Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

swing analyzer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Niggo

Niggo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422024
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

i saw the garmin truswing at the range the other day, and it was pretty solid. got me thinking to pick one up, then i started looking into other manufacturers.

what have you guys been using, and what do you like/dislike about them. just want something to show my swing path, and give me basic stats on my swings.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
GolfWRX Likes : 3606

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

I use Swingbyte
Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 17* 5W (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

#3 Celeras

Celeras

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 496920
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

Zepp!

It's biggest limitation is that the "plane" readings are in relation to the backswing. So you can make the most absurd, ridiculous backswing and as long as you bring the club back at that same trajectory it will read as 0 degrees on plane.

I've seen people think they're fixing "over the top" when in actuality they're just adjusting their backswing to match without making much difference in the downswing.
Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 10.5* PX Even Flow Black 75 6.0
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* PX Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
Ping G400 Hybrid 19* Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping G400 5-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff, Green Dot
Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB Wedge Set 56/60*
Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #7
Callaway Fusion 14

#4 Golfsmitty

Golfsmitty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 505678
  • Handicap:25
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

I just started using Truswing today. and I am liking it very much. I had a Garmin watch already so that biased my final decision after waffling between this and Zepp 2 for 4 months. I am newish to golf, at least from a seriousness perspective and I am looking for things that can improve my game now, and I mean NOW. I would mention that I am taking lessons at the same time also, but I only use this when I am at the range by myself. It was nice that I could see the data at the range, then make an adjustment and see how it affected my swing and contact.  I thought my plane was too upright, but after using this it confirmed that was not the case. It was one of those things that once you get it in your head that you are doing this or that incorrectly and try to adjust it during play, it can seriously demolish your game, so that was nice. It didn't bother me to have to switch between clubs as I usually hit a decent group of shots with the same club, then take a mini break and take a swig of water at the range anyway.

It does seem to not react well to dramatic changes in setup, like if your clubface is open or closed at impact and you drastically open or close it with grip to counter it and swing it can still sometimes show it as the same. I also noticed that the device did shift (spin) on some clubs over time. It may have been that I did not tighten it enough or maybe that I hit some shots fat which I tend to do, but a quick realignment and everything was back to normal. Some have argued that because there is no calibration to the club (making sure it is aligned exactly with the face) that the measurements would be off, and I would concur with that. But if you require that type of accuracy then I would pay for a trackman session with a pro and I'm sure that will give you all kinds of accurate data. I believe this is what the GOLFTEC session for $95 will get you, which I also plan on doing once I get more consistent with my swings. I just felt that one session with a crappy swing could send me down a rabbit hole chasing all kinds of metrics that I have no real time data to see if I am "straying from the path" or not.This device works well for what I intended it to, which is to teach me how to make adjustments to my golf MECHANICS and see the impact to my golf METRICS instantly so that I can get to a decent, CONSISTENT swing. I like that I can see how my inputs can "shape" shots as well, which I think is a much overlooked key factor in improving your golf game on the course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors