Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Chicago - Charity Auctions for Elite Privates

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205017
GolfWRX Likes : 475

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

I've been on the hunt for opportunities to play some elite privates in Chicago. I'm pretty sure you can guess them. I think the best shot, other than networking, would be to go the charity auction route.

I'm curious if there is anyone on here that would be interested in joining the pack with me. Typically the auctions offer a threesome so ideally there would be 2-3 of us that are able to make the financial commitment, and time commitment to find these. It would also be great to have 3 sets of eyes on the hunt vs. 1. While I have a list of avenues where these packages are offered, I'm short on friends wanting to write the check with me.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can create an email list.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 schley

schley

Love ya don't tell ya enough!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58583
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:50 AM

I have done over 50 charity auction golf rounds easily over the last 6-7 years.  They are great and I always have my dad and brother with me so it works great as they are threesomes typically as you mention.  Right now there are a couple nice rounds in Chicago.  Exmoor and Bunker Hill (very expensive) on charitybuzz so hit that up.  Also every course other than Shoreacres and Butler National I have seen advertised on the various charity auctions websites.

BTW this year I have won: Plainfield cc, Hamilton Farm, Cape Cod, Essex County Club, Galloway National, Sleepy Hollow in the northeast.  Ballyneal, Dismal River, Prairie Dunes in great plains. Riviera, Hillcrest, Bear Creek in California and have run out of vacation days.  Also Sand Valley/Lawsonia in Wisconsin.

I love charity auctions as they help a charity and also provide a great experience for me and my family.  Keep me in mind as I'm always on all the sites for charity auctions and know where to find them.

#3 Cysmic

Cysmic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200639
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:41 AM

Schley,
Would you mind sharing the names of some of those charity sites?  I've seen charitybuzz but was just wondering what other sites there might be.

#4 goduke7

goduke7

Goduke7

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169603
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostThunder Dan, on 15 May 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

I've been on the hunt for opportunities to play some elite privates in Chicago. I'm pretty sure you can guess them. I think the best shot, other than networking, would be to go the charity auction route.

I'm curious if there is anyone on here that would be interested in joining the pack with me. Typically the auctions offer a threesome so ideally there would be 2-3 of us that are able to make the financial commitment, and time commitment to find these. It would also be great to have 3 sets of eyes on the hunt vs. 1. While I have a list of avenues where these packages are offered, I'm short on friends wanting to write the check with me.

give2gain has a promo for the platform tennis association. Glen View and Butler are on the list.

#5 schley

schley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

biddingforgood.com
one.bidpal.n...ontftco/welcome
charitybuzz.com
charityauctionstoday.com
winningcause.org
ifonly.com/charity-auctions

I get the overwhelming majority from biddingforgood.com which is a simple site that has alot of volume.  Charitybuzz has high end items which are more expensive.

View Postgoduke7, on 18 May 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

give2gain has a promo for the platform tennis association. Glen View and Butler are on the list.

Link?  Can't find what you are referencing.

Edited by schley, 18 May 2018 - 10:03 AM.

#6 raynorfan1

raynorfan1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119065
GolfWRX Likes : 1624

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:57 AM

View Postschley, on 18 May 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

biddingforgood.com
TFTCO.com
charitybuzz.com
charityauctionstoday.com
winningcause.org

I get the overwhelming majority from biddingforgood.com which is a simple site that has alot of volume.  Charitybuzz has high end items which are more expensive.

https://www.give2gai...auctions/butler

#7 schley

schley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

View Postraynorfan1, on 18 May 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

View Postschley, on 18 May 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

biddingforgood.com
TFTCO.com
charitybuzz.com
charityauctionstoday.com
winningcause.org

https://www.give2gai...auctions/butler

I have never seen Butler National on any auction site online.  I have heard it being silent auctioned off at a charity event, but never online so thanks for this.

#8 Cysmic

Cysmic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200639
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Thank you Schley, goduke7 and Raynorfan1.

#9 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

thanks for that link. Butler isn't on my list, but I'll keep that site handy for other opportunities at ones that are.

#10 schley

schley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

View PostThunder Dan, on 01 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

thanks for that link. Butler isn't on my list, but I'll keep that site handy for other opportunities at ones that are.

Really?  What is?  It would be on mine and I have played it already.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Thunder Dan

Thunder Dan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

View Postschley, on 01 June 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostThunder Dan, on 01 June 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Really?  What is?  It would be on mine and I have played it already.

Chicago & Shoreacres are who I lust for. I'm sure Butler is fantastic, but I don't drive by it craving to play it

#12 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,953 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
GolfWRX Likes : 10118

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

"On the hunt for privates..."

Now I know why I never get in. lol
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 9/PX Evenflow Black 60s
Callaway Xr 16 Pro 16/Fuji Speeder Ev. II 765s
Callaway Apex 20, 23/KK Black 80s