Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Trinity Forest GC - front nine


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team GolfWRX

  • Marshals
  • 7,761 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
GolfWRX Likes : 4169

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

Dear Golfwrx powers that be,

Please create a new watermark, The pictures are near worthless to look at with a giant water mark right in the middle.
@oneputtblunder
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
WITB Link

2

#3 pga43

pga43

    GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer

  • ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 8,847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123025
  • Joined: 02/25/2011
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 4722

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 15 May 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Dear Golfwrx powers that be,

Please create a new watermark, The pictures are near worthless to look at with a giant water mark right in the middle.

It's not going to happen, so it is what it is.


Greg
GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

3

#4 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 876

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

Those greens are monstrous.
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

4

#5 liongolf_ike

liongolf_ike

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5238
  • Joined: 08/16/2005
  • Ebay ID:liongolf_ike
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 15 May 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Dear Golfwrx powers that be,

Please create a new watermark, The pictures are near worthless to look at with a giant water mark right in the middle.

Is there any way to at least move the watermark? So hard to see the holes with it in the middle. I understand the need but very difficult.

WITB
TBD

5

#6 pga43

pga43

    GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer

  • ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 8,847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123025
  • Joined: 02/25/2011
  • Location:Nashville, TN
GolfWRX Likes : 4722

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

View Postliongolf_ike, on 15 May 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostOne_Putt_Blunder, on 15 May 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Dear Golfwrx powers that be,

Please create a new watermark, The pictures are near worthless to look at with a giant water mark right in the middle.

Is there any way to at least move the watermark? So hard to see the holes with it in the middle. I understand the need but very difficult.

There isn't anyway to have two different watermarks and unfortunately, it has to be in the middle to protect the club photos we take and post from being pirated by other websites that would love to have access to the clubs without the watermark.

Sorry.


Greg
GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

6

#7 RH2

RH2

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 482936
  • Joined: 09/27/2017
  • Location:DFW
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Doesn’t look like a lot of shade for spectators. I’ll be there Friday for the first time.

7

#8 djcoolaid1914

djcoolaid1914

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393058
  • Joined: 08/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:40 AM

View PostRH2, on 15 May 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Doesn’t look like a lot of shade for spectators. I’ll be there Friday for the first time.
There isn’t any shade out there, make sure to wear sunscreen and a cap (maybe bring a umbrella)
Also watch out for the native areas as there have been copperhead sightings since it has warmed up.

8

#9 djcoolaid1914

djcoolaid1914

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393058
  • Joined: 08/25/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

Btw the pictures don’t do the course justice. Wish they would show how much undulation there are in the greens. Like hole 8 there is a huge ridge that spits the green which makes it interesting if you place your ball on the opposite side of where the flag is.

Edited by djcoolaid1914, 16 May 2018 - 01:46 AM.


9

#10 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 3,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
  • Joined: 04/22/2005
  • Location:Hwy 97, Mile Marker 55
GolfWRX Likes : 1626

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

Trinity is a phenomenal golf course.  Here is my review.

http://www.golfwrx.c..._content=unused

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 842

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:12 AM

Total BOSSES
Posted Image
M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
RTX3s
Odyssey

11

#12 coghillcutter

coghillcutter

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105271
  • Joined: 03/24/2010
  • Location:Philly
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

This is going to be an awesome venue and a fun week but my god why did they water it so much?  The tour is so scared of whining that they take the intent out of the place by greening it up like this.

Edited by coghillcutter, 16 May 2018 - 08:37 AM.

'16 Taylormade M2 10.5* Rouge Silver 60s
15* Taylormade M4 Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7s
18* Titleist 915h Rouge 85s
Taylormade P790 4 iron
Mizuno JPX-850F 5-PW XP115s
Mizuno T7 50,55
Taylormade Hi-Toe 59*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

12

#13 oldpalchamp

oldpalchamp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2386
  • Joined: 07/12/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 340

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

I know Coore/Crenshaw have a wonderful reputation.  I understand it is basically a flat piece of property, and as a former professional still photographer, I understand how difficult it is to shoot golf holes and fully capture the nuance of a hole, but all in all, I look at the front 9 and all I can think is meh.

Perhaps if I played the course, or at least was on the property, I could more fully appreciate it.

13

#14 bigeasy

bigeasy

    Bigeasy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3724
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:in the short grass rorap,nc
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Winning score low single digits?
Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
Taylormade Rockeballz Stage 2 tour hybrid 20* or Cleveland Launcher 5 wood19*
Mizuno MP25 CTaper Lite 4-PW
Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 S Grind 59* DGS300
Kenny Giananni  Slimline 2
Bridgestone B330, Srixon XV, TP5, Prov1
USGA Handicap 6.2

14

#15 redkacheek

redkacheek

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432326
  • Joined: 07/11/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:+2.4
  • Ebay ID:ermcintosh
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

Winning score should be around -12 but depends when they stop watering the greens


15

#16 Pure745

Pure745

    CPC #15

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:Baby
GolfWRX Likes : 9007

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Cool looking track, different layout.
Titleist 917D3 9.5 - Fujikura Atmos Black 7tx
Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
Titleist 718 T-MB/CB/MB combo set - PX LZ 6.5 hard stepped
Vokey SM7 RAW 47F 51F 55S WW 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/

16

#17 Jimmie48

Jimmie48

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31778
  • Joined: 06/15/2007
  • Location:Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Looks a lot like my home course up the way from there...The Old American home of the LPGA Volunteers of America Classic!  Thanks for the pics.

17

#18 mctrees02

mctrees02

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116510
  • Joined: 10/22/2010
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Handicap:5ish
  • Ebay ID:mctrees02
GolfWRX Likes : 305

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

View Postcoghillcutter, on 16 May 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

This is going to be an awesome venue and a fun week but my god why did they water it so much?  The tour is so scared of whining that they take the intent out of the place by greening it up like this.
with 95-100 degree temps every day this week, the morning watering only goes so far.  It’s not like they are leaving the sprinklers on from dawn to dusk.

18

#19 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 3,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
  • Joined: 04/22/2005
  • Location:Hwy 97, Mile Marker 55
GolfWRX Likes : 1626

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

View Postoldpalchamp, on 16 May 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

I know Coore/Crenshaw have a wonderful reputation.  I understand it is basically a flat piece of property, and as a former professional still photographer, I understand how difficult it is to shoot golf holes and fully capture the nuance of a hole, but all in all, I look at the front 9 and all I can think is meh.

Perhaps if I played the course, or at least was on the property, I could more fully appreciate it.

The course is spectacular.  It's legit top 50 US easily IMO.  It actually has quite a bit more elevation change than it looks.  It's not really that flat overall.
FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

19

#20 leftygolfer15

leftygolfer15

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9642
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Dallas, Tx.
GolfWRX Likes : 220

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostJimmie48, on 16 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Looks a lot like my home course up the way from there...The Old American home of the LPGA Volunteers of America Classic!  Thanks for the pics.

Play there all the time, love it!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 MrWolf

MrWolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41616
  • Joined: 10/31/2007
  • Location:O-Town, ON
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6512

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Looks like a cool course. A nice change from the usual tour stops.

The greens are gigantic!
///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///

21

#22 gators78

gators78

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121638
  • Joined: 02/03/2011
  • Location:City of Champions
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 842

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

View Postleftygolfer15, on 16 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostJimmie48, on 16 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Looks a lot like my home course up the way from there...The Old American home of the LPGA Volunteers of America Classic!  Thanks for the pics.

Play there all the time, love it!

Do you have a ballpark of what the membership fees are? Just curious what that would be in Dallas.
M2
M2 3W, Hybrid
1957 Blades (I blame you, WRX)
RTX3s
Odyssey

22

#23 robdalky

robdalky

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366981
  • Joined: 03/18/2015
  • Location:DFW
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

View Postgators78, on 17 May 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

View Postleftygolfer15, on 16 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

View PostJimmie48, on 16 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Looks a lot like my home course up the way from there...The Old American home of the LPGA Volunteers of America Classic!  Thanks for the pics.

Play there all the time, love it!

Do you have a ballpark of what the membership fees are? Just curious what that would be in Dallas.

175k, but last I heard they were “full” at 130 members. The one day I played there the only three other groups of people I saw the whole day had: 1. George W Bush, 2. Jordan Spieth/Cam Mc ((range and putting green only not playing)) and 3. SMU golf team. The handicap book was a who’s who of Dallas.
Callaway EPIC 9.5 Aldila Rogue Max 75X
TM SLDR S 17* Fujikura F3 90
Callaway XR Hot Pro 20* Accra Dymatch MT-H 85
PING i25 4-PW KS Tour 120
Titlest SM6 50F-54S-58K, X100
Odyssey O-Works #7S
Titleist ProV1

23

#24 coghillcutter

coghillcutter

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105271
  • Joined: 03/24/2010
  • Location:Philly
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

View Postmctrees02, on 16 May 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

View Postcoghillcutter, on 16 May 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

This is going to be an awesome venue and a fun week but my god why did they water it so much?  The tour is so scared of whining that they take the intent out of the place by greening it up like this.
with 95-100 degree temps every day this week, the morning watering only goes so far.  It's not like they are leaving the sprinklers on from dawn to dusk.

for sure but if you go look at some of the reviews and media released (especially Geoff Ogilvy's videos) its pretty clear this place is generally browner, harder and faster than it is right now.  The commentators on PGA Tour Live have been talking non-stop about how slow the greens have been this morning.  It's up to the tour to set up the course I get that but I think a lot of the strategy, creativity, intent of a place like Trinity gets nullified when the ball isn't running as much.  Especially given the width out there.
'16 Taylormade M2 10.5* Rouge Silver 60s
15* Taylormade M4 Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7s
18* Titleist 915h Rouge 85s
Taylormade P790 4 iron
Mizuno JPX-850F 5-PW XP115s
Mizuno T7 50,55
Taylormade Hi-Toe 59*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

24

#25 FairwayFred

FairwayFred

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 3,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149
  • Joined: 04/22/2005
  • Location:Hwy 97, Mile Marker 55
GolfWRX Likes : 1626

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

View Postcoghillcutter, on 17 May 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

View Postmctrees02, on 16 May 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

View Postcoghillcutter, on 16 May 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

This is going to be an awesome venue and a fun week but my god why did they water it so much?  The tour is so scared of whining that they take the intent out of the place by greening it up like this.
with 95-100 degree temps every day this week, the morning watering only goes so far.  It's not like they are leaving the sprinklers on from dawn to dusk.

for sure but if you go look at some of the reviews and media released (especially Geoff Ogilvy's videos) its pretty clear this place is generally browner, harder and faster than it is right now.  The commentators on PGA Tour Live have been talking non-stop about how slow the greens have been this morning.  It's up to the tour to set up the course I get that but I think a lot of the strategy, creativity, intent of a place like Trinity gets nullified when the ball isn't running as much.  Especially given the width out there.

I completely agree it would be a real shame if they made it too soft and the players didn't get the true experience.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
ari@nationalcustomworks.com
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

25

#26 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

View Postoldpalchamp, on 16 May 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

I know Coore/Crenshaw have a wonderful reputation.  I understand it is basically a flat piece of property, and as a former professional still photographer, I understand how difficult it is to shoot golf holes and fully capture the nuance of a hole, but all in all, I look at the front 9 and all I can think is meh.

Perhaps if I played the course, or at least was on the property, I could more fully appreciate it.

Kuchar would probably agree with you after being interviewed and saying he would take the high ride because he didnt have anything nice to say

26



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors