Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

ClubCorp Travel Membership...any thoughts???

clubcorp membership

65 replies to this topic

#31 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 27 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostRobYakes, on 26 June 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostGeorgeL, on 26 June 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I contacted them about this promotion and was disappointed to find out that you can use it for one guest, once a month during July and August. So basically one buddy a month total. Still better than nothing. The membership is still a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up GeorgeL! Much appreciated

still it is a good deal.  I equally share the green fees with my buddies.  For example, @ a club in CA, the cart fee is $15 and the green fee is $100.  So the total is $315.  Then I go 4 way ($78.75).  In July & August, it goes down to $230 total and $57.50 each.  Winner for everyone.

Edited by flushem, 27 June 2018 - 12:29 PM.

WWG1 WGA

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 defnotapro

defnotapro

    TravelingGolfSticks.com

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413146
  • Joined: 02/22/2016
  • Location:TX
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:jdpelz
GolfWRX Likes : 104

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

View Postflushem, on 27 June 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

View PostRobYakes, on 26 June 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

View PostGeorgeL, on 26 June 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

I contacted them about this promotion and was disappointed to find out that you can use it for one guest, once a month during July and August. So basically one buddy a month total. Still better than nothing. The membership is still a great deal.

Thanks for the heads up GeorgeL! Much appreciated

still it is a good deal.  I equally share the green fees with my buddies.  For example, @ a club in CA, the cart fee is $15 and the green fee is $100.  So the total is $315.  Then I go 4 way ($78.75).  In July & August, it goes down to $230 total and $57.50 each.  Winner for everyone.

I used to do this until I convinced my buddies to join as well, saving us all money.  7-8 rounds a year it will pay for itself.
www.TravelingGolfSticks.com

2

#33 jshel

jshel

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17037
  • Joined: 07/27/2006
  • Location:Minneapolis, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

I have done the ClubCorp travel program for a little more than two years. I think it is very solid.

I have parents who live in AZ and I use it a bunch down there. I travel some for work and have used it on the road. Sometimes you have a free night on the road and the idea of an evening round (even if you can’t finish) is great. When you only have to pay a cart fee and you’re at a private club, I’m more likely to do that than find a public course where there might be a league or something.

I think it’s pretty easy to get north of $1000 of value. I have probably played eight or so rounds already this year and have another one booked in a couple of weeks.

It’s almost too good to be true.
Driver: Ping G400, 9.5, Ping Tour shaft
3W: Ping G400, Ping Tour shaft
Hybrid: Callaway XR 19 degree
Irons: Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 4-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee 8 is the most likely option

3

#34 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

View Postbaddomes, on 27 June 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

The other thing to note for the guest promo is that it only applies at ClubCorp owned courses.  Doesn't work at affiliates (like Bedford Springs, for example).

Thanks for the heads up Domes. Could have been bad news if I had any of my buddies actually want to come to Pinehurst with me for a week in August. I'd get on #9 for $35 and they'd just get pissed.
M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

4

#35 theebdk

theebdk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119507
  • Joined: 12/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for the Washington DC advice.  Played River Creek last weekend in the poring rain.  Nice track and the houses do not get in the way much but the 5 holes along the Potomac were awesome. Then played Norbeck but on the ninth hole a lightning storm hit so we had to call the round.  Loved the front nine and will have to get back there soon.  I enjoy the old school courses without homes.

Up next is vacation in Hawaii.  We are playing Royal Hawaiian near Honolulu.  I played it last year during a work visit and it was $160.  I am paying $25 cart fee this year for me and the wife and our son will be charged the guest fee.  Here is a picture and it truly is in a jungle, hope a dozen balls is enough.RH-18_HP.jpg

And after golf our free meal at the Plaza Club.


5

#36 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

View Posttheebdk, on 27 July 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

Thanks for the Washington DC advice.  Played River Creek last weekend in the poring rain.  Nice track and the houses do not get in the way much but the 5 holes along the Potomac were awesome. Then played Norbeck but on the ninth hole a lightning storm hit so we had to call the round.  Loved the front nine and will have to get back there soon.  I enjoy the old school courses without homes.

Up next is vacation in Hawaii.  We are playing Royal Hawaiian near Honolulu.  I played it last year during a work visit and it was $160.  I am paying $25 cart fee this year for me and the wife and our son will be charged the guest fee.  Here is a picture and it truly is in a jungle, hope a dozen balls is enough.Attachment RH-18_HP.jpg

And after golf our free meal at the Plaza Club.

you should have registered your wife to CCT.  Then she gets the full CCT membership benefit.

Royal Hawaiian (used to be Luana Hills) absolutely is stunning place.
WWG1 WGA

6

#37 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

View Postflushem, on 27 July 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Royal Hawaiian (used to be Luana Hills) absolutely is stunning place.

My younger brother is a teaching pro up in Northern CA and I remember years ago he and my dad played Luana Hills on a family vacation. His handicap was probably low single digits at the time and he said it was both the most beautiful and most ridiculously frustrating course he'd ever played. "They cut the whole thing thru the rain forest!!!" Haha
M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

7

#38 briggek8717

briggek8717

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258950
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Handicap:0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

FYI, if you live in one of the following states, it is only $25/month.  One of the very few benefits of living in these states (I live in one of them)

Iowa
Minnesota
Montana
North Dakota
South Dakota
Utah
Wyoming


I've had CCT for about a year and have gotten good value out of it playing Bear's Best in Vegas and Royal Hawaiian twice while in Oahu.  Planning on playing Dunes at Maui Lani in a little over a week.  Had a couple of other rounds planned, but they fell through due to weather or events at the course I wanted to play while I was traveling.  

At $50/month, it might be a little harder for me to justify, but at $25, it is a no-brainer.

8

#39 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostRobYakes, on 31 July 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

View Postflushem, on 27 July 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Royal Hawaiian (used to be Luana Hills) absolutely is stunning place.

My younger brother is a teaching pro up in Northern CA and I remember years ago he and my dad played Luana Hills on a family vacation. His handicap was probably low single digits at the time and he said it was both the most beautiful and most ridiculously frustrating course he'd ever played. "They cut the whole thing thru the rain forest!!!" Haha

it is like driving through jurassic park.  No wonder they have motor golf cart.  No Electric cart can handle the distance and hills.  

Brilliant but ridiculous Pete Dye design.  Some views are breathtaking.  Like theebdk said, bring lotta balls. the course will swallow them like there is no tomorrow.
WWG1 WGA

9

#40 theebdk

theebdk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119507
  • Joined: 12/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Just got back from playing Royal Hawaiian. $25 for my wife and me.  $160 for my son plus $25 rider fee for my daughter as she does not play golf.  We bought plenty of stuff in the pro shop and had a few drinks and appetizers after the round, so they did alright.  Fun jungle course and we all lost a number of balls.20180803_131543.jpg


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

View Posttheebdk, on 06 August 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Just got back from playing Royal Hawaiian. $25 for my wife and me.  $160 for my son plus $25 rider fee for my daughter as she does not play golf.  We bought plenty of stuff in the pro shop and had a few drinks and appetizers after the round, so they did alright.  Fun jungle course and we all lost a number of balls.Attachment 20180803_131543.jpg

I wanna go back there and donate a dozen of balls or more!  One course I never forget.
WWG1 WGA

11

#42 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Played Pinehurst No. 9 today for the first time. $35 with cart thanks to CCT. Beautiful course, but Jack Nicklaus isnít too friendly to lefty faders like myself, one dogleg left on the whole course. Still had a blast and nobody was on it.

No idea why the mobile site uploads photos sideways...

CEC3AEE3-AC98-49BE-950A-E20EA1D5AC8C.jpeg

36645714-50A8-43F4-8043-9645A77F6DB4.jpeg


M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

12

#43 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostRobYakes, on 06 August 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Played Pinehurst No. 9 today for the first time. $35 with cart thanks to CCT. Beautiful course, but Jack Nicklaus isn't too friendly to lefty faders like myself, one dogleg left on the whole course. Still had a blast and nobody was on it.

No idea why the mobile site uploads photos sideways...

Attachment CEC3AEE3-AC98-49BE-950A-E20EA1D5AC8C.jpeg

Attachment 36645714-50A8-43F4-8043-9645A77F6DB4.jpeg

RY,

is the second pic #9 or #18?  I was there on Mem day Sunday.  Had a blast.  

Not sure but #4 of #5 will be on CCT list soon.  Another road trip perhaps?
WWG1 WGA

13

#44 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

View Posttheebdk, on 06 August 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Just got back from playing Royal Hawaiian. $25 for my wife and me.  $160 for my son plus $25 rider fee for my daughter as she does not play golf.  We bought plenty of stuff in the pro shop and had a few drinks and appetizers after the round, so they did alright.  Fun jungle course and we all lost a number of balls.Attachment 20180803_131543.jpg

Did you game at neighboring course, Ko Olau?
WWG1 WGA

14

#45 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:23 PM

View Postflushem, on 06 August 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

RY,

is the second pic #9 or #18?  I was there on Mem day Sunday.  Had a blast.  

Not sure but #4 of #5 will be on CCT list soon.  Another road trip perhaps?

2nd pic is the closing hole (#18). Where'd you hear that? I'd be down here once a month if they put #4 on CCT. Gil Hanse just re-did it and it's set to re-open end of September. Supposed to "rival" No. 2 as their next best. I've heard mixed reviews of Ellis Maples' No. 5 though. A lot of people say it just doesn't vibe with the others and is the least popular of the full-length Pinehurst courses (No. 1 & No. 3 being the "shorter" ones).

What am I saying though, if I could get 4-6 rounds per month for just the cart fee at Pinehurst, I'm doing a weekend here 12 times a year, haha. I'm slated to play Tobacco Road tomorrow, Pine Needles Wed., Dormie Club Thurs., and #9 again Friday to round out the trip.

M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

15

#46 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

View PostRobYakes, on 06 August 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

View Postflushem, on 06 August 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

RY,

is the second pic #9 or #18?  I was there on Mem day Sunday.  Had a blast.  

Not sure but #4 of #5 will be on CCT list soon.  Another road trip perhaps?

2nd pic is the closing hole (#18). Where'd you hear that? I'd be down here once a month if they put #4 on CCT. Gil Hanse just re-did it and it's set to re-open end of September. Supposed to "rival" No. 2 as their next best. I've heard mixed reviews of Ellis Maples' No. 5 though. A lot of people say it just doesn't vibe with the others and is the least popular of the full-length Pinehurst courses (No. 1 & No. 3 being the "shorter" ones).

What am I saying though, if I could get 4-6 rounds per month for just the cart fee at Pinehurst, I'm doing a weekend here 12 times a year, haha. I'm slated to play Tobacco Road tomorrow, Pine Needles Wed., Dormie Club Thurs., and #9 again Friday to round out the trip.

it is Hanse's redone course.  It was on email newsletter from CCT.  If you dont mind, PM me your email.  I will forward it to you.

Wow, what a life you have.  Take plenty of pix and post them.  I heard good thing about Tobacco Road.
WWG1 WGA

16

#47 baddomes

baddomes

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291683
  • Joined: 01/13/2014
  • Location:Washington DC
GolfWRX Likes : 10592

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

View Postflushem, on 07 August 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

View PostRobYakes, on 06 August 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

View Postflushem, on 06 August 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

RY,

is the second pic #9 or #18?  I was there on Mem day Sunday.  Had a blast.  

Not sure but #4 of #5 will be on CCT list soon.  Another road trip perhaps?

2nd pic is the closing hole (#18). Where'd you hear that? I'd be down here once a month if they put #4 on CCT. Gil Hanse just re-did it and it's set to re-open end of September. Supposed to "rival" No. 2 as their next best. I've heard mixed reviews of Ellis Maples' No. 5 though. A lot of people say it just doesn't vibe with the others and is the least popular of the full-length Pinehurst courses (No. 1 & No. 3 being the "shorter" ones).

What am I saying though, if I could get 4-6 rounds per month for just the cart fee at Pinehurst, I'm doing a weekend here 12 times a year, haha. I'm slated to play Tobacco Road tomorrow, Pine Needles Wed., Dormie Club Thurs., and #9 again Friday to round out the trip.

it is Hanse's redone course.  It was on email newsletter from CCT.  If you dont mind, PM me your email.  I will forward it to you.

Wow, what a life you have.  Take plenty of pix and post them.  I heard good thing about Tobacco Road.

I got one from ClubCorp about the reopening of #4, and 20% off select packages at Pinehurst, but it doesn't say anything about #4 being added to the "roster" of cart fee only courses.  Is that the email you have?

17

#48 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

View Postbaddomes, on 07 August 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

View Postflushem, on 07 August 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

View PostRobYakes, on 06 August 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

View Postflushem, on 06 August 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

RY,

is the second pic #9 or #18?  I was there on Mem day Sunday.  Had a blast.  

Not sure but #4 of #5 will be on CCT list soon.  Another road trip perhaps?

2nd pic is the closing hole (#18). Where'd you hear that? I'd be down here once a month if they put #4 on CCT. Gil Hanse just re-did it and it's set to re-open end of September. Supposed to "rival" No. 2 as their next best. I've heard mixed reviews of Ellis Maples' No. 5 though. A lot of people say it just doesn't vibe with the others and is the least popular of the full-length Pinehurst courses (No. 1 & No. 3 being the "shorter" ones).

What am I saying though, if I could get 4-6 rounds per month for just the cart fee at Pinehurst, I'm doing a weekend here 12 times a year, haha. I'm slated to play Tobacco Road tomorrow, Pine Needles Wed., Dormie Club Thurs., and #9 again Friday to round out the trip.

it is Hanse's redone course.  It was on email newsletter from CCT.  If you dont mind, PM me your email.  I will forward it to you.

Wow, what a life you have.  Take plenty of pix and post them.  I heard good thing about Tobacco Road.

I got one from ClubCorp about the reopening of #4, and 20% off select packages at Pinehurst, but it doesn't say anything about #4 being added to the "roster" of cart fee only courses.  Is that the email you have?

i think you are right.  Nothing about #4 being on the roster.  I misunderstood.
WWG1 WGA

18

#49 baddomes

baddomes

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291683
  • Joined: 01/13/2014
  • Location:Washington DC
GolfWRX Likes : 10592

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Would have been crazy if #4 was cart fee only.  

It was cart fee only on #7 in 2016.  Then they moved it to #9 the year afterwards.  It'd be cool if they kept rotating the off-property courses.

19

#50 flushem

flushem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39708
  • Joined: 09/21/2007
  • Location:SoQal
  • Handicap:14.2
GolfWRX Likes : 284

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

View Postbaddomes, on 07 August 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Would have been crazy if #4 was cart fee only.  

It was cart fee only on #7 in 2016.  Then they moved it to #9 the year afterwards.  It'd be cool if they kept rotating the off-property courses.

I agree.  But, not that it matters to me living on the other side of the country.

WWG1 WGA

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 markinnc

markinnc

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491064
  • Joined: 01/16/2018
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:02 PM

All: I am a CCT member and Pinehurst Member. Elephants will fly before #4 would be available to CCT members as a Sig Gold Course. Lets just be thankful #9 is for the time being.

21

#52 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Markinnc, how would you rank 5/6/7/8 at Pinehurst? I could see CCT offering #5 but definitely hoping they keep offering #9 as itís a fun one.
M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

22

#53 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

Quick update, played Seabrook Island Club near Charleston, SC in early December when down there for my buddyís wedding and loved it. Great shape and super nice club, would imagine itís the best deal on CCT in the greater Charleston area.
F28A4706-8DA2-4638-BD2D-64133610F753.jpeg
M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

23

#54 tjblue

tjblue

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 288705
  • Joined: 12/23/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:43 PM

View PostRobYakes, on 09 January 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

Quick update, played Seabrook Island Club near Charleston, SC in early December when down there for my buddy's wedding and loved it. Great shape and super nice club, would imagine it's the best deal on CCT in the greater Charleston area.
Attachment F28A4706-8DA2-4638-BD2D-64133610F753.jpeg

Played the Ocean winds course over thanksgiving. For the price it was a steal but playing the Ocean course at Kiawah the day before, in 20 mile an hour winds, was even better. Ocean winds was nice but not in the same league as the Kiawah courses.

24

#55 shadymg

shadymg

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510468
  • Joined: 08/20/2018
  • Location:Long Beach, Ca
  • Handicap:+30
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:11 AM

can someone clarify something on this clubcorp i feel like i'm missing out. Does ClubCorp have this membership per month standalone? Or is it only if you are already an existing member at one of their other private clubs? I e-mailed them an inquiry last week but haven't heard back from them, but given i travel a lot it sounds like a too good to be true deal if it's just hte $35/mo deal


25

#56 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 2446

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

View Postshadymg, on 13 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

can someone clarify something on this clubcorp i feel like i'm missing out. Does ClubCorp have this membership per month standalone? Or is it only if you are already an existing member at one of their other private clubs? I e-mailed them an inquiry last week but haven't heard back from them, but given i travel a lot it sounds like a too good to be true deal if it's just hte $35/mo deal

You do not have to be member at a ClubCorp course. Know several people who are stand alone members but they pay $600 or $50 per month.

26

#57 Miker20890

Miker20890

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 403590
  • Joined: 11/21/2015
  • Location:Va
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

View Postshadymg, on 13 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

can someone clarify something on this clubcorp i feel like i'm missing out. Does ClubCorp have this membership per month standalone? Or is it only if you are already an existing member at one of their other private clubs? I e-mailed them an inquiry last week but haven't heard back from them, but given i travel a lot it sounds like a too good to be true deal if it's just hte $35/mo deal

Like the post above me said, dont need to be a member at an actual course. $50 a month. Cant play any course in your hometown. I think its like a 100 mile radius. if you play when you travel its definitely worth it for just a cart fee ($25 ish) to play at a nice course.

27

#58 RobYakes

RobYakes

    So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460364
  • Joined: 03/24/2017
  • Location:Washington, D.C.
  • Handicap:4.5
  • Ebay ID:roberyeake-0
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostMiker20890, on 13 January 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

View Postshadymg, on 13 January 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

can someone clarify something on this clubcorp i feel like i'm missing out. Does ClubCorp have this membership per month standalone? Or is it only if you are already an existing member at one of their other private clubs? I e-mailed them an inquiry last week but haven't heard back from them, but given i travel a lot it sounds like a too good to be true deal if it's just hte $35/mo deal

Like the post above me said, dont need to be a member at an actual course. $50 a month. Cant play any course in your hometown. I think its like a 100 mile radius. if you play when you travel its definitely worth it for just a cart fee ($25 ish) to play at a nice course.

Itís 100 miles from your ďresidenceĒ. Some people Iíve heard have claimed other than their actual home and ClubCorp doesnít check, but I would imagine if youíre playing the same few courses twice every month they might catch on. Iíve had my CCT membership for almost a year now and love it. I pay $50/month plus cart fee wherever I play and have used it on most of my vacations and trips and have easily saved the $600 Iím paying per year in dues. Some of my favs so far are Omni Bedford Springs (Donald Ross & AW Tillinghast track, rack rate is $175 I paid $35), Hartefeld National, Seabrook Island Club, Pinehurst No. 9, and Greenbrier CC. Really helps when I go to see family in Los Angeles as thereís no good public courses in the area.
M4 9.5* Speeder Evo II 661X // M4 15* HZRDUS Black 6.5 // M4 18* HZRDUS Red 6.5 // JPX900 4-PW Modus 105S // MP-T5 50* & 54* AMT 2.0W // HI-TOE 58* AMT 2.0W // Bettinardi BB1

28

#59 bradski

bradski

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52232
  • Joined: 03/25/2008
  • Location:Utah from San Diego
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

So, living in Utah I could pay $25 per month and play coto de caza in orange county for like $30 dollars? Bears best for cart fee? How long are you committed for?

29

#60 OffTheDole

OffTheDole

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258568
  • Joined: 06/24/2013
  • Location:Jacksonville, FL
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:48 AM

View Postbradski, on 13 January 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

So, living in Utah I could pay $25 per month and play coto de caza in orange county for like $30 dollars? Bears best for cart fee? How long are you committed for?

Yes. From what I understand, the commitment is for a year.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with clubcorp, membership

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors