Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Putting form - juniors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hangontight

hangontight

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Need some advice on how to help get my junior to putt with eyes over ball (or just inside).   He putts very upright and eyes are WAY inside the ball.  This has become problematic and mid to short putting has suffered.  Putter is average length for his height based on USK spec.  I know that putting is all about feel and I am not trying to overhaul his style ,  but I know he can make more of those 10’u birdie putts if he can get set up better.  

Anyone have any tricks that have helped?

Edited by hangontight, 13 May 2018 - 02:19 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 1379

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:29 PM

View Posthangontight, on 13 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Need some advice on how to help get my junior to putt with eyes over ball (or just inside).   He putts very upright and eyes are WAY inside the ball.  This has become problematic and mid to short putting has suffered.  Putter is average length for his height based on USK spec.  I know that putting is all about feel and I am not trying to overhaul his style ,  but I know he can make more of those 10’u birdie putts if he can get set up better.  

Anyone have any tricks that have helped?

Attached File  IMG_1526250534.809789.jpg   341.48K   8 downloads

#3 hangontight

hangontight

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477968
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Got that, didn’t work. Haha!  Further note , he is 7.  Like a lot of the younger kids, responds best to instruction “drills”  that in a way forces him to do something- eg two ball drill to hit down , or placing headcovers on ground for swing path.  I’me usually great at coming up with something , but am struggling on the putting form.

Edited by hangontight, 13 May 2018 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors