Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Project X T1100 Even Flow White


235 replies to this topic

#211 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

Played another 18 Tuesday late afternoon, in sweltering heat again, walking a course that was A LOT more hilly than I thought. All while wearing long pants because I came straight from work. I am happy to say that I did come to much better terms with the shaft, and got my desired flights back, most of the time.
What I noticed is that, much like the original HZRDUS T1100, tempo is really key for this shaft to do what you want it to do. Keep the acceleration up, you would be rewarded with what you were looking for. Even the slightest hiccup, driver with this shaft would mercilessly point out that you messed something up.

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#212 Johnny T

Johnny T

    Wait for me guys!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77624
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 1417

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

Finally had some time alone with the EF T1100.  

I did a driver shaft fitting this past winter and ended up in a 70ish gram stiff flex shaft playing 44" and a D4-5 swingweight.  That shaft has been very good for me and the heavier shaft and heavier swingweight haven't been an issue.  And the shorter length has really helped dispersion without sacrificing distance.  Basically I'm really happy with my current set-up and not looking to change.

I got the EF T1100 65 in 6.0.  I've typically gone with the 6.5 flex but after my fitting (and hitting multiple shafts in both flexes) and given my experience with the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 I decided to go with the 6.0.  I built it to play 44" and added lead tape to the head to get the swingweight up to a hair above D4 so it was close to my current build.  

The shaft keeps the feel of the Even Flow line...smooth, feel it load, yet stable.  I played a EF Blue last year and this shaft is definitely more stable but doesn't seem to sacrifice a ton of feel.  Maybe it was the heavier swingweight I built it at, but the shaft kicks like a mule.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.  I'm not a drawer of the ball and I certainly didn't get the EF T1100 to draw.  Decent swings were typically straight to a fade, which is pretty normal for me.  The bad swings though...watch out!  I was slicing the ball into another zip code!  Luckily those weren't all that frequent and I'll blame that on my crappy swing and not the equipment, as those kinds of results can happen with virtually any driver/shaft combo in my hands.  

The shaft definitely handled anything I threw at it, and much like the HZRDUS T1100, seemed to shine when you stepped on it.  Don't get me wrong, it was still good on those normal swings too.  The surprising part for me was the flight - it was much higher than I expected.  My driver is 10.5* and the flight with the EF T1100 was significantly higher than my current gamer.  I think the higher flight was costing me some distance because at times it looked like the ball was being dropped out of an airplane...bombs away!!  I'm going to play around with the adjustments and see if going to a lower loft with bring the flight down some.  Even with all that, I really like the shaft and am interested to see what a few adjustments will do for me.  I'm hoping they make a 75 gram 6.0 shaft in the works as I make like that a little more since it closer to what I have now.  Actually I hope they make a 85 gram version too as I think the shaft could be really nice in a fairway too.
Taylormade 2017 M1 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Cobra Fly Z+ 4-5w - Aldila Tour Blue 85
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Titleist 716 T-MB 4-PW - Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/54/58 - Project X LZ
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced

2

#213 ForTourUseOnly

ForTourUseOnly

    Twisty Oval Pivot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6929
  • Joined: 10/19/2005
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:+1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostJohnny T, on 07 July 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Finally had some time alone with the EF T1100.  

I did a driver shaft fitting this past winter and ended up in a 70ish gram stiff flex shaft playing 44" and a D4-5 swingweight.  That shaft has been very good for me and the heavier shaft and heavier swingweight haven't been an issue.  And the shorter length has really helped dispersion without sacrificing distance.  Basically I'm really happy with my current set-up and not looking to change.

I got the EF T1100 65 in 6.0.  I've typically gone with the 6.5 flex but after my fitting (and hitting multiple shafts in both flexes) and given my experience with the HZRDUS T1100 6.5 I decided to go with the 6.0.  I built it to play 44" and added lead tape to the head to get the swingweight up to a hair above D4 so it was close to my current build.  

The shaft keeps the feel of the Even Flow line...smooth, feel it load, yet stable.  I played a EF Blue last year and this shaft is definitely more stable but doesn't seem to sacrifice a ton of feel.  Maybe it was the heavier swingweight I built it at, but the shaft kicks like a mule.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO.  I'm not a drawer of the ball and I certainly didn't get the EF T1100 to draw.  Decent swings were typically straight to a fade, which is pretty normal for me.  The bad swings though...watch out!  I was slicing the ball into another zip code!  Luckily those weren't all that frequent and I'll blame that on my crappy swing and not the equipment, as those kinds of results can happen with virtually any driver/shaft combo in my hands.  

The shaft definitely handled anything I threw at it, and much like the HZRDUS T1100, seemed to shine when you stepped on it.  Don't get me wrong, it was still good on those normal swings too.  The surprising part for me was the flight - it was much higher than I expected.  My driver is 10.5* and the flight with the EF T1100 was significantly higher than my current gamer.  I think the higher flight was costing me some distance because at times it looked like the ball was being dropped out of an airplane...bombs away!!  I'm going to play around with the adjustments and see if going to a lower loft with bring the flight down some.  Even with all that, I really like the shaft and am interested to see what a few adjustments will do for me.  I'm hoping they make a 75 gram 6.0 shaft in the works as I make like that a little more since it closer to what I have now.  Actually I hope they make a 85 gram version too as I think the shaft could be really nice in a fairway too.

There will be an 85g model just not sure if it’s coming to retail like the other EF did. Pretty sure it will in 6.5 flex maybe not in 6.0
Titleist 917D3 8.5 w/ Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 75 6.5
Titleist 917F2 15 w/ Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9 TX
Titleist 718T-MB 2i, 716T-MB 4i, 718MB 5i-9i w/ Project X 6.5
Vokey BV HandGrind SM7 Raw 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Masterful 009M SSS A040584
WITB LINK NEW PICS 07/04/18

3

#214 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1114

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

I am noticing that this shaft does feel lighter than others from a swing weight aspect.
2016 M1 Tour Issue 7.5° - Rogue 70s
Ping i3 1 Iron 15° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - S300
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - S300
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

4

#215 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

Played 36 on Sunday... I had planned to use T1100 in the morning and switch back to Black in the afternoon with concerns of losing control with tired swings. However, morning round took forever so I didn't get a chance (totally forgot) to make my adjustment before teeing off again. However I was able to hit most of my drives just as well as I did in the first round so I think I am on better understanding now on how to keep the shaft working.
I had 2 horrendous drives but both were totally on me, trying to hit semi slices to go around trees.  It took a little more focus later in the round to really remind myself not to rush the downswing as the lower body isn't moving as quick as earlier but I was able to hit quite a few straight bombs even at the end of the 2nd round.

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

5

#216 LazyLightning22

LazyLightning22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473468
  • Joined: 06/30/2017
  • Location:Nashville
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 09 July 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Played 36 on Sunday... I had planned to use T1100 in the morning and switch back to Black in the afternoon with concerns of losing control with tired swings. However, morning round took forever so I didn't get a chance (totally forgot) to make my adjustment before teeing off again. However I was able to hit most of my drives just as well as I did in the first round so I think I am on better understanding now on how to keep the shaft working.
I had 2 horrendous drives but both were totally on me, trying to hit semi slices to go around trees.  It took a little more focus later in the round to really remind myself not to rush the downswing as the lower body isn't moving as quick as earlier but I was able to hit quite a few straight bombs even at the end of the 2nd round.

How do you feel it compares to the Black? I would assume it's a little more stout with the T1100 in there.
Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5*- Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.5
Titleist 909 F3 13.5*- Diamana Blue Board S
Titleist 909H 21*- Aldila Voodoo S
Titleist OG AP2s 4-PW- DG S300
Vokey Spin Milled 50* 54* 58*
Cameron Newport 1.5

6

#217 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostLazyLightning22, on 09 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 09 July 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Played 36 on Sunday... I had planned to use T1100 in the morning and switch back to Black in the afternoon with concerns of losing control with tired swings. However, morning round took forever so I didn't get a chance (totally forgot) to make my adjustment before teeing off again. However I was able to hit most of my drives just as well as I did in the first round so I think I am on better understanding now on how to keep the shaft working.
I had 2 horrendous drives but both were totally on me, trying to hit semi slices to go around trees.  It took a little more focus later in the round to really remind myself not to rush the downswing as the lower body isn't moving as quick as earlier but I was able to hit quite a few straight bombs even at the end of the 2nd round.

How do you feel it compares to the Black? I would assume it's a little more stout with the T1100 in there.

It is definitely more stout than the Black. The biggest difference to me is Black does not seem to amplify the hiccups in your tempo as much as T1100. I haven't gone back to Black again for direct comparison yet but I will do that soon. I wished I didn't forget to change shaft yesterday.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

7

#218 LazyLightning22

LazyLightning22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473468
  • Joined: 06/30/2017
  • Location:Nashville
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

View Postmister2cool, on 09 July 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:


It is definitely more stout than the Black. The biggest difference to me is Black does not seem to amplify the hiccups in your tempo as much as T1100. I haven't gone back to Black again for direct comparison yet but I will do that soon. I wished I didn't forget to change shaft yesterday.

That's what I've loved about the black so far. No matter what kind of swing I put on it, it seems to respond. Reminds me of all the Diamana Whiteboard profiles, but just a bit smoother. I have no complaints at all with the EF Black. It's been awesome.
Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5*- Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.5
Titleist 909 F3 13.5*- Diamana Blue Board S
Titleist 909H 21*- Aldila Voodoo S
Titleist OG AP2s 4-PW- DG S300
Vokey Spin Milled 50* 54* 58*
Cameron Newport 1.5

8

#219 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostLazyLightning22, on 09 July 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

View Postmister2cool, on 09 July 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

It is definitely more stout than the Black. The biggest difference to me is Black does not seem to amplify the hiccups in your tempo as much as T1100. I haven't gone back to Black again for direct comparison yet but I will do that soon. I wished I didn't forget to change shaft yesterday.

That's what I've loved about the black so far. No matter what kind of swing I put on it, it seems to respond. Reminds me of all the Diamana Whiteboard profiles, but just a bit smoother. I have no complaints at all with the EF Black. It's been awesome.

Yup that's precisely what I felt with the Black as well. For me personally, I think EF Black might be the best fit in driver. I do love the feel and flight on the EF White but it can and have jumped up and bit me in the arse a few times when I wasn't giving my full attention.

Edited by mister2cool, 09 July 2018 - 01:38 PM.

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

9

#220 ahdong

ahdong

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 454162
  • Joined: 02/05/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

so pretty would love to see how they feel


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#221 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1114

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

Review video is up on my buddys page




2016 M1 Tour Issue 7.5° - Rogue 70s
Ping i3 1 Iron 15° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - S300
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - S300
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

11

#222 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

View PostPixlPutterman, on 10 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Review video is up on my buddys page

Now I understand why you said yours felt light when mine was 4 points heavier. at 44.5" it definitely would be light if you didn't adjust with weight.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

12

#223 PixlPutterman

PixlPutterman

    Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24110
  • Joined: 01/16/2007
  • Location:Boise, from St. Louis
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:MikesChevelle
GolfWRX Likes : 1114

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

View Postmister2cool, on 10 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostPixlPutterman, on 10 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

Review video is up on my buddys page


Now I understand why you said yours felt light when mine was 4 points heavier. at 44.5" it definitely would be light if you didn't adjust with weight.

True, but I play all my shafts that length and this one feels the lightest
2016 M1 Tour Issue 7.5° - Rogue 70s
Ping i3 1 Iron 15° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - S300
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 24° - S300
Wilson FG62 5-PW - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 50°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills 7  

My WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c...e/#entry2280019

13

#224 Go_Time

Go_Time

    _

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108988
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

can anyone compare these to the hzrdus yellow and black in 6.5?

14

#225 knudson81

knudson81

    My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50

  • ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 2,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostGo_Time, on 10 July 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

can anyone compare these to the hzrdus yellow and black in 6.5?

It really is a different animal than both of those shafts. If I HAD to choose one that it is closest to, I would saw Yellow. The EF T1100 will be easier to load and have more of that kick at impact that you will feel with HZRDUS Yellow. For me the EF Black and T1100 launch a little higher than HZRDUS Yellow or Black and with a little less fade.

I am one of the two guys on Two Guys Talkin Golf. You should listen to us.

Follow Two Guys Talkin Golf on Social!

Posted ImagePosted Image

15

#226 Go_Time

Go_Time

    _

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108988
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

View Postknudson81, on 11 July 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

View PostGo_Time, on 10 July 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

can anyone compare these to the hzrdus yellow and black in 6.5?

It really is a different animal than both of those shafts. If I HAD to choose one that it is closest to, I would saw Yellow. The EF T1100 will be easier to load and have more of that kick at impact that you will feel with HZRDUS Yellow. For me the EF Black and T1100 launch a little higher than HZRDUS Yellow or Black and with a little less fade.

You're saying the EF Black and T1100(white?) had less fade for you? I've only so far compared the Yellow with EF Black and Yellow was much better for me. EF Black wanted to fade and borderline slice, sometimes block. Yellow was more of a cut on my "misses". Will hopefully be comparing the Hzrdus Black, Yellow, and EF White and Black sometime next week side by side. What is your SS and transition type?

Edited by Go_Time, 11 July 2018 - 08:17 AM.


16

#227 knudson81

knudson81

    My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50

  • ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 2,764 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

Yes, for me I found the EvenFlow Black and White (T1100) was easier to turn over and I hit less of a fade with those models. For me the HZRDUS Black and Yellow go right just a little more with my very quick tempo and transition. I swing it around 110.
I am one of the two guys on Two Guys Talkin Golf. You should listen to us.

Follow Two Guys Talkin Golf on Social!

Posted ImagePosted Image

17

#228 Go_Time

Go_Time

    _

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108988
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

gotcha thanks!

18

#229 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

View Postknudson81, on 11 July 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yes, for me I found the EvenFlow Black and White (T1100) was easier to turn over and I hit less of a fade with those models. For me the HZRDUS Black and Yellow go right just a little more with my very quick tempo and transition. I swing it around 110.

I would echo that. Entire EF line is easier to turn over comparing to HZRDUS line. There was no draw shots whatsoever for me with HZRDUS T1100 no matter how I tried.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

19

#230 Go_Time

Go_Time

    _

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108988
  • Joined: 06/03/2010
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 358

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

I guess my timing isn't good enough for the kick on the EF black then? Not sure what else would explain the fading/slicing and high block/fading....aside from my swing, of course


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#231 300_yard_drives

300_yard_drives

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14102
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
  • Location:San Bernardino, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 604

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:23 AM

I wonder if the paint holds up better on this shaft than my t1100. Been using the t1100 since February and it is the most beat up and scratched shaft I have ever used and I take good care of my clubs and have a long headcover that protects part of the shaft.

21

#232 mister2cool

mister2cool

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
  • Joined: 08/07/2009
  • Location:Warren, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

View Post300_yard_drives, on 13 July 2018 - 05:23 AM, said:

I wonder if the paint holds up better on this shaft than my t1100. Been using the t1100 since February and it is the most beat up and scratched shaft I have ever used and I take good care of my clubs and have a long headcover that protects part of the shaft.

HZRDUS T1100's shinny paint is some type of automotive chrome paint that cost insane amount of money and yes it scratched pretty easily. Actually it looks scratched even before it is really scratched.

EF T1100 has a dull white paint but curiously without the usual clear coat over it. It's been in my bag for about a month now and it definitely looks like holding up better than the chrome paint did.
2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow T1100 65 6.0
2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
Putter... Who needs that?

22

#233 ForTourUseOnly

ForTourUseOnly

    Twisty Oval Pivot

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6929
  • Joined: 10/19/2005
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:+1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 131

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

View Postmister2cool, on 13 July 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

View Post300_yard_drives, on 13 July 2018 - 05:23 AM, said:

I wonder if the paint holds up better on this shaft than my t1100. Been using the t1100 since February and it is the most beat up and scratched shaft I have ever used and I take good care of my clubs and have a long headcover that protects part of the shaft.

HZRDUS T1100's shinny paint is some type of automotive chrome paint that cost insane amount of money and yes it scratched pretty easily. Actually it looks scratched even before it is really scratched.

EF T1100 has a dull white paint but curiously without the usual clear coat over it. It's been in my bag for about a month now and it definitely looks like holding up better than the chrome paint did.

Although I haven't played much golf lately I agree the paint seems to hold up nicely on the EF T1100
Titleist 917D3 8.5 w/ Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 75 6.5
Titleist 917F2 15 w/ Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 9 TX
Titleist 718T-MB 2i, 716T-MB 4i, 718MB 5i-9i w/ Project X 6.5
Vokey BV HandGrind SM7 Raw 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Masterful 009M SSS A040584
WITB LINK NEW PICS 07/04/18

23

#234 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3584

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

I'll write up more now that I'm off 'vacation' --

The shaft is a more-burly version of the even flow black. As others have noted, it is anti left for most strikes except for aggressive transitions from the top. If u lean on it and get quick,  it becomes tougher to time the kick. It DOES kick for me. If I put smooth swings on this shaft, it's as long as my Kuro XD, but the slightest uptick in tempo or rhythm and it can get wonky on u. For those who loved the black but wanted a touch firmer feel and a bit lower spin, this EF White T1100 is the ticket.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by gioguy21, 14 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

M3 460 10.5 / Kuro Kage XD 60TX

M4 3W / GD IZ 7X Tipped 1/2"

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Black Slant / 35"

TP5x #1 "GIO"


2018 Shaft Shootout:

Even Flow White T1100 75 6.5


24

#235 mwink822

mwink822

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62954
  • Joined: 08/11/2008
  • Location:Delaware
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

View PostForTourUseOnly, on 14 June 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View Postmwink822, on 14 June 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostForTourUseOnly, on 13 June 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

Played 9 holes with it tonight in a pretty stiff wind and here is my review;

From a build/spec standpoint: the shaft isn't counterbalanced like the HZRDUS T1100 it builds to about 1-1.5 points heavier than Even Flow black so more inline with HZRDUS Black. The butt end is .600" parallel like the HZRDUS line so no need to build up the bottom hand like the EF black and blues. It freq out quite a bit softer than the HZRDUS T1100 but still plays fairly firm feeling

Feel: not as smooth as I expected with the Even Flow name but nowhere close to the demanding feel of the HZRDUS T1100

Flight: seemed to be a touch lower than the EF Black I have used and a little less left prone with the stiffer tip section.

Overall I'd say this is more like the HZRDUS line than the Evenflow line. It's like a T1100 infused HZRDUS Black. (Not counterbalanced, low flight and .600 butt diameter)

I'll try and get some trackman numbers next week when I have time but let me know if you have any questions.

Are you able to compare this to Rogue Silver 125 MSI at all?

Again tough comparison because the feel of the rogue to me is so brittle feeling and it’s super counterbalanced. Flight wise I’d say this is a bit lower and easier to load compared to the rogue 125. Feel is much smoother than the rogue 125 but not as smooth as Atmos Black 7x I have that’s tipped 1”

Thanks for the compare.  If it's smoother feeling than Rogue 125, I'm definitely interested.  I'm playing a Rogue 70 Tour X 125 right now and while I'm getting good results with it, I'm not crazy about the counterbalanced overall very stiff feel.  I can't speak for the Atmos Black as I haven't tried one.  I may have to start trolling around to see if I can't get my grubby little paws on an Evenflow T1100

Titleist 917D3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Tour X 125 MSI
Titleist 915 Fd 13.5* Diamana S+ 80X (rotates in and out based on course played)
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Aldila Rogue Black 80X 95 MSI
3-P Mizuno JPX 900 Tour Nippon Modus 3 105X
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

25

#236 gioguy21

gioguy21

    Habitual Line Stepper

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 244071
  • Joined: 04/09/2013
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:+0.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3584

Posted Today, 10:05 AM

View Postmwink822, on 18 July 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostForTourUseOnly, on 14 June 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View Postmwink822, on 14 June 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostForTourUseOnly, on 13 June 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

Played 9 holes with it tonight in a pretty stiff wind and here is my review;

From a build/spec standpoint: the shaft isn't counterbalanced like the HZRDUS T1100 it builds to about 1-1.5 points heavier than Even Flow black so more inline with HZRDUS Black. The butt end is .600" parallel like the HZRDUS line so no need to build up the bottom hand like the EF black and blues. It freq out quite a bit softer than the HZRDUS T1100 but still plays fairly firm feeling

Feel: not as smooth as I expected with the Even Flow name but nowhere close to the demanding feel of the HZRDUS T1100

Flight: seemed to be a touch lower than the EF Black I have used and a little less left prone with the stiffer tip section.

Overall I'd say this is more like the HZRDUS line than the Evenflow line. It's like a T1100 infused HZRDUS Black. (Not counterbalanced, low flight and .600 butt diameter)

I'll try and get some trackman numbers next week when I have time but let me know if you have any questions.

Are you able to compare this to Rogue Silver 125 MSI at all?

Again tough comparison because the feel of the rogue to me is so brittle feeling and it’s super counterbalanced. Flight wise I’d say this is a bit lower and easier to load compared to the rogue 125. Feel is much smoother than the rogue 125 but not as smooth as Atmos Black 7x I have that’s tipped 1”

Thanks for the compare.  If it's smoother feeling than Rogue 125, I'm definitely interested.  I'm playing a Rogue 70 Tour X 125 right now and while I'm getting good results with it, I'm not crazy about the counterbalanced overall very stiff feel.  I can't speak for the Atmos Black as I haven't tried one.  I may have to start trolling around to see if I can't get my grubby little paws on an Evenflow T1100
while i'm not FTUO - i felt like the EF T1100 was smoother than rogue 125, and rogue 130 platinum IMO.

Edited by gioguy21, Today, 10:05 AM.

M3 460 10.5 / Kuro Kage XD 60TX

M4 3W / GD IZ 7X Tipped 1/2"

P790 3I / Tensei Pro White Hybrid 90TX

MP18 MB 4I-PW /  CTaper Lite X

SM7 52 (8), 58 (8)  /  DG S200

MD3 Chrome 64 (8)  /  DG S200

Piretti Tour Custom 801R / 35.5"

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Black Slant / 35"

TP5x #1 "GIO"


2018 Shaft Shootout:

Even Flow White T1100 75 6.5


26



32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 1 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors