Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Caddytek CaddyView V2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 d.m.gannon

d.m.gannon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374129
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Hi

Does anyone have experience of this rangefinder? Looking to get one and this one is on sale and  can get it for a good price compared to other cheaper range finders.

Hard to find too much information about this one though, don't really want to buy it if there isn't too much good things about it.

Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 MSchad

MSchad

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93174
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

Can't speak for that one, but highly recommend www.precisionprogolf.com
You can search this forum and find several posts and nothing but praise for this range finder and the company service.

Edited by MSchad, 16 May 2018 - 12:37 PM.

Taylormade M2
Nike Sumo 3w, 5w
Nike CPR 26*
Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58
Scotty Futura X7M DB
Precision Pro NX7 Pro
Arccos Game Tracker

#3 d.m.gannon

d.m.gannon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374129
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Yea, went with that one n the end. The other was in the sale but I could not find too much out about it.

#4 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
GolfWRX Likes : 532

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

Read. save your money, my 12 year old Bushnell Medalist is more reliable. Not as fast as the Caddytek but hell, at least it locks & hits the BASIC target - the flag. Just my 2c

UPDATE: ebay had a PRIMOSALE and I picked up a demo Bushnell Pro X2 for $340. Used that on the course and it did not MISS anything. Yeah, in the end it was double+ the money (the caddytek cost me $140 with tax) but it was SOOOOO worth it. By the way, I wanted the Caddytek to work as I too see the nice price savings but when the 1ST time I pull it out and it could not find a basic BLUE flag about 150 yards out, I was in trouble or I had a bad unit. Through that whole round I aimed at the flag stick instead and I got "A" number but I always had to double check with the yardage markers on the couse...not good.

In the end, for me, I got what I paid for, pos. Super happy with my X2 now.

Edited by SwingBlues, 16 July 2018 - 01:27 AM.

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, Grip Master "Masters" Kangaroo grip
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

#5 AzSuperHack76

AzSuperHack76

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,086 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214249
GolfWRX Likes : 484

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

Used it for the first time today. Zero issues and it worked great. Heck of a range finder for the price. I had a bushnell v2 that crapped out on me recently, this worked just as well but for a lot less money.

Zero issues with locking on flags. Quick readings. You can adjust the focus on the lens if it isn't clear, had to do that right out of the package but was good to go after.

#6 HighCut

HighCut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240183
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

The Caddyview V2 rangefinder is amazing for the price.  Easy to use, well built, locks on fast...   At the price point, there is no reason to look elsewhere. Only thing it doesn't have is Jolt, but that's not worth an extra $200 in my opinion.  The pinseeker function does lock on fast even with my unsteady hands(cant for the life of me use a leupold!).

Do yourself a favor and buy one from Costco.  Best price out there and with the return policy, you have nothing to lose!

#7 HighCut

HighCut

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240183
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 09 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Read. save your money, my 12 year old Bushnell Medalist is more reliable. Not as fast as the Caddytek but hell, at least it locks & hits the BASIC target - the flag. Just my 2c

UPDATE: ebay had a PRIMOSALE and I picked up a demo Bushnell Pro X2 for $340. Used that on the course and it did not MISS anything. Yeah, in the end it was double+ the money (the caddytek cost me $140 with tax) but it was SOOOOO worth it. By the way, I wanted the Caddytek to work as I too see the nice price savings but when the 1ST time I pull it out and it could not find a basic BLUE flag about 150 yards out, I was in trouble or I had a bad unit. Through that whole round I aimed at the flag stick instead and I got "A" number but I always had to double check with the yardage markers on the couse...not good.

Did you have the pinseeker mode on?  I have had no issues with any misreads with mine...

#8 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostHighCut, on 06 September 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

View PostSwingBlues, on 09 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Did you have the pinseeker mode on?  I have had no issues with any misreads with mine...

I can't recall if I did or not since this was so short lived. But I cannot express how thoroughly disappointed I was on the first hole and totally unable to get a reading at about 100 yards and then it happened again and again through the round. My 10+ year old Bushnell Medalist was more reliable.

I am glad it's working out for you and I really wanted the Caddytek to work out since it was WAY cheaper than my X2. May be I just got a bad unit, it doesn't matter - I am done with it and the X2 just totally rocks in every single round I have used it and super accurate uphill/downhill with its slope feature.
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9*, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, Grip Master "Masters" Kangaroo grip

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips

#9 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,409 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
GolfWRX Likes : 2831

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

I like mine.  No issues, hard to beat for the price.  Has slope too.
TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
Titleist 818 H1
Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
Directed Force
Snell

#10 mktrout

mktrout

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504226
  • Handicap:7.0
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

i have the slope model and have no complaints. Works great, great value, exact same distances as my old one without slope, my buddy's callaway one and other biddies bushnell one.

Taylor Made M3 9.5 W/ Alidila Phenom Rip
Taylor Made M4 3HL
Srixon F45 20* Hybrid
Srixon 585 w/ Pro Modus 120
Cleveland CBX 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Futura 7M

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 DrJet

DrJet

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103302
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

I played one round with caddyview v2 I ordered from Costco. I have used Bushnell 1500 with pinseeker for about 10 years and it finally broke down. In sum, my impression is similar to Swingblues and I am going to return it to Costco tomorrow. I had somewhat high expectation since it has a slope feature. Two things that made me decide to return the unit: (1) it cannot reliably read a 195 yard par 3 pin, maybe stabilization issue.  It kept reporting between 175 and 195 when I tried to read it. (2) I had my second shot from 200 yard with 20 degree or so upslope and this unit reported that I have about 175 yards left. Maybe it's my misunderstanding but I used to add 10 yards to my Bushnell 1500 yard to compensate the upslope but this unit is subtracting 15 yards?
Just my two cents.

Edited by DrJet, 18 October 2018 - 07:43 PM.

My bag:

Titleist 913D3 w/ Tour AD BB S,Fourteen CT, Honma, or Yamaha Inpress (Too many drivers, please stop me)
Titleist 909 15 or Xxio
Miura 202 3-p NS pro S Pured
Fourteen RM 12, 52 and 58
Scotty Cameron 2.6

#12 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostDrJet, on 18 October 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

I played one round with caddyview v2 I ordered from Costco. I have used Bushnell 1500 with pinseeker for about 10 years and it finally broke down. In sum, my impression is similar to Swingblues and I am going to return it to Costco tomorrow. I had somewhat high expectation since it has a slope feature. Two things that made me decide to return the unit: (1) it cannot reliably read a 195 yard par 3 pin, maybe stabilization issue.  It kept reporting between 175 and 195 when I tried to read it. (2) I had my second shot from 200 yard with 20 degree or so upslope and this unit reported that I have about 175 yards left. Maybe it's my misunderstanding but I used to add 10 yards to my Bushnell 1500 yard to compensate the upslope but this unit is subtracting 15 yards?
Just my two cents.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out but I seriously think that, while this is a great unit for the price point, it really needs some refinements in order to compete with the bigger boys.

I returned my Caddy and picked up the X2 and I have had ZERO issues with my X2. It does not miss even a single beat. Go invest in that instead, its small, fast, and reliable. The slope calculation on that is spot-on. I like the fact that is also gives you the straight line and slope calculations and let you decide. And also change the readings between red and black led.

I think you are right, you add a club going up hill and drop a club going down slope, thats my "rule of thumb". Now with X2, no more figuring it out... :)

Edited by SwingBlues, 19 October 2018 - 10:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors