Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Independent contractor issues...looking for advice

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chief2891

chief2891

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40076
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:15 PM

Hey fellow Wrx's,

I've been having some issues with a contractor I hired for a siding job. 1st time homeowner here and I'm starting think I went about this process all wrong. We have a civil contract he put together, which describes his scope of work to be completed, color of siding, and money that was exchanged but no completion date (he verbally told me 5-7 days). Long story short, we've had 3 different start dates in which he didn't show or call. He finally showed up 2 weeks ago (on 4/30). From 4/30-5/12, there have been 5 no call/no show days. When he does show, he works anywhere from 1.5-5 hours. He doesn't answer his phone, only communicates via text message. On multiple occasions he has texted and said he would be here from 9-5 until the job was finished but fails to show up. He's even gone on to say it would be completed by Friday 5/11, but the job is less than 1/2 done. He has been paid more than 1/2 of the total amount, but there are no materials here on site. On top of that, he purchased the wrong color siding (I have not confronted him about this yet). I'm looking for some legal advice. If I were to fire him, would I be out all the money he has been paid to this point (even though its the wrong color), and would I owe him the remaining balance? Do I have any other options, or am I screwed at this point? Thanks in advance.

G30 LS 9* Oban Kiyoshi black
15* TEE XCG Fujikura Motore F3
19* 909H Fujikura Rombax
Searching
52* 56* 60* Vokey KBS
Lajosi V201 CS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors