Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone else feel like moving the Players Championship to March is a poor decision

March Players

97 replies to this topic

#61 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

Wizard in the Corner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2481

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:18 PM

If you have ever been to the Players, you love the move. It is so hot. And I could argue that it will be much harder in March, when the winds are really swirling.

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 49341

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

March = more balls in the water.........bring it on.

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

I like that lineup and spacing. What's not to like?

#63 Wooderson

Wooderson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5371
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 929

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostConrad1953, on 15 May 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

100% agree.  It just makes sense.  These moves are about one thing and one thing only.  Avoiding competing with the NFL for viewers.  They are also having to be careful to not compete with NCAA basketball.  As a Southerner I think it gets me pumped to know there will be an important tournament about the time I am getting amped up to play.  Golf fever hits me end of february, beginning of March.  Look forward to it.
Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 Max 9° Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G30 14.5° TFC 419F Stiff
Callaway GBB 18° Diamana Ka'li Stiff

Titleist 818 H1 21° Rogue Black Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 25° Tensei Pro White Stiff
Ping G400 6/7 Ping i200 8-PW Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth GW/ES SW
Ping Eye2 LW
Cameron Mil Spec Newport

#64 Psyber

Psyber

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378876
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostgatorMD, on 15 May 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

View Postlawst4days, on 15 May 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostJaNelson38, on 15 May 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

View Postlawst4days, on 15 May 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

This might not be a popular opinion, I am not sure.

I cannot speak to moving the majors around in order to make room for the Olympics. I don't honestly think the Olympics will overtake the majors in "importance" anyway just from a purely fiscal perspective.

Scheduling of other tournaments aside, moving the Players to March, I believe, is a terrible idea for the tournament.

The tour players keep saying "The course wasn't made to be played in May, it plays too fast and hard.

I believe what makes a tournament memorable from a fans perspective, is how hard it plays. It is fun television to watch the best players in golf struggle.  I don't personally remember the last tournament a player broke a scoring record.  I do however remember, Ernie Ells horrible putting at last year's Masters, Kevin Na's Instagram post at Erin Hills about the crazy rough, all of Phill's crazy scramble shots.

It is fun to watch a Ferrari race another Ferrari. Or a tour player go up against a course that matches their amazing skill with treatury.

The Players now has the second largest purse on the schedule now, so I understand why tour players get upset when it plays difficult. But if you want the big money you have to be the best on the most difficult course when the conditions are difficult.

For this reason,I beleive moving the Players to March, when the course will be dramatically easier due to over seeding, is the worst possible idea for the tournament.

The Players was played in March from its inception to 2007.  The main reason it was moved was because the PGA Tour was getting tired of weak fields in many events from the Masters until the US Open in June.  Now with the PGA Championship moving to May, it allows the Players to go back to March where it belongs.

March is basically smack dab in the middle of peak season of golf in Florida....as evidenced by the Florida Swing on the PGA Tour each year.  To think the course will be easier because of "over seeding" is ridiculous.  TPC Sawgrass is like a lot of Florida courses - its dependent on the wind for its defense, because there is very little elevation changes.  The only reason the scoring was so good this year is because the wind laid down literally all weekend.  Typically, the winning score at The Players is somewhere between -12 and -15.  The cut last year was +2.

I honestly believe that over seeding 100% will make to tpc sawgrass easier. And would be willing to listen to why you would think otherwise.

The greens are what gives this course it's teeth. And what introduces the risk/ reward relationship of tee shot to approach. You don't have to go long, but you definitely have to miss in the right area. You make it easier to hold greens and you take the teeth away. Which is what you get with overseeded greens.

It will hands down make the course easier. If you look at the difference between the majors and the other tournaments, it is primarily the difficulty of the greens and the rough. You just cannot rely on wind in the US.  I say we keep it in May, make the rough more penal, make the greens ridiculous and watch some players 5 putt. Sorry players, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If it was easy, everyone would be making 1.9 mil a tourney.

the wind makes Florida courses hard, period.
Wind and water...water everywhere.
Driver - Cobra F7+ w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70
3 Wood - Nike Covert 2.0
Hybrid - Cobra F7 20.5° w/ Aldila ATX Tour Blue 85
Irons - W-4 Titleist 714 AP2 w/ SteelFiber i95
Wedges - Vokey SM5 54° and 58° S Grinds
Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5R

#65 johnnypro

johnnypro

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2246
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 522

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

View Postgrm24, on 15 May 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postjohnnypro, on 15 May 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

It won't be irrelevant but IMO having the last major of the year played in the middle of July isn't great.
It used to be like that. For many years the PGA as the final major was played in July. Sometimes one week after the Open Championship and sometimes two weeks after. The game survived and didn't suffer.

In 1953, Hogan couldn't even attempt the grand slam because the PGA conflicted with the Open Championship. So....I guess July dates for the PGA weren't so great.
Playing the PGA in May brings dicey weather conditions into play any year the tournament will be played in the Northeast and Midwest. Not a fan of that.

It's all being done so the inane FedEx Cup "playoffs" won't conflict with the NFL.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#66 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
GolfWRX Likes : 543

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

As long as moving TPC to March doesnt effect the API, I'm fine with it.
Long Live Nike

#67 RichieHunt

RichieHunt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,290 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209355
GolfWRX Likes : 2673

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

I love it.  Also remember that part of the change is moving the PGA Championship to May.

Having been to The PLAYERS several times, it's not a fun course to walk and usually it gets really hot in May.  And the showers are likely to come in May as well in Florida.  March makes for a better fan experience and more likely an uninterupted event due to better weather.  It also will likely mean a stronger field at Bay Hill as I'm guessing Bay Hill will be played the week before Sawgrass.

The move of the PGA Championship to May should mean a wider variety of course venues.  They have played the PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club before, but that is risking dangerously hot conditions in August.  Now in May they can play a wider variety of courses with the weather like to be better cooperating.

And now the Tour has something big going on each month with The PLAYERS in March, Augusta in April, PGA in May, US Open in June, British Open in July and the FedEX playoffs in August.  Even if there were no Olympics...I think this is a great move.

RH

#68 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450210
GolfWRX Likes : 1147

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 16 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Well, somebody's going to get crushed.  As it stands now, they're going to have WGC-Mexico, Honda, API and TPC all in a row.  Then Valspar and the WGC Match Play in Austin.  I'm guessing Honda and Valspar are going to suffer.

Edited by MountainGoat, 16 May 2018 - 08:56 AM.

#69 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:bearjere21
GolfWRX Likes : 1705

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

most likely valspar is going to get suckered punch even though it's the best course during the florida swing. =(
thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT

#70 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2534

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

September - Ryder Cup/Presidents Cup

Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 816h 21*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 grm24

grm24

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
GolfWRX Likes : 2043

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

View Postjohnnypro, on 16 May 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 15 May 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

View Postjohnnypro, on 15 May 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

It won't be irrelevant but IMO having the last major of the year played in the middle of July isn't great.
It used to be like that. For many years the PGA as the final major was played in July. Sometimes one week after the Open Championship and sometimes two weeks after. The game survived and didn't suffer.

In 1953, Hogan couldn't even attempt the grand slam because the PGA conflicted with the Open Championship. So....I guess July dates for the PGA weren't so great.
Playing the PGA in May brings dicey weather conditions into play any year the tournament will be played in the Northeast and Midwest. Not a fan of that.

It's all being done so the inane FedEx Cup "playoffs" won't conflict with the NFL.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
And that conflict doesn't exist now. Totally different circumstances 65 years ago compared to now. The Open championship in 1953 was an afterthought to most golfers from the USA due to a tiny purse and extreme travel costs. It wasn't worth the time and effort to play it.

#72 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostMountainGoat, on 16 May 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

View Postthird-times-a-charm, on 16 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Well, somebody's going to get crushed.  As it stands now, they're going to have WGC-Mexico, Honda, API and TPC all in a row.  Then Valspar and the WGC Match Play in Austin.  I'm guessing Honda and Valspar are going to suffer.

The API can be moved up or down, and it's a signature event in Orlando and a big money event for the players so I'm not worried too much. The only big issue is players skipping it due to other stops for some needed downtime - which happens anyway.

A big positive is having so many events in the area an dont having the players flying around only to make it back to Florida.

IMO the API is a bigger event than the Honda or the Valspar

We'll see.

Edited by third-times-a-charm, 16 May 2018 - 10:20 AM.

Long Live Nike

#73 c7015

c7015

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234573
GolfWRX Likes : 602

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

I had this thought that because of the scheduling dilemma (made worse by RC PC Olympics, combined with the is "the players the 5th major", combined with the "PGA Championship is boring" ....what they should do is combine the players and the PGA Champ make its home TPC so it has the same course thing the masters has going on ... problem solved Players is a Major ... Pga Cham is now the deepest field in golf, schedule less burdened.

*sorry tour pros (maybe an unpopular opinion but I don't need a tourney for you)
915 D3 Rip Phenom 70g (S Flex)
913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
712 U 4 Iron | 714 AP2 5 Iron
714cb  6-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
SC Newport 2.5

#74 BNGL

BNGL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
GolfWRX Likes : 891

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

As far as scheduling goes, I'd bet the Valspar and API lose out. Valspar isn't as mainstream an event, and a lot of players don't care for Bay Hill and Mr. Palmer isn't there anymore. A lot of these guys now live in the Jupiter Palm Beach Gardens area and won't skip a home event or a WGC or the Players Championship.

Is it possible they'll play each and every event absolutely, and they are kinda close together so travel ain't too bad.

One impetus for increasing FedEx points and three year exemptions for a win at the API was because the tour knew that players really only went for Arnold. Obviously I don't think the PGA Tour will say that, but if you get them one on one they'll tell you that.

#75 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostBNGL, on 16 May 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

As far as scheduling goes, I'd bet the Valspar and API lose out. Valspar isn't as mainstream an event, and a lot of players don't care for Bay Hill and Mr. Palmer isn't there anymore. A lot of these guys now live in the Jupiter Palm Beach Gardens area and won't skip a home event or a WGC or the Players Championship.

Is it possible they'll play each and every event absolutely, and they are kinda close together so travel ain't too bad.

One impetus for increasing FedEx points and three year exemptions for a win at the API was because the tour knew that players really only went for Arnold. Obviously I don't think the PGA Tour will say that, but if you get them one on one they'll tell you that.

Well, we agree that the Valspar will lose out.

Plenty of players live in the Orlando area at Islesworth and Lake Nona, too, so that argument works for Central Florida as well.

I'll agree that the money and exemptions make the API attractive rather than the course itself since each attendee will have played it a dozen times already, but even with that said it's still a stronger event than the Honda/Valspar.

Bubba is the only one who really complains about Bay Hill, yet he comes back every year plus the fact the API has been going on since 1979, I think - it's not going anywhere even with some years of having a weak field.

Edited by third-times-a-charm, 16 May 2018 - 01:14 PM.

Long Live Nike

#76 BNGL

BNGL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472816
GolfWRX Likes : 891

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

We will just agree to disagree I think. I said what I know, talking to players I know, senior staff at Bay Hill that I have worked with or for in my time, tour officials I worked with, even the Saunders family at lunch during tournament week.

#77 doublehans

doublehans

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 312587
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

View PostRichieHunt, on 16 May 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

The move of the PGA Championship to May should mean a wider variety of course venues.  They have played the PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club before, but that is risking dangerously hot conditions in August.  Now in May they can play a wider variety of courses with the weather like to be better cooperating.

This is the biggest benefit imo. For the players itself, it seems fine in either may/march. In march, it felt like there was more buzz as the biggest event before the majors rather than being sandwiched between majors, but in May the weather has been more predictable. Either is fine for different reasons. The PGA is the big beneficiary. Theres a whole half of the country they can go to now that was too hot before. A major in FL or TX, etc is now possible (tho its unfortunate pga is booked so far out already so wont happen for a while). Yes, it takes out some northern or midwest venues, but the us open can go to those places. This potentially allows the pga to really set itself apart from the US Open even more just by the courses that can be chosen.

Big loser is the tour championship tho. While its great for the playoffs to get out of the nfl shadow, atlanta in august is no good. When the tour championship was in oct/nov, it was perfect for atlanta. move to late sept was fine. but august is really pushing the heat too much. And while of course it could be moved in theory, with Coke in atlanta thats a big sponsor to replace (and east lake has always been a good story). So hard to imagine its practical sponsor wise to move the tour championship elsewhere. But man, thats prime hotlanta.

Edited by doublehans, 16 May 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#78 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostSilverBullets, on 16 May 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

I was going to add that but I think the next President's cup is going to be played in December due to
it being in Australia.

#79 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Wasn't the Tour supposed to have finalized and published the 2019 schedule by now?

#80 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2534

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

View PostConrad1953, on 16 May 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 16 May 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

I was going to add that but I think the next President's cup is going to be played in December due to
it being in Australia.

Yeah I didn't realize that at first.. the presidents cup will depend on where its being held.  I know when it's the US, its seems to be in that late September to mid October time frame.

Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 816h 21*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

View PostMountainGoat, on 16 May 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

Wasn't the Tour supposed to have finalized and published the 2019 schedule by now?

Yes, but a few tournaments are still up in the air and I think they're waiting to get those finalized before they
announce the final schedule. Hopefully soon.

#82 PGArox

PGArox

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89725
GolfWRX Likes : 5883

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

I think moving The PLAYERS back to March is a great decision.  The championship used to have a unique feel when it was the first big tournament of the year.  It was like a dress rehearsal for the Masters.  It lost its mojo in May.

The truly bad decision is moving the PGA Championship to May.  We will all come to see what a disaster that decision will turn out to be.

#83 johnnypro

johnnypro

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2246
  • Handicap:14.5
GolfWRX Likes : 522

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

View PostPGArox, on 16 May 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I think moving The PLAYERS back to March is a great decision.  The championship used to have a unique feel when it was the first big tournament of the year.  It was like a dress rehearsal for the Masters.  It lost its mojo in May.

The truly bad decision is moving the PGA Championship to May.  We will all come to see what a disaster that decision will turn out to be.

Right on!

#84 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:08 AM

Why is moving the PGA Championship to May such a bad idea?  I don't understand the argument.

#85 puttingmatt

puttingmatt

puttingmatt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50753
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:puttingmatt
GolfWRX Likes : 986

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

Don't get the complaints

March-Players
April-Master's
May- PGA Championship
June- US Open
July- Open
August- Playoffs

Agreed, makes for a better  schedule

Callaway XR 16 Pro 9* Speeder 661
TEE CBX  T3 13*.5  Kuro  Kage
TEE CB Pro F2 17.5* Kuro  Kage
TEE CBX Hybrid 22* Hazardous Black
  Callaway 18 X Forged  5 - PW  Pro Modus 3 Tour 105
  Callaway MD Forged Wedges, 50*, and 56* DG 200
  Evnroll ER2
  Taylormade TP5X

Play More...

#86 BlackDiamondPar5

BlackDiamondPar5

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71580
GolfWRX Likes : 3352

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostMountainGoat, on 17 May 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Why is moving the PGA Championship to May such a bad idea?  I don't understand the argument.
I'd agree with PGArox that moving the players back to March is good. From my perspective the weather in many parts of the country still isn't outdoor weather so its gonna get more eyes as many are still inside due to weather.

A PGA championship in May will virtually guarantee that it will be played in poor, cool weather at some point in a year that spring arrives late in the North.

#87 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostWidespreadPanic, on 15 May 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

If you have ever been to the Players, you love the move. It is so hot. And I could argue that it will be much harder in March, when the winds are really swirling.

Some of going to the Players in May is the people watching though. The sundresses are almost worth the trip alone!

I do like the change back to March, it takes things back to what I always remember as being TPC then Augusta to start out the beginning of my golf season here in the Midwest.
Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

#88 MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostBlackDiamondPar5, on 17 May 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

View PostMountainGoat, on 17 May 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

I'd agree with PGArox that moving the players back to March is good. From my perspective the weather in many parts of the country still isn't outdoor weather so its gonna get more eyes as many are still inside due to weather.

A PGA championship in May will virtually guarantee that it will be played in poor, cool weather at some point in a year that spring arrives late in the North.

But, doesn't a May date help put better emphasis on PGA teaching pros at the beginning of the season when they could most benefit from the exposure?

#89 2putttom

2putttom

# 1 Oregon Duck fan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5322

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 17 May 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Some of going to the Players in May is the people watching though. The sundresses are almost worth the trip alone!

I do like the change back to March, it takes things back to what I always remember as being TPC then Augusta to start out the beginning of my golf season here in the Midwest.
I thought sun dresses were a year round event in Florida
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Srixon 785's  w/G P MCC plus 4
Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace SNYPER II   46"
Oregon Ducks Bag

#90 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:45 AM

View Post2putttom, on 17 May 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 17 May 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

I thought sun dresses were a year round event in Florida

Depends on the wind and "cold" some too. Though I suppose when you're there to socialize, looking good sometimes is more important than being warm.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Also tagged with March, Players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors