Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Any hidden gems in North Central Indiana?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 exgolfpro

exgolfpro

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45140
  • Ebay ID:exgolfpro
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:38 PM

My daughter got accepted into a Doctorate program for OT in Marion, Indiana (about an hour north of Indianapolis).  It is about halfway between Indy and Fort Wayne.  So, I plan on going and visiting from time to time.  I know of several solid courses around Indy (I've played Brickyard, Trophy Club, Prairie View and The Fort), but was wondering if there are some pretty decent courses a little further north?  Not really gonna have a chance to venture more than an hour or so away from there but was just wondering.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 mckennwa

mckennwa

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38587
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:bill-rhit
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

Rock Hollow in Peru Indiana.

#3 DrOldSchool

DrOldSchool

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381708
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

2nd vote for Rock Hollow.

Meshingomesia in Marion is worth a go while you're there, and has rather low rates. It's a former private track that went public a couple years ago, very classic tight design.  

Not north of Marion, but other choices: Wildcat Creek in Kokomo is solid as well.  Muncie has Players Club, which I'm not a big fan of, but it's the best of the public courses around there. Killbuck is an interesting course north of Anderson - used to be owned by GM for the workers.

Bear Slide and Purgatory are both roughly an hour away from Marion as well, and they are among the best in the Indy area in my opinion.

#4 ROOK16

ROOK16

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198606
  • Handicap:~12
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Walnut Creek & Club Run are just southeast of Marion.  36 holes and the greens are always in great shape.

#5 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

I would second walnut creek and club run. both courses are a lot of fun and offer a variety for the two courses. Both sit in the woods, but walnut creek is a little more open and plays much longer. Club run is a shotmakers course that is very tight and short. It requires lots of hybrids or long irons off the tee to precise locations to have good angles at the greens. Club run is very tight and short. Both courses can be scored upon in different ways. I like walnut creek better, but it is only by a small margin. I would highly recommend giving both a go if you are in the area.

Cobra F7+ 10.5 diamana whiteboard 63s
Cobra F6 Baffler 16 Matrix Code 8
Cobra F7 3/4 hybrid 20.5 diamana D+ 90s
Bridgestone j38 DPC 4-P s300
Cleveland Rtx-3 52 tour raw, Rtx 2.0 58 Black satin
Ping redwood anser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors