Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Openwater 22's sick new irons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Openwater22

Openwater22

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,808 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78259
GolfWRX Likes : 599

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

1st WITB photo post, and not the best staging a shoot, sorry. Not going to talk much about the heads, lot's of threads with everything one could want to know about 503's.

The shafts are the story here. The most visually stunning shaft I have ever seen, simply beautiful. The down facing side is braided graphite, the upward facing side is a brushed sati steel look. Hope my pics do them justice. Performance wise, my comparison baseline is Epic Pro w/ Recoil 110 S
and J15 CB w/ Fujikura MCI 100 S. I only have 18 holes with these, so these are initial impressions. Will update if there is any interest.

The Mitsu OTi's have the feel of MCI, with the performance of Recoil. To me, OTi and MCI feel a little softer in the handle than Recoil certainly not loose though. Also feel a little kick at the bottom with OTi I did not feel with MCI or Recoil. This "kick" concerned me at first, but dispersion was as tight as Epic/recoil. Again, only 18 holes, so not a lot of evidence yet. Distance wise, same as Epic/Recoil and about a half club longer than J15/MCI.

One point about the 503 head. Turf interaction is way better for me than either Epic or J15. My pattern is to get steep on a lousy swing.

w5jTjkH4RRa3wZT1EmFwAQ.jpg
jDyygrpwT7Sz%D2G9Ult5w.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1e3.jpeg
hxRfU1LKRKeYn2RMXDP4kw.jpg
fullsizeoutput_1e4.jpeg
p8kbKbGzRmuPuDHBhTpI9g.jpg
NLfU2NjxQmeWSsYEq03E4g.jpg

G400 Max. GD IZ 6 S
Rogue SZ Fuji Atmos 7S Blue
PXG 19* 22* hybrid with Fuji Pro 73h
Epic Pro 5 thru PW with Recoil 110 S
Newport 3 @ 33"
PXG 50* 54* 58*
Epon 503 MRC OTi 110 stiff on order

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 23under

23under

KING

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140825
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:40 AM

Sounds like you're really into your shafts :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors