Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Trouble with Swing Speed Radar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lomo Saltado

Lomo Saltado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459444
  • Handicap:15.1
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

I just got one from Amazon (the blue SSR) and have tried it out twice. No matter where I set the thing up I can't get it to read consistently. Using the instructions literally I measured 8-10" away from ball with the 45 degree angle. I'm hitting from a flat, level grass tee. My readings on a 7i ranged from 62mph -> 88mph. The shots I was hitting were solid and reasonably straight but the radar readings are really where all over the place. I could hit two shots, back-to-back right at my target with near identical ball flight, but radar readings differed by more than 10mph. Not sure if I got a defective unit. I already printed a return label and plan to get a refund but I thought I'd inquire here to see if maybe I'm doing something wrong and give it one more try.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 vsabre

vsabre

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

I've got a red one being delivered tomorrow and I'll take it out tomorrow afternoon then post back here. I know what my numbers should be. My plan is to use it for driver swing speed training but I'll hit some irons with it as well. Most of the reviews I read had it doing what it's supposed to do. Nothing more, nothing less so we'll see. Let you know on Friday at the latest.
Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#3 vsabre

vsabre

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

View Postvsabre, on 09 May 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

I've got a red one being delivered tomorrow and I'll take it out tomorrow afternoon then post back here. I know what my numbers should be. My plan is to use it for driver swing speed training but I'll hit some irons with it as well. Most of the reviews I read had it doing what it's supposed to do. Nothing more, nothing less so we'll see. Let you know on Friday at the latest.

Sorry, shipment came in a day late but got it out this afternoon. Same unit as yours with just tempo added. Hit a few wedges and all the numbers were good and moved on to a 6 iron. My 6 iron is normally 84-87 and SSRT was 78-81 and pretty consistent with that number. No issues really in my case since I bought it for the driver and the grass at the local muni range isn't the best lie to hit an iron off of.

The 6 iron  numbers were consistent just off a little and I need to see it on a better turf environment before making a judgement on the SSRT and irons.

Moving on to the driver, it was really solid and numbers were spot on.  Set up a a little diifferent than their instructions through trial and error . About 5-6 inches away worked best with the SSRT and about 1 inch ahead of a teed ball. More like 30 degrees instead of 45. Picked up 95-97 on my first swings and I was able to move it up to 100 through better tempo ( think Orange Whip) and better release at the bottom, NOT swinging harder just faster.

I can see this helping on driver SS, not sure yet on how to use it with irons unless maybe a driving iron off a tee.

Hope that helps a little.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180512_163848.jpg

Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#4 Lomo Saltado

Lomo Saltado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459444
  • Handicap:15.1
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:29 AM

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. Pretty sure I got a lemon but I'll give it one more try before I return it. I have a Zepp 2 as well and it is usually 4-5 mph slower when compared to my Trackman numbers but my SSR is just all over the place. I'm gonna try setting up like yours and see if it helps.

#5 kiddoc

kiddoc

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33550
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Change the batteries.
I get off numbers at times, and this usually works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors