Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

JGANC only rule question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrshinsa

mrshinsa

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476520
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

Got a quick rules question, related to an incident last weekend at the Junior World Qualifier.  

If a player sets up to putt on the green, and he touches the ball while addressing and proceeds to putt and holes the putt, what is the appropriate steps?

Does he:
1.  Take one stroke for touching while addressing, and one stroke for the actual putt, for a total of two putts?
2.  Take one stroke for touching while addressing, and one stroke for not replacing the ball to the original location, for total of two stroke penalty and replace the ball in the original location and attempt to putt again?
3.  Simply replace the ball at the original location without taking any penalty, and replay the putt?

US KIDS recently introuduced a new rule, which allows #3.  
United States Golf Association (USGA) also introuduced a new rule which allows #3.
https://www.youtube....h?v=vTWI8t6702c

I've not read anything from JGANC about it, so I"m confused as to which .

Any thoughts?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 wildcatden

wildcatden

China Cat Sunflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481904
GolfWRX Likes : 535

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

I think I would ask over here:  http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/50-rules-of-golf-and-etiquette/

#3 mrshinsa

mrshinsa

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476520
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

View Postwildcatden, on 10 May 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think I would ask over here:  http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/50-rules-of-golf-and-etiquette/

Yes, I agree.

However, in general I've found US Kids rules to be slightly different than USGA rules.
For example, one player was allowed to lay an alignment stick next to him while hitting.

I'm under the assumption that JGANC is different still..

Edited by mrshinsa, 10 May 2018 - 05:18 PM.

#4 leezer99

leezer99

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 779

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

If there was no intent (accidental movement) then they'd replace the ball and putt out.  If they don't replace the ball they'd get a penalty for playing a ball out of position and receive a two stroke penalty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors