I had trouble with there was no obstruction in front of the green like a raised bunker or anything. No idea why it kept giving me different distances.

You guys have any idea what I could have been doing wrong?

2017 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Cobra F7 3W  13*
Titleist 915 H 18*
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-9
Vokey SM6 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Circa '62 No. 3 putter
Bridgestone B Tour RX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 648

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:03 AM

Try aiming at the flag itself instead of the pole or any reflectors. Also try moving 10 or 15 yards left or right of where youíre standing. Sometimes the contrast isnít right or youíre looking towards the sun at a bad angle. When all else fails try changing the battery. An erratic battery can cause many issues. I have a V4 and it has always worked great. Good luck.

Edited by cristphoto, 17 May 2018 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors