Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

LPGA Kingsmill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hdr_ric

hdr_ric

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323261
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 539

Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Anyone going this week?  Weather does not look promising at all.

I am planning to take my kids down for the day Friday from Richmond, pending the forecast.  Took my daughter last year and she had a blast.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Stooch

Stooch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481884
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, lightning in the forecast each day isn't a good thing.  If the course is draining well you can play through rain but you can't play with the electricity in the air.  This looks like it could be another sprint that they are hoping to get 36 holes done.

#3 KBong

KBong

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434478
GolfWRX Likes : 604

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

Don't want to thread jack....just didn't want to start a new thread on this.
Did anyone notice this past weekend at The Players Championship....that Gary Matthews was back on the PGA tour on Schwartzel's bag and Jason Hamilton was on Danny Lee's bag...I guess no one warned them of Tina's wrath. :taunt:

And both are looping for pros that have Lydia's current and past sponsor's....Charl (PXG) & Danny (Callaway).

Why Matthews left the PGA to go to the LPGA (Lydia) is beyond me.....in addition to their usual weekly per diem....and a typical caddie payout for a top 10 is 7%.....Matthews made approx....$57,500 off of Charl's T2 result.

#4 nosil

nosil

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7992
GolfWRX Likes : 206

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

I will be there all week;  I am one of the walking scorers.  The first set of thunderstorms is coming through as I type this with most of the tournament week scheduled to have rain.

#5 ClairefromClare

ClairefromClare

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62374
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

View Postnosil, on 14 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

I will be there all week;  I am one of the walking scorers.  The first set of thunderstorms is coming through as I type this with most of the tournament week scheduled to have rain.

Best of luck with that.  Walking scorer is the best job at an event.

Years ago, I got to be standard bearer for nine miserable holes in mid-40s and rain before they called play for the day.  Nothing could keep the rain off the arm holding up the standard--it was as wet and cold as I've been in my life.  Ai Miyazato was in the group, and she still had the usual panoply of photographers.

#6 tbowles411

tbowles411

Tiger and Phil friendly: The Apocalypse is upon us..

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,969 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5892

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostClairefromClare, on 15 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

View Postnosil, on 14 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Best of luck with that.  Walking scorer is the best job at an event.

Years ago, I got to be standard bearer for nine miserable holes in mid-40s and rain before they called play for the day.  Nothing could keep the rain off the arm holding up the standard--it was as wet and cold as I've been in my life.  Ai Miyazato was in the group, and she still had the usual panoply of photographers.
I'm totally going to call you out for using big words...  :cheesy:
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault Oslo
Ball: Titelist AVX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors