Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Advice on cracked driver - Where to warranty

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Circaflex

Circaflex

Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

Yesterday at the range, I noticed what looked to be a crack on the crown of my 2016 M2 Driver near the hosel and apparently searching the forums this is common among the M family woods. Now my question is, how should I go about getting this warrantied? I bought the head from a member here, who was acting as the middle man, and the head shipped directly from TaylorMade to me. I need to locate the paperwork, however I still have the tracking number from the PM here and it shows a lot of the information from Taylormade. This was purchased in Feb 2017. I called TM customer service and the options were press 1 for items bought directly from taylor made or the vault and option 2 was take it to the store you bought it at, if the store doesn't exist take it to a local authorized retailer and have them check it out and they will send it in if they can verify its within 2 years from purchase. The main thing I dont want to do, is screw the guy who set this deal up for me or the guy at TM who sent it to me. What would you guys recommend? Should I go to the local Roger Dunns and explain my story? My friend had an issue with a 2nd hand FW wood that cracked and Roger Dunn took care of him no questions asked, so I think that will be my best option?

I play a mish-mash of brands and am an avid Arccos user.
GHIN: 2719293

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 cardia10

cardia10

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 455

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:12 PM

I called TM directly with mine and they mailed straight to me.

#3 Circaflex

Circaflex

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

View Postcardia10, on 08 May 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Would it be advisable to tell them I purchased it from a TM Rep who mailed it to me, providing them with the tracking info that they can look up in their records? I guess that is my only concern, is how do I word this correctly to them.

#4 Judge Smales

Judge Smales

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98611
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

View PostCircaflex, on 08 May 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

View Postcardia10, on 08 May 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Would it be advisable to tell them I purchased it from a TM Rep who mailed it to me, providing them with the tracking info that they can look up in their records? I guess that is my only concern, is how do I word this correctly to them.

Just get them on the phone. Theyíll exchange it no problem. TM is usually pretty swift with these things.

Edited by Judge Smales, 08 May 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#5 kdog25

kdog25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85277
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

They also may direct you to an authorized retailer and ask that you go to a store. But as stated above just call them.

#6 lil'mike

lil'mike

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436656
  • Ebay ID:mrgolf2k
GolfWRX Likes : 196

Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

You could ask the guy you bought it from first and see what he says.  He might tell you to go directly thru TM or go thru him!

#7 cardia10

cardia10

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11435
GolfWRX Likes : 455

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

I basically just told them it was bought from authorized retailer but I wasnít very near one. The didnít ask too many questions. Have heard they will sometimes ask for a pic, but it was probably the easiest and most pleasant exchange I have ever had.

#8 eaglestan66

eaglestan66

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119273
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

You can go to an authorized Taylormade dealer (such as Dicks Sporting Goods) and they can file a warranty claim for you.
TM M4 10.5 Atmos TS Red 65S
Aeroburner TP 14° Matrix 70 Proto Stiff
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H1 21 ACCRA 85
Miura CB57 4-Pw Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Stiff
Miura 52 & 58 Black Series KBS 120 KM-350 putter

#9 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

I had the TPU inside a slot come out on an Adams XTD (exposing the inside of the head to dirt/dust) and TM directed me to an authorized dealer to start the claim process.  The driver was purchased new on clearance from an authorized dealer (Global) and was well within the warranty period.  TM refused to replace it saying it was only cosmetic and the store was unwilling to advocate for me or give me any contact info for TM to discuss/contest.  It wasn't until I tracked down the store's TM sales rep on LinkedIn and reached out to him that they reversed course and offered me a replacement.  I ended up with a '16 M2 as a replacement, which was nice, but it took 2.5 weeks and a fair bit of leg-work on my part to get it taken care of.  

It's good that others have had smooth exchanges, especially directly by mail, but I can offer at least one data point where the in-store process was not smooth at all.
Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* |  Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5*  |  Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5*  |  
Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 4h 22*  |  Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw  |  TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
Cobra King WideLow 56*  & 60* |  TT Dynamic Gold S200
Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter  |  35" Counterbalance
Ogio OZone Cart  |  Ogio Shredder Stand
  |  Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand

#10 Circaflex

Circaflex

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Called TM, they were super cool and just asked that I go to my local Roger Dunns so they could check out the club for any physical damage from abuse, they took my info down and will ship it to TM for me and call me when the replacement is in. Pretty easy process, they didn't even ask for proof of purchase or when I bought it, even offered me a loaner head.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 willboyrd

willboyrd

Pingsburgh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36550
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostIsleOfMan, on 09 May 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

I had the TPU inside a slot come out on an Adams XTD (exposing the inside of the head to dirt/dust) and TM directed me to an authorized dealer to start the claim process.  The driver was purchased new on clearance from an authorized dealer (Global) and was well within the warranty period.  TM refused to replace it saying it was only cosmetic and the store was unwilling to advocate for me or give me any contact info for TM to discuss/contest.  It wasn't until I tracked down the store's TM sales rep on LinkedIn and reached out to him that they reversed course and offered me a replacement.  I ended up with a '16 M2 as a replacement, which was nice, but it took 2.5 weeks and a fair bit of leg-work on my part to get it taken care of.  

It's good that others have had smooth exchanges, especially directly by mail, but I can offer at least one data point where the in-store process was not smooth at all.

Sounds you got a great deal. Lol
G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
G25 16.5* 4w VTS Black 7s
G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
Rogue Pro 4-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Spider Tour S 34'' SuperStroke Ultra Flatso

#12 IsleOfMan

IsleOfMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138830
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 555

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

View Postwillboyrd, on 13 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Absolutely a great deal... what wasn't great was the process and outside-the-box legwork required on my part to get ANYTHING was problematic and another data point for what otherwise seems to be mostly positive experience with TM customer service.  In my instance, the failures were evenly split between TM and my local PGASS.  A replacement, even if a 1:1 replacement for the original club, would have been preferable to all the run-around and time required.
Cobra King F8+ Driver 10.5* |  Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S
Cobra King F8 3/4w 14.5*  |  Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 5/6w 17.5*  |  
Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S
Cobra King F8 4h 22*  |  Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S
Cobra Bio Cell + 5i - Gw  |  TT Dynalite Gold XP S300
Cobra King WideLow 56*  & 60* |  TT Dynamic Gold S200
Cleveland TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB Putter  |  35" Counterbalance
Ogio OZone Cart  |  Ogio Shredder Stand
  |  Orlimar Pitch & Putt Stand

#13 KCCO

KCCO

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138532
GolfWRX Likes : 593

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

You can get a return authorization number from your pro shop (or any authorized TMAG retailer, I’m just comfortable with my pro shop) and just send back to taylomade, they will replace. Other option call TaylorMade and see what they have to say most likely they will tell you to send a head back and will be replaced with equal or greater head at time if they have no more....If you are worried about it not having a shaft just send back without it they’re not gonna go through the hassle of just sending it back to you, they will replace the head and send you a new head minus the shaft. Have gone through both routes.
Titleist 917 D3   Tour Spec Speeder
Titleist 917 F2   Tensei Orange
Titleist 818 H2   Tensei White
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
PXG Darkness 52/58    MCI-100 black
009 ProV1

#14 willboyrd

willboyrd

Pingsburgh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36550
GolfWRX Likes : 215

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostIsleOfMan, on 14 May 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

View Postwillboyrd, on 13 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Absolutely a great deal... what wasn't great was the process and outside-the-box legwork required on my part to get ANYTHING was problematic and another data point for what otherwise seems to be mostly positive experience with TM customer service.  In my instance, the failures were evenly split between TM and my local PGASS.  A replacement, even if a 1:1 replacement for the original club, would have been preferable to all the run-around and time required.

Unfortunately, golf OEM customer service departments are put in a bad position sometimes. I understand how it can be frustrating for you though.

I used to work in the Pro Shop of a big box sporting goods store and I could tell you stories about broken clubs brought in by customers that would make your jaw drop. I'm sure that pails in comparison to the things any customer service rep at any OEM has to hear for 8 hours a day.

At the end of the day, it often just pays to call a few times if you don't get a resolution that you feel is appropriate. Most times customer service departments in ANY industry operate under the dictum that most ppl will just take what they tell them and go on their way. Glad you got that crazy deal though, good for you!
G25 10.5* VTS Black 6s
G25 16.5* 4w VTS Black 7s
G25 20* 3h VTS Silver 8s
Rogue Pro 4-P Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Vokey SM7 50F, 54F, 58D Nippon Modus 120 Stiff
Spider Tour S 34'' SuperStroke Ultra Flatso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors