Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Spectators at USGA qualifying


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tightmf

tightmf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198066
  • Joined: 08/14/2012
  • Location:Northern Cal.
  • Ebay ID:tightmf
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Hi, does anyone know if the USGA and/or hosting clubs allow spectators at sectional qualifying for the US Open.  Would love to get a chance to check out Olympic Club this June.

Thanks

AB TP 9.5* / Diamana Blue 72 s
AB TP 3HL / Kurokage Silver s
V-Steel 7w / Some Fujikura shaft
MP18 MMC 4 iron / PX 6.0
MP18 MB 5-PW / PX 6.0
S18 (50*, 54*) / DG wedge
Ping Eye 2 XG (60*) / DG wedge
Ping Pal 5KS (bought new at Sportmart 25 years ago)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Major Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

Yes they allow

2

#3 BrianMcG

BrianMcG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71565
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 2064

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Not only that, but your allowed to break all your clubs and finish with just your 7-iron.
Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

3

#4 15th Club

15th Club

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248249
  • Joined: 04/30/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:cdbplc
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

Yes!  It's great!  I go every year, to the Columbus qualifier!  Tremendous fun.  "Golf's longest day!"  No ticket costs, no parking fees, no gallery ropes.

4

#5 tightmf

tightmf

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198066
  • Joined: 08/14/2012
  • Location:Northern Cal.
  • Ebay ID:tightmf
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Sick!  Thanks everybody.  Maybe I'll see you there.

AB TP 9.5* / Diamana Blue 72 s
AB TP 3HL / Kurokage Silver s
V-Steel 7w / Some Fujikura shaft
MP18 MMC 4 iron / PX 6.0
MP18 MB 5-PW / PX 6.0
S18 (50*, 54*) / DG wedge
Ping Eye 2 XG (60*) / DG wedge
Ping Pal 5KS (bought new at Sportmart 25 years ago)

5

#6 jrgolfer37

jrgolfer37

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77851
  • Joined: 03/19/2009
  • Location:Metro Detroit
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 214

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

View Post15th Club, on 16 May 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yes!  It's great!  I go every year, to the Columbus qualifier!  Tremendous fun.  "Golf's longest day!"  No ticket costs, no parking fees, no gallery ropes.

That one is basically a tour event, tons of good players always end up at that site.
Just trying to learn how to putt.

6

#7 15th Club

15th Club

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248249
  • Joined: 04/30/2013
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:cdbplc
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

View Postjrgolfer37, on 16 May 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

View Post15th Club, on 16 May 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yes!  It's great!  I go every year, to the Columbus qualifier!  Tremendous fun.  "Golf's longest day!"  No ticket costs, no parking fees, no gallery ropes.

That one is basically a tour event, tons of good players always end up at that site.

And a double field, using two courses.

7

#8 Darth Putter

Darth Putter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466932
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Central Illinois
  • Handicap:10.8
GolfWRX Likes : 3959

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:11 PM

I wonder how long it will be before the USGA starts showing qualifying on tv. I could see the main Fox set with the PGA Pros in Columbus to watch them play the last two hours and then have reporters at other sites. Then have a recap show at night after the west coast finishes. I would think it would garner higher ratings than the Senior Amateur or the like.

On the other hand, it will probably start prompting them to charge to attend.
swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings

8

#9 Jordan Speeth

Jordan Speeth

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401370
  • Joined: 10/31/2015
  • Location:599 Skyline Blvd
GolfWRX Likes : 909

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

Olympic will be a great spot to watch.  At the same time, qualifying will be taking place a few miles down the road at Lake Merced.  Each player plays 36 holes, 18 at Olympic, and 18 at Merced.  The afternoon waves at both sites experience some cold foggy windy finishes that time of year. Both are great venues.  Have fun!
Taylormade '16 M2 Driver 9.5*- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S
Ping i500 5-UW Power Spec- DG 105 S300
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*-10 -KBS Tour Custom S
Cleveland RTX4 58*(bent to 57*) Lo Bounce- 5*- DG Tour Issue Onyx S400
Odyssey Versa #7 White Hot 38"- Super Stroke Odyssey 2.0 Mid-Slim Tank 13.75"- Counterbalanced
Golf Pride MCC Grips (+1 wrap)
Bridgestone Tour B330
MG Elite Glove
'18 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag

9

#10 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostBrianMcG, on 16 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Not only that, but your allowed to break all your clubs and finish with just your 7-iron.

Nope, that's only in effect for local qualifiers.

However, as a consolation you are allowed to carry your own bag in the event your husky bag-toter is unable to finish the round at the sectional level.

Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 508

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:29 AM

View Postsmeech8000, on 18 May 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostBrianMcG, on 16 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Not only that, but your allowed to break all your clubs and finish with just your 7-iron.

Nope, that's only in effect for local qualifiers.

However, as a consolation you are allowed to carry your own bag in the event your husky bag-toter is unable to finish the round at the sectional level.

Cheech made that movie.

Edited by BB28403, 22 May 2018 - 02:30 AM.


11

#12 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:44 AM

View PostJordan Speeth, on 16 May 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Olympic will be a great spot to watch.  At the same time, qualifying will be taking place a few miles down the road at Lake Merced.  Each player plays 36 holes, 18 at Olympic, and 18 at Merced.  The afternoon waves at both sites experience some cold foggy windy finishes that time of year. Both are great venues.  Have fun!

May head down to watch this one. Depends on the field :)

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors