Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Man, did I stink up the course yesterday

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 om18v

om18v

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384268
  • Handicap:99+
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

It was Mothers day and my wife reminded me it was on that day a few years ago I took her out on the course the first time.  She is not a player, just likes to go for a ride and look at the scenery and wildlife on a track that winds through the woods.  It was a beautiful day although hot.

Course was wide open with few players.  First tee shot down the middle around 230 yards.  Not bad I say to myself as we ride up to my K3 (Kirkland 3 piece).  Would have been nice if the rest of the day was like that.  This particular K3 has been my pal for the last two rounds.  It saw lots of areas of another course but always remained in play.  Too bad on this day it sailed off into the woods on the next tee.  Well, I pull another out of the bag and hit a beautiful shot and bogeyed the hole with a one putt.  Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good.  Spending time with the wife, enjoying a nice day on a course with no homes along the fairways.  Just so peaceful.

Next hole, short par 3.  Grab the pitching wedge and tee up that second K3 and proceed to hit it short right into a tree and it drops into the swamp.  OK, fight off those negative thoughts, keep your head and go find your ball.  My wife spotted it like a bloodhound from the bridge that crosses over the marshy area.  Retrieve the K3, drop it and chip onto the green.  This is just a practice round, not really keeping score.

Next hole, par 4.  Tee up that second K3 again and I creamed it.  I mean who is this guy kind of tee shot.  I hit this ball so well, it rolled into the water ahead.  Drat.  Can you believe that?  Shot placement was perfect.  Just never hit the ball so well that I reached the water before.  Sigh, get K3 number three out of the bag, drop and move on.

K3 number three lasted exactly one and a half holes before it was cast off into the land of snakes and gators.  I'm still on the front nine mind you.  Three K3's are gone along with any resemblance of a golf swing.   Finished the front nine with a ball I found along the way. Stopped at the turn for bathroom break and a cold lemonade.  Maybe I should have went for the warm beer they serve.

Poorly played a few more holes on the back nine before quitting.  Overall the game was really stinko but had a great few hours with my wife of 34 years as of last Saturday the 12th and she enjoyed the pleasantness of being out in a park like setting.  Sometimes golf is just golf but a companion for life is like an eagle on every hole.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Neverfadeaway86

Neverfadeaway86

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453560
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

just take it for what it's worth, it was a nice day spent with your wife. She actually went with you to do something you enjoy. My wife likes to go drive the cart and watch me play sometimes to and even though I usually play better other times I certainly enjoy the rounds more when she is with me
Au revoir, gopher !

Driver: Titleist 913 D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 15 degree

3 Hybrid Ping I20 20 degree
4 Hybrid: Ping G25 23 degree
5-Gap Wedge: Ping G30
Sand Wedge: Ping Glide 56 degree
Lob Wedge: Ping Glide 60 degree
Putter: Lynx Black Cat BC3 center shaft

#3 Conrad1953

Conrad1953

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,080 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66402
  • Ebay ID:cobicreations
GolfWRX Likes : 48148

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

Totally agree! We get older...........and a little wiser. Glad you had a great day with your bride of 34 years.

#4 SixtySomePing

SixtySomePing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144465
GolfWRX Likes : 17179

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:42 AM

Good for you for seeing the big picture. Congrats for your 34 years. You may have stunk up the course, but you stopped and smelled the roses when all is said and done.
Outlaw Golf Association #11
Linked Division

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors