Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Solar Sleeves and other UV Clothing, What's Best IYO


79 replies to this topic

#61 Dicka

Dicka

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103831
  • Joined: 02/22/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

I really dislike clingy clothing...do the sleeves get uncomfortable and sticky at all? I think I'd prefer a slightly looser long sleeve polo shirt.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Phoenix, Az
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2534

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:06 PM

View PostDicka, on 05 June 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

I really dislike clingy clothing...do the sleeves get uncomfortable and sticky at all? I think I'd prefer a slightly looser long sleeve polo shirt.

The SARX Sleeves I wear are really tight... def. a compression fit.  For the first minute or so it's noticeable but then it's like I'm not even wearing sleeves.  Id rather sleeves and tights (like for running in the cold) be either really tight or really loose.  It's the in between which is annoying for me.  The compression just feels like you aren't wearing anything on your arms after a few minutes.  They are tight enough that there's no riding up or falling down either.
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 816h 21*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - Scotty Custom Shop

2

#63 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

View PostDicka, on 05 June 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

I really dislike clingy clothing...do the sleeves get uncomfortable and sticky at all? I think I'd prefer a slightly looser long sleeve polo shirt.

They're tight, but after a little bit of time, you almost forget that they're there :)

3

#64 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3013

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

I've found this thread to be very educational and wanted to keep it going.  To anyone who's interested I just ordered the following:

I'll provide my thoughts once I've been able to give them a go.
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

4

#65 Muddler

Muddler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131626
  • Joined: 06/25/2011
  • Handicap:High
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!

Are these sunscreens full of the parobens or whatever those chemicals are that are bad?  I use sunscreen every time I play but my understanding is that not all are created equal and that some might even be harmful.

Honestly, sunscreens sold in the US are not great. The antiquated regulatory regime is stifling, compelling manufacturers to use active ingredients that were abandoned in the rest of the developed world decades ago. A significant portion of sunscreens sold in the US don't even protect against skin cancer (UVA), and those that do often use ingredients that aren't great for human hormones. You would be well-advised to buy modern sunscreens sold in Canada and Europe. Anything by a L'Oreal-owned brand like Ombrelle would be great.

Edited by Muddler, 25 July 2018 - 08:32 PM.

Cobra ZL - Motore F1
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Titleist AP1 712 4-PW - Dynalite Gold XP
Wilson Staff FG TC 50/56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

5

#66 Muddler

Muddler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131626
  • Joined: 06/25/2011
  • Handicap:High
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!

Are these sunscreens full of the parobens or whatever those chemicals are that are bad?  I use sunscreen every time I play but my understanding is that not all are created equal and that some might even be harmful.
Active ingredients are Ti oxide and Zinc oxide.  I am pretty sure no avobenzone, oxyacrilate, etc... (the bad stuff in the cheap sunscreens that turns your whites to yellow) are used.

Blue Lizard "Regular" contains both Oxybenzone and octinoxate.

https://www.blueliza...een-regular-5oz


ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
  • Octinoxate, 7.5%
  • Octocrylene, 2%
  • Oxybenzone, 3%
  • Zinc Oxide, 6%

Cobra ZL - Motore F1
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Titleist AP1 712 4-PW - Dynalite Gold XP
Wilson Staff FG TC 50/56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

6

#67 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1122

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

View PostMuddler, on 25 July 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!

Are these sunscreens full of the parobens or whatever those chemicals are that are bad?  I use sunscreen every time I play but my understanding is that not all are created equal and that some might even be harmful.
Active ingredients are Ti oxide and Zinc oxide.  I am pretty sure no avobenzone, oxyacrilate, etc... (the bad stuff in the cheap sunscreens that turns your whites to yellow) are used.

Blue Lizard "Regular" contains both Oxybenzone and octinoxate.

https://www.blueliza...een-regular-5oz


ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
  • Octinoxate, 7.5%
  • Octocrylene, 2%
  • Oxybenzone, 3%
  • Zinc Oxide, 6%
You are correct. No avobenzone which is good, but it does have the others.
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i w/UST Recoil 680 F4, Callaway Apex 6i - 9i, AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4, Maltby TS-1 PW w/ UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

7

#68 Dicka

Dicka

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103831
  • Joined: 02/22/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:43 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 22 July 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I've found this thread to be very educational and wanted to keep it going.  To anyone who's interested I just ordered the following: I'll provide my thoughts once I've been able to give them a go.

Just wondering your thoughts on the Solbari products? Thinking of buying one of the long sleeve polo shirts.

8

#69 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3013

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 22 July 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I've found this thread to be very educational and wanted to keep it going.  To anyone who's interested I just ordered the following: I'll provide my thoughts once I've been able to give them a go.

Just wondering your thoughts on the Solbari products? Thinking of buying one of the long sleeve polo shirts.

The Solbari sleeves have been okay (I don't own any of the shirts).  I think the biggest thing for me is that the sleeves just don't seem to fit right but that might just be for me.  As far as the quality of material and whatnot I'd say they are high quality.  The shirts look quite nice.

So I can't offer a very good response!
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

9

#70 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1122

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 09 October 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 22 July 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I've found this thread to be very educational and wanted to keep it going.  To anyone who's interested I just ordered the following: I'll provide my thoughts once I've been able to give them a go.

Just wondering your thoughts on the Solbari products? Thinking of buying one of the long sleeve polo shirts.

The Solbari sleeves have been okay (I don't own any of the shirts).  I think the biggest thing for me is that the sleeves just don't seem to fit right but that might just be for me.  As far as the quality of material and whatnot I'd say they are high quality.  The shirts look quite nice.

So I can't offer a very good response!
Another option would be Denali Performance.  I have found them to work well with good quality.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i w/UST Recoil 680 F4, Callaway Apex 6i - 9i, AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4, Maltby TS-1 PW w/ UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 TinkerGolfMan

TinkerGolfMan

    Tinker Golf Man

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 332457
  • Joined: 08/08/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
AGREED! Posted Image
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Nike Golf MM Proto [PROTOTYPE] 4-PW Irons Set# 4 of 40, True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Limited Edition (Superman Edition), Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Artisan Golf ★ custom 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.

11

#72 azgolfer44

azgolfer44

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 437670
  • Joined: 08/22/2016
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Living in Arizona, I wear solar sleeves and a fully brimmed hat year round.  The sleeves are becoming more and more popular and are much better than sunscreen. I have tried the Nike, UA and some cheap amazon brands. Nike are the best but most expensive. Anything is better than skin cancer!

Bucket hats are also now in style. Every manufacture has options with lots of colors. Wouldn’t be surprised to see more tour players wearing in near future.

12

#73 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3013

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:09 PM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 09 October 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 09 October 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 22 July 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I've found this thread to be very educational and wanted to keep it going.  To anyone who's interested I just ordered the following: I'll provide my thoughts once I've been able to give them a go.

Just wondering your thoughts on the Solbari products? Thinking of buying one of the long sleeve polo shirts.

The Solbari sleeves have been okay (I don't own any of the shirts).  I think the biggest thing for me is that the sleeves just don't seem to fit right but that might just be for me.  As far as the quality of material and whatnot I'd say they are high quality.  The shirts look quite nice.

So I can't offer a very good response!
Another option would be Denali Performance.  I have found them to work well with good quality.


Cool!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a newer pair of Nike Sleeves and they actually seem to be of less quality than the pair I had before :/
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

13

#74 Dicka

Dicka

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103831
  • Joined: 02/22/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:34 PM

I've never worn the sleeves. What are they like on hot days? I always think they'd get hot and sticky!

14

#75 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3013

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:39 AM

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've never worn the sleeves. What are they like on hot days? I always think they'd get hot and sticky!

Just the opposite!  I wear them all summer long in 100*+ temps and I'm not hot or sticky whatsoever.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

15

#76 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 370

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:42 AM

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've never worn the sleeves. What are they like on hot days? I always think they'd get hot and sticky!

No problems in the heat. Not hot and sticky at all. If you get a breeze, then it feels amazing on the arms

16

#77 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 3013

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:46 AM

View Posttheboypinoy, on 10 October 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've never worn the sleeves. What are they like on hot days? I always think they'd get hot and sticky!

No problems in the heat. Not hot and sticky at all. If you get a breeze, then it feels amazing on the arms

+1
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

17

#78 hack2489

hack2489

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459550
  • Joined: 03/18/2017
  • Location:Northern NSW (Australia)
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:16 AM

Really good sunscreen that will last all day ... Serious. This stuff just stays on. You won't sweat it off!

https://surfmud.com



18

#79 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 10 October 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

View Posttheboypinoy, on 10 October 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

View PostDicka, on 09 October 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

I've never worn the sleeves. What are they like on hot days? I always think they'd get hot and sticky!

No problems in the heat. Not hot and sticky at all. If you get a breeze, then it feels amazing on the arms

+1

+2 and if you wet them a little bit when it starts to get hot, it really cools you down. they seem to stay cool for quite some time.
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP5
Vokey
Spider

19

#80 gambit

gambit

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
  • Joined: 01/14/2011
  • Location:Bay Area
GolfWRX Likes : 854

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

I love the Nike solar sleeves. They're tight for the first minute, like someone else said, but then I don't notice and I feel they actually keep me a bit cooler.

Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors