Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Solar Sleeves and other UV Clothing, What's Best IYO


66 replies to this topic

#1 jkumpire

jkumpire

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49243
  • Joined: 02/18/2008
  • Location:Nearest Baseball Field or Golf Course
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

In spite of every sunblock known to man, after a long career of umpiring and golf with very pale skin I am losing parts of my face, and only one or two minor spots on my arms. Thankfully they have only been basal cell carcinomas so far.

However, it is time for 'solar sleeves' at least, and something that can cover the neck but be somewhat cool if I can find it.

Since the last thread on this topic seemed to die last August, I thought I would start a new one, looking for product evaluations/suggestions for arm covers, and quality UV apparel, including good, high quality wide brimmed hats. There are so many options out on the market it's hard to find what are good ones and what aren't, especially when NIke closed out their line of sleeves late last year, or early this year.

What do you use, what have you found that works for you?

Thanks! :beach:

Edited by jkumpire, 14 May 2018 - 05:16 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

2

#3 Chomper

Chomper

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,065 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304871
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 377

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

N-rit solar sleeves
ShinyMod
Cool-tac

All work well, all last about 6-9 months. All on Amazon.

I am now getting comments about how tan my hand is v my arm. Great sun protection. Not as hot as you think, it is no problem in 100+ temps.

I pretty much don't play without sleeves any more, and haven't for 2+ years.

3

#4 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 2394

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

I had some sleeves made by a bicycle company that worked the best. They had yarn in the sleeves that made them cool when the wind would blow. Probably not as useful on the course as it is on the bike but still a nice feature when it got breezy.

4

#5 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
  • Joined: 05/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

Sleeves with wide brimmed hats are great.

On the LPGA, I think they use more of the shawl-style


5

#6 dbleag

dbleag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11778
  • Joined: 02/12/2006
  • Location:USA
GolfWRX Likes : 985

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

SunDay hats are pretty effective at sun blockage and are very lightweight.

6

#7 larryw

larryw

    lov_betti

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208887
  • Joined: 10/27/2012
  • Location:Austin, Tx
  • Handicap:3.6
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Elixir

On Amazon 4 or 8 pair for around $3 a pair. They are light weight (better than the Nike) and the hotter it gets the cooler they feel - if there is any wind blowing at all. I have tried several types and these are the best for me.
TM R1 driver
Mizuno JPX 850 3W
Mizuno JPX850 19, hybrid
Callaway CR16 4-pw irons
Ping Tour-W 56/14 SW
Mizuno MP-T5 52/09, 58/08 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

7

#8 03trdblack

03trdblack

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3549
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
  • Location:Wake Forest, NC
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 772

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Columbia Freezer zero arm sleeves are the set I use.  Very thin and cool feeling, love them.

8

#9 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

View Postlarryw, on 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Elixir

On Amazon 4 or 8 pair for around $3 a pair. They are light weight (better than the Nike) and the hotter it gets the cooler they feel - if there is any wind blowing at all. I have tried several types and these are the best for me.

How long do they last for you? Look pretty nice and a hell of a lot cheaper than Nike.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

9

#10 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1074

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

I use long sleeve solid color fishing shirts under my polo. They are lightweight and not too warm to me.  Lots of good brands. I get Denali Performance. You can also jazz it up with a pattern as long as you like fish stuff.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 icemakr

icemakr

    Advanced

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355
  • Joined: 04/26/2005
  • Location:Nor Cal
  • Ebay ID:Icemakr
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:32 AM

Coolibar has great UV protection gear

Not the cheapest but good quality

Be safe, get your skin checked by a dermatologist

✌🏼

Edited by icemakr, 15 May 2018 - 12:33 AM.

MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"
OG wrxer (check my member #)
Cobra F8 9.5*d with Oban Kiyoshi Black 55 R
Cobra F8+ 4w 16* w PX Evenflow 65R
Cobra Oversized 19* Recoil 85R
Cobra F8 SL w/Nippon Modus 130g R+
Cobra Black Forged 50*, 54*, 58*, 62*
Tour issue 2ball 32", 78* lie, 420gram head, 100 gram backweight

11

#12 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,444 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 5049

Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:06 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

View Postlarryw, on 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Elixir

On Amazon 4 or 8 pair for around $3 a pair. They are light weight (better than the Nike) and the hotter it gets the cooler they feel - if there is any wind blowing at all. I have tried several types and these are the best for me.

How long do they last for you? Look pretty nice and a hell of a lot cheaper than Nike.

IMO the Nike ones are much higher quality.

Edited by Warrick, 15 May 2018 - 11:01 AM.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Rogue SZ 3W - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White 90
MP Fli-Hi/919T Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
O-Works Black 7s Tank
TM TP5X

12

#13 North Butte

North Butte

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
  • Joined: 05/09/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 6926

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

I use Tilley hats with the medium width brim and the mesh inserts for cooling. I can get about four years out of one if I really baby it with frequent hand washing and air drying.

I use the Eclipse brand sun sleeves bought via Amazon. They are dreadfully expensive (like $27/pair!) but one pair is 2-1/2 years old and the other nearly 2 years and both are still usable althougha but stretched out of shape now. Again, gentle cycle washing and don’t put them in the dryer.

I have a couple of UA neck gaiters but they are just too darned sweaty in the summer so I depend on sunscreen, hat and a turned up shirt collar to protect my neck.
Everything has its drawbacks, as the man said when his mother-in-law died, and they came down upon him for the funeral expenses.

13

#14 payerasjl

payerasjl

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 444444
  • Joined: 10/21/2016
  • Location:MIA-CLO
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

blue lizard sunblock 30 minutes before the round and right before i tee off. wide brim hats (titleist aussie style and similars) and any type of solar UV sleeve i find at the moment. have everything from cheap amazon ones to expensive nike ones and dont really find a big difference other than price.
CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
Get scratch or die trying

14

#15 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 22527

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

View Postlarryw, on 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Elixir

On Amazon 4 or 8 pair for around $3 a pair. They are light weight (better than the Nike) and the hotter it gets the cooler they feel - if there is any wind blowing at all. I have tried several types and these are the best for me.

How long do they last for you? Look pretty nice and a hell of a lot cheaper than Nike.

I buy a pair every season. I buy the white color, and they eventually get dirty. The fabric itself holds up quite well. On cooler days I'll wear a full Under Armor Heat Gear long sleeve base layer.

I wear a wide brim straw hat similar to the one worn by David Leadbetter.

Edited by Argonne69, 15 May 2018 - 11:39 AM.


15

#16 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5217

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
ordered one last week. I had two growths removed from the back of my neck this winter.
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Srixon 785's  w/G P MCC plus 4
Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace SNYPER II   46"
Oregon Ducks Bag

16

#17 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 15 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

View Post2putttom, on 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
ordered one last week. I had two growths removed from the back of my neck this winter.

I take some crap wearing that hat but it's never stopped me.  Most of the time the it's "are you going to or coming from the farm" or something to that effect.  It's comfortable to wear and never notice it on any swings at all.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

17

#18 jaredt22

jaredt22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477344
  • Joined: 08/02/2017
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

18 posts in, and no one has even mentioned the Phil Mickelson special (The Mizzen+Main long-sleeve dress shirt)? C'mon WRX!! :cheesy:

https://www.mizzenan.../phil-mickelson

18

#19 MakeItTrizzle

MakeItTrizzle

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 475200
  • Joined: 07/16/2017
  • Location:Washington, DC
  • Handicap:6.8
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

I have tattoos, so I always want to make sure they're well covered, and I have no complaints about the Nike solar sleeves I've been wearing for the past few years. I have pretty big biceps and they still don't slip down, which is a first for the ones I've tried.
Ask me about my punch draw

19

#20 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 5217

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

View Postebrasmus21, on 15 May 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

View Post2putttom, on 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
ordered one last week. I had two growths removed from the back of my neck this winter.

I take some crap wearing that hat but it's never stopped me.  Most of the time the it's "are you going to or coming from the farm" or something to that effect.  It's comfortable to wear and never notice it on any swings at all.
lemme tell ya as a cancer survivor I take this shyt seriously !  Any half witted numb skull who thinks protection from the one thing that can kill us is for weak sissies can stick a one fifty watt light bulb up their a** and smile.

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Srixon 785's  w/G P MCC plus 4
Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace SNYPER II   46"
Oregon Ducks Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

View Post2putttom, on 15 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 15 May 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

View Post2putttom, on 15 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

View Postebrasmus21, on 14 May 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I've been using Nike Solar Sleeves for over a year now.  They work very well IMO because I'm pretty pale as well and my arms never get burnt wearing them.  To be fair I haven't used any other brands but I believe there are several others.  The Nike sleeves I have are very good and I think they help me stay cool as well.  

I also wear one of these in the summer:

Posted Image
ordered one last week. I had two growths removed from the back of my neck this winter.

I take some crap wearing that hat but it's never stopped me.  Most of the time the it's "are you going to or coming from the farm" or something to that effect.  It's comfortable to wear and never notice it on any swings at all.
lemme tell ya as a cancer survivor I take this shyt seriously !  Any half witted numb skull who thinks protection from the one thing that can kill us is for weak sissies can stick a one fifty watt light bulb up their a** and smile.

Agreed.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

21

#22 jkumpire

jkumpire

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49243
  • Joined: 02/18/2008
  • Location:Nearest Baseball Field or Golf Course
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:38 AM

Interesting find yesterday,

I had time to kill before a baseball game yesterday and I walked into a Dick's Sporting Goods shop for the last time (yes, I will not buy from there, except in this case). I only intended to see what solar sleeves they had and try a set on, then the store clerk helping me discovered they were selling out the Nike Blue solar sleeves. the price was already under $20 for them so I took it up to the register and I paid $5 for them.

I feel guilty for buying them, but it was a good deal. You might want to see if you local store is doing the same thing.

22

#23 kmbean

kmbean

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25810
  • Joined: 02/21/2007
  • Location:Chicago, IL
  • Ebay ID:stubins
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

Just had my cousIn lose a friend at 36 to Melanoma.  Be careful and cover up friends.

Edited by kmbean, 17 May 2018 - 03:50 PM.


23

#24 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

Nike solar sleeves and Nike large brimmed hat are the ticket for me.
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP5
Vokey
Spider

24

#25 CELTIC

CELTIC

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 389926
  • Joined: 08/06/2015
  • Handicap:16.4
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

My hats are from https://www.sundayafternoons.com

My shirts are from https://www.sansolei...Styles_c_1.html

My pants are from http://www.patagonia...-sun-protection

Not cheap stuff but absolutely worth it.

Driver - TaylorMade M2
3 Wood - Mizuno JPX
Irons 4 - PW - Calloway Apex CF16
48, 52, 56, 58 Vokey. 10,12,14,12
Putter - Odyssey O-works 7s

25

#26 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostCELTIC, on 16 May 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

My hats are from https://www.sundayafternoons.com

My shirts are from https://www.sansolei...Styles_c_1.html

My pants are from http://www.patagonia...-sun-protection

Not cheap stuff but absolutely worth it.

Thanks for sharing!
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

26

#27 dam276

dam276

    I shoulda yelled two

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28591
  • Joined: 05/04/2007
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

I’ve got 3 of these and use them at the beach as well as the course:

https://www.imperial...01-sun-protech/

Have found them for sale at courses from time to time logo’d as well.
Callaway GBB Epic 9* (Accra FX260 M4)
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3W HL (Kaili 80X)
Callaway Epic 5W (Kaili 70X)
TaylorMade Rescue 11 3 & 4 (NV 85X)
Titleist 714MB 5-PW (PX 6.0)
Titleist SM7 50* F & 54* F (PX 5.5)
Titleist SM7 60* L (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0)
Lajosi XP3

27

#28 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1074

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!
Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

28

#29 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 2694

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!

Are these sunscreens full of the parobens or whatever those chemicals are that are bad?  I use sunscreen every time I play but my understanding is that not all are created equal and that some might even be harmful.
Cobra F7+ - Copperhead 70TX
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

29

#30 ThinkingPlus

ThinkingPlus

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449758
  • Joined: 12/24/2016
  • Location:South Texas
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1074

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 17 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostThinkingPlus, on 17 May 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Let me add a sunscreen recommendation as well.  Blue Lizard is always excellent, but I have migrated to Australian Gold Botanical as my go to sunscreen.  The regular SPF 50 version simply does not come off and seems to protect very well.  The SPF 50 face formulation works fantastic as well, but unless some of you guys trend metro the matte tint might challenge your manhood. LOL!

Are these sunscreens full of the parobens or whatever those chemicals are that are bad?  I use sunscreen every time I play but my understanding is that not all are created equal and that some might even be harmful.
Active ingredients are Ti oxide and Zinc oxide.  I am pretty sure no avobenzone, oxyacrilate, etc... (the bad stuff in the cheap sunscreens that turns your whites to yellow) are used.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
Irons: Maltby DBM 5i w/TT XP95 R-flex, Callaway Apex 6i - AW w/UST Recoil 680 F4
Sand Wedge: Mizuno S5 54/08 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM5 58/07 w/True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors