Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ben Hogan Irons - No love on tour


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 disco111

disco111

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Joined: 07/19/2015
  • Location:Oklahoma City, OK
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Aside from JJ Henry, why are there no additional players playing the new Hogan irons? I realize that most are under contract to other OEM's, but you would think that there would be more than one player with no contractual ties that would play these great clubs. Just curious...............


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ZA206

ZA206

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326991
  • Joined: 07/15/2014
  • Location:Fort Mill, SC
  • Handicap:6.0
  • Ebay ID:ZA206
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Probably not alot of support for the guys out on tour from Hogan. Do they have a tour truck and a dedicated staff to be at every event working on their clubs for guys? I know if I were a pro on tour, I'd want to pretty much stick with who had a large tour presence and who would pay me to use their stuff.

-ZA
TM 2017 M1 460 8.5 Tour Issue with Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
TM 2016 M1 15  3W with Speeder 757 TS Evo X
TM RBZ2 Tour 18.5 3H with Matrix Red Tie X
718 AP2 (4-PW) with AMT White X100's
52F & 56S SM6 with AMT X100's
TM 60 Hi Toe with S400
Evnroll ER3 Wingback 34"

2

#3 Nessism

Nessism

    To measure is to know...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
  • Joined: 06/23/2011
  • Location:Torrance, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 8081

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:54 PM

View Postdisco111, on 15 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

Aside from JJ Henry, why are there no additional players playing the new Hogan irons?

Because Hogan doesn't have the money for endorsement contracts.
Ping G400 driver w/Adila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
TEE XCG6 3 & 5 fairway woods & E8 hybrid
Mizuno Hot Metal irons w/Recoil 95's
Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110's
Ping Anser putter - the "real deal!"

3

#4 TM_HOYER

TM_HOYER

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90581
  • Joined: 08/03/2009
  • Location:Georgia
GolfWRX Likes : 464

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Simple. Lack of money.
Callaway Epic 10.5 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 53 Regular
Callaway Epic 3, 5, and 7 wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
Taylormade P790 w/ Project X LZ 5.5 Softstepped
Callaway MD Forged 56 and 60 Slate w/ Project X LZ 5.5
Toulon Design Atlanta
TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

4

#5 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

Theyre not cool

Long Live Nike

5

#6 96p993

96p993

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216625
  • Joined: 12/18/2012
  • Location:Butte
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:34 PM

I would say ZA hit the nail on the head but I just sent back my demos and will not be going with them simply for their lack of options they offer. Im a high ball hitter, no shaft they offer fits me. They talk about the custom building for each set they do but wont do combos set anymore. I think they need to be more open to options, I would be happy to pay a little more for what I know I want/need

6

#7 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 830

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.


Ping G400Max 10.5° Mitsu Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60X
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
PXG 0317 18° Accra FX300H X-Flex
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Odyssey 2-Ball Slant Neck Custom

7

#8 PopIt&DropIt

PopIt&DropIt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491086
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:La La Land
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

View Post96p993, on 15 May 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

I would say ZA hit the nail on the head but I just sent back my demos and will not be going with them simply for their lack of options they offer. Im a high ball hitter, no shaft they offer fits me. They talk about the custom building for each set they do but wont do combos set anymore. I think they need to be more open to options, I would be happy to pay a little more for what I know I want/need

I agree.  I'm a huge fan of their irons and think they are better than most others out there but their options definitely limit people from seeing that.  This new version of the company started really small and have made solid progress in a year so I hope they start adding options soon. I'm lucky that the tour v is a great shaft for me but at minimum I would like them to add the full KBS line.  KBS Tour and C Taper would open up their clubs to a lot of people.  Add some dynamic gold and Nippon and they will have a lot more customers.

8

#9 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2319

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

$$$$$$$$

9

#10 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2319

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

View PostPopIt&DropIt, on 16 May 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

View Post96p993, on 15 May 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

I would say ZA hit the nail on the head but I just sent back my demos and will not be going with them simply for their lack of options they offer. Im a high ball hitter, no shaft they offer fits me. They talk about the custom building for each set they do but wont do combos set anymore. I think they need to be more open to options, I would be happy to pay a little more for what I know I want/need

I agree.  I'm a huge fan of their irons and think they are better than most others out there but their options definitely limit people from seeing that.  This new version of the company started really small and have made solid progress in a year so I hope they start adding options soon. I'm lucky that the tour v is a great shaft for me but at minimum I would like them to add the full KBS line.  KBS Tour and C Taper would open up their clubs to a lot of people.  Add some dynamic gold and Nippon and they will have a lot more customers.

It seems like  a simple concept  and for the relatively  low cost those options would bring it would be more than worth it in the long run. Im the perfect example  because on a whim i almost grabbed a set but the shafts dont fit so no sale.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 993

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Their irons are cheap enough, why not get a set up pulls in what you need and swap them out?

Im a lefty, so I can do no more than dream about a set of FT Worths
2016 M1 Tour Issue 7° - EvenFlow White T1100 65
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Wilson FG62 - S300
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

11

#12 cgasucks

cgasucks

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16512
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 857

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

From my experience watching tour pros with no club contracts in my 18 years of this sport, Ping, Mizuno and to a lesser extent Miura are usually in their bags.

Edited by cgasucks, 16 May 2018 - 11:15 AM.

9.5 deg Taylormade R7 Superquad (All Black First Edition) with stock Fujikura Reax TP shaft
1988 Tommy Armour 845s (3-PW, W3 (GW), SW) with stock TT Tour Step shafts
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter

12

#13 rex235

rex235

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95615
  • Joined: 10/01/2009
  • Ebay ID:brsmooth235
GolfWRX Likes : 1692

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

Disco-

Ask Tad Moore.  

These days, it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$.  

Just listen to the interview with Larry Bobka, about  a player under contract with Titleist 20 years ago,  "killing it" on the range

with a set of Ben Hogan irons?

Am pretty sure you know who the player is....In the interview, Bobka said he still has those Ben Hogan irons.

13

#14 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2610

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

View Postdisco111, on 15 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

Aside from JJ Henry, why are there no additional players playing the new Hogan irons? I realize that most are under contract to other OEM's, but you would think that there would be more than one player with no contractual ties that would play these great clubs. Just curious...............
one name........ MIZUNO
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: PING Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping Anser F Ti pixel

Ping 703 +3 wraps/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

14

#15 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.3
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2588

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.

I realize youre joking but some may not.  Obviously any pro that wanted to play their clubs would be provided any shaft they wanted.

I was surpirsed at how much i liked the Tour V 120X in my PTx.  As a high spin, high flight player they actually are the best iron shaft Ive ever played, and Ive literally tried every popular "low spin" iron shaft on the market. Been in the bag now 2 years. Ive actually  got 2 sets of PTx.  One set ive been using to experiment with graphite shafts for the Arthritis Im starting to get in my hands.  Unfortunately nothing beats to the Tour V after 8 different sets Ive tried.

Ive been instagramming them and emailing them for months asking why they dont at least carry the full line of KBS to attract more buyers.  They never even bother to respond to me. I find it very strange and very rude, especially as a customer and a "fan". I  used to work in the Club manufacturing world and I absolutely can not figure out why they refuse to expand the shaft line up.  It's clearly limiting their sales.  There must be a reason because i certainly can not be the only one complaining to them.  

Side note regarding tour players: Mark Brooks just started playing them on the Champions tour.

9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5"
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 62
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

15

#16 96p993

96p993

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216625
  • Joined: 12/18/2012
  • Location:Butte
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 16 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Their irons are cheap enough, why not get a set up pulls in what you need and swap them out?

Im a lefty, so I can do no more than dream about a set of FT Worths

While I thought about it and have everything to do so I dont think that should be the direction I should have to go. Their big marketing is about building as the orders come in and matching everything for each order. I like that and appreciate the detail, I just think more offerings would be wise. I still like the company, I just wont be playing their irons. Price isnt the issue on this...

To carry such a small lineup of KBS shafts is odd to me, I would be interested to understand why just certain shafts and not others from the same company

16

#17 96p993

96p993

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216625
  • Joined: 12/18/2012
  • Location:Butte
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.

I realize youre joking but some may not.  Obviously any pro that wanted to play their clubs would be provided any shaft they wanted.

I was surpirsed at how much i liked the Tour V 120X in my PTx.  As a high spin, high flight player they actually are the best iron shaft Ive ever played, and Ive literally tried every popular "low spin" iron shaft on the market. Been in the bag now 2 years. Ive actually  got 2 sets of PTx.  One set ive been using to experiment with graphite shafts for the Arthritis Im starting to get in my hands.  Unfortunately nothing beats to the Tour V after 8 different sets Ive tried.

Ive been instagramming them and emailing them for months asking why they dont at least carry the full line of KBS to attract more buyers.  They never even bother to respond to me. I find it very strange and very rude, especially as a customer and a "fan". I  used to work in the Club manufacturing world and I absolutely can not figure out why they refuse to expand the shaft line up.  It's clearly limiting their sales.  There must be a reason because i certainly can not be the only one complaining to them.  

Side note regarding tour players: Mark Brooks just started playing them on the Champions tour.


I couldnt agree more...I asked the logical but not popular questions about other shafts, combo sets, and selling just the heads...3 emails, 4 calls no answer to any of them

17

#18 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 993

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Post96p993, on 16 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostPixlPutterman, on 16 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Their irons are cheap enough, why not get a set up pulls in what you need and swap them out?

Im a lefty, so I can do no more than dream about a set of FT Worths

While I thought about it and have everything to do so I dont think that should be the direction I should have to go. Their big marketing is about building as the orders come in and matching everything for each order. I like that and appreciate the detail, I just think more offerings would be wise. I still like the company, I just wont be playing their irons. Price isnt the issue on this...

To carry such a small lineup of KBS shafts is odd to me, I would be interested to understand why just certain shafts and not others from the same company

I dont disagree with your reasoning, I just want a lefty set of blades bad enough I'd put those problems aside :)

I read something from them that they did extensive testing and the shafts they offered were what performed best in their irons.....I dont buy that at all but thats their stance if you ask them.
2016 M1 Tour Issue 7° - EvenFlow White T1100 65
Srixon zU65 18° - ADDI 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - C Taper
Wilson FG62 - S300
Adams MB2 Torched - C Taper
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56° - S300
Nike Engage DS 60° - S300
ProType 2-Ball

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

18

#19 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.3
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2588

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

View Post96p993, on 16 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.

I realize youre joking but some may not.  Obviously any pro that wanted to play their clubs would be provided any shaft they wanted.

I was surpirsed at how much i liked the Tour V 120X in my PTx.  As a high spin, high flight player they actually are the best iron shaft Ive ever played, and Ive literally tried every popular "low spin" iron shaft on the market. Been in the bag now 2 years. Ive actually  got 2 sets of PTx.  One set ive been using to experiment with graphite shafts for the Arthritis Im starting to get in my hands.  Unfortunately nothing beats to the Tour V after 8 different sets Ive tried.

Ive been instagramming them and emailing them for months asking why they dont at least carry the full line of KBS to attract more buyers.  They never even bother to respond to me. I find it very strange and very rude, especially as a customer and a "fan". I  used to work in the Club manufacturing world and I absolutely can not figure out why they refuse to expand the shaft line up.  It's clearly limiting their sales.  There must be a reason because i certainly can not be the only one complaining to them.  

Side note regarding tour players: Mark Brooks just started playing them on the Champions tour.


I couldnt agree more...I asked the logical but not popular questions about other shafts, combo sets, and selling just the heads...3 emails, 4 calls no answer to any of them

It seems so strange that they are actively posting regularly on Instagram and refuse to answer questions they dont like or dont have a good answer for.  Makes them look like a$$holes.....and i love the products.
9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5"
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 62
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

19

#20 96p993

96p993

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216625
  • Joined: 12/18/2012
  • Location:Butte
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:53 PM

I enjoyed hitting the PTx irons but I have to say the $-Taper in a Callaway combo set won me over quickly...I would like to hit the PTx with the $-Taper but not enough to beg or rebuild...Just too many other great options out there


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 DFS PFD

DFS PFD

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485676
  • Joined: 10/30/2017
  • Handicap:0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

View Post96p993, on 16 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.

I realize youre joking but some may not.  Obviously any pro that wanted to play their clubs would be provided any shaft they wanted.

I was surpirsed at how much i liked the Tour V 120X in my PTx.  As a high spin, high flight player they actually are the best iron shaft Ive ever played, and Ive literally tried every popular "low spin" iron shaft on the market. Been in the bag now 2 years. Ive actually  got 2 sets of PTx.  One set ive been using to experiment with graphite shafts for the Arthritis Im starting to get in my hands.  Unfortunately nothing beats to the Tour V after 8 different sets Ive tried.

Ive been instagramming them and emailing them for months asking why they dont at least carry the full line of KBS to attract more buyers.  They never even bother to respond to me. I find it very strange and very rude, especially as a customer and a "fan". I  used to work in the Club manufacturing world and I absolutely can not figure out why they refuse to expand the shaft line up.  It's clearly limiting their sales.  There must be a reason because i certainly can not be the only one complaining to them.  

Side note regarding tour players: Mark Brooks just started playing them on the Champions tour.


I couldnt agree more...I asked the logical but not popular questions about other shafts, combo sets, and selling just the heads...3 emails, 4 calls no answer to any of them

It seems so strange that they are actively posting regularly on Instagram and refuse to answer questions they dont like or dont have a good answer for.  Makes them look like a$$holes.....and i love the products.
I doubt they have the time and resources allocated to playing with their 10,000 expert market research "analysts" via instagram daily. And once they indulge in responding to you once, they become more obligated to do so again.

21

#22 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.3
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 2588

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostDFS PFD, on 16 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

View Post96p993, on 16 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 16 May 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostGolfingfanatic, on 16 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Probably because only a select range of pros fit into KBS Tour 90 shafts.

I realize youre joking but some may not.  Obviously any pro that wanted to play their clubs would be provided any shaft they wanted.

I was surpirsed at how much i liked the Tour V 120X in my PTx.  As a high spin, high flight player they actually are the best iron shaft Ive ever played, and Ive literally tried every popular "low spin" iron shaft on the market. Been in the bag now 2 years. Ive actually  got 2 sets of PTx.  One set ive been using to experiment with graphite shafts for the Arthritis Im starting to get in my hands.  Unfortunately nothing beats to the Tour V after 8 different sets Ive tried.

Ive been instagramming them and emailing them for months asking why they dont at least carry the full line of KBS to attract more buyers.  They never even bother to respond to me. I find it very strange and very rude, especially as a customer and a "fan". I  used to work in the Club manufacturing world and I absolutely can not figure out why they refuse to expand the shaft line up.  It's clearly limiting their sales.  There must be a reason because i certainly can not be the only one complaining to them.  

Side note regarding tour players: Mark Brooks just started playing them on the Champions tour.


I couldnt agree more...I asked the logical but not popular questions about other shafts, combo sets, and selling just the heads...3 emails, 4 calls no answer to any of them

It seems so strange that they are actively posting regularly on Instagram and refuse to answer questions they dont like or dont have a good answer for.  Makes them look like a$$holes.....and i love the products.
I doubt they have the time and resources allocated to playing with their 10,000 expert market research "analysts" via instagram daily. And once they indulge in responding to you once, they become more obligated to do so again.

I get what you're saying but I dont buy that.  Whoever is posting on IG can certainly shoot back a quick response.  They arent getting hundreds of questions.  It may well be Scott White the CEO himself.
I cant imagine they have more than a dozen people working full time for the company now. Probably less.

KBS responds promptly to my Instagram questions.  Artisan responds.  Tyrson Lamb responds.  Lajosi responds.  Kraken does. In fact.....I honestly cant think of another golf related site that HASN'T takent the time to directly respond to my Instagram queries.

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 16 May 2018 - 02:19 PM.

9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70 TX,  43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5"
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, 50-12,
SM6 56-14 F (at 55), SM6 60-08 at 62
all Wedges recoil Prototype 125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

22

#23 96p993

96p993

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216625
  • Joined: 12/18/2012
  • Location:Butte
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

All my inquiries have been through their site or a phone call...I would guess Scott has no clue their response time is non-existent. There are questions and buying questions, mine we buying questions. With no big box presence that is the only way to get answers, if you cant reply you dont deserve my money

23

#24 DFS PFD

DFS PFD

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485676
  • Joined: 10/30/2017
  • Handicap:0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 179

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

I get what you're saying but I dont buy that.  Whoever is posting on IG can certainly shoot back a quick response.  They arent getting hundreds of questions.  It may well be Scott White the CEO himself.
I cant imagine they have more than a dozen people working full time for the company now. Probably less.

KBS responds promptly to my Instagram questions.  Artisan responds.  Tyrson Lamb responds.  Lajosi responds.  Kraken does. In fact.....I honestly cant think of another golf related site that HASN'T takent the time to directly respond to my Instagram queries.


I agree with what you're saying, it couldn't be much more simple for them. Of the companies you listed, none of them have gone bankrupt that I'm aware of as well. Never said it was smart on Hogan's part, just saying what I bet their justification is.

Edited by DFS PFD, 16 May 2018 - 03:14 PM.


24

#25 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2742

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:15 AM

Hogan seems to build fine clubs, but they are a niche company in a niche market.  They may offer the KBS shafts because they cannot afford to stock a full range of KBS, True Temper, Nippon, Recoil and all the other choices.  I've hit some Hogan's, and they were fine.  Their problem is that today, you have to work to find a bad set of irons.


25



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors