Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Exotics EX10 3 wood = wow!


41 replies to this topic

#31 ohiogolf99

ohiogolf99

    Mini Tour Advisor

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433038
  • Joined: 07/18/2016
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

A little help here? Anyone have any insight or can direct me to a more proper thread? Thanks!

Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 geochitown

geochitown

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62355
  • Joined: 08/05/2008
  • Location:Libertyville, IL
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

I did notice a higher ball flight with my EX10 Beta 16.5, and that was with a non-stock shaft (i purchased a used head off of the bay) and put in a Matrix 8M2 stiff.

Not ballooning at all though.

You could pop that Rombax in the EX10 Beta though...remove the shaft variability.

seems like your shaft weight progression has been going lighter...

maybe Aldila 75 is too light?

Edited by geochitown, 13 June 2018 - 02:52 PM.

Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - TP6HD Firm tipped xx" - 44.25" (CANNON!)
TEE XCG7 Beta 5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 1.625" at 41.75"
TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
Maxfli Revolution Black 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43,48) at -1/2" length DGS300U
Vokey SM4 52-08F
Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*)
Vokey SM5 60-07S
Coutour Dornoch Putter 33" - 365g Head - SS Flatso 2.0

2

#33 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

 ohiogolf99, on 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

A little help here? Anyone have any insight or can direct me to a more proper thread? Thanks!

You didn't really explain anything. All you said was your launch wasn't right and it balloons? Is it launching to high? to low?

The Rogue Max shaft, regardless of how it is marketed, is not a low spin low launch shaft. Is the shaft tipped at all? most 3 woods depending on your swing speed should be tipped an inch to bring down spin.

Headweight shouldn't have anything to do with it. Possibly hitting to far down on the 3 wood or hitting it to low on the face could be the cause of the ballooning.....

Most likely are hitting it to low on the face to see the ballooning.
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP 5 C-Taper 130x
Vokey
Spider

3

#34 geochitown

geochitown

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62355
  • Joined: 08/05/2008
  • Location:Libertyville, IL
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 230

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

 Sh00terMcgavin, on 13 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

 ohiogolf99, on 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

A little help here? Anyone have any insight or can direct me to a more proper thread? Thanks!

You didn't really explain anything. All you said was your launch wasn't right and it balloons? Is it launching to high? to low?

The Rogue Max shaft, regardless of how it is marketed, is not a low spin low launch shaft. Is the shaft tipped at all? most 3 woods depending on your swing speed should be tipped an inch to bring down spin.

Headweight shouldn't have anything to do with it. Possibly hitting to far down on the 3 wood or hitting it to low on the face could be the cause of the ballooning.....

Most likely are hitting it to low on the face to see the ballooning.

I understood that he is fighting too high of a launch.
Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - TP6HD Firm tipped xx" - 44.25" (CANNON!)
TEE XCG7 Beta 5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 1.625" at 41.75"
TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
Maxfli Revolution Black 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43,48) at -1/2" length DGS300U
Vokey SM4 52-08F
Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*)
Vokey SM5 60-07S
Coutour Dornoch Putter 33" - 365g Head - SS Flatso 2.0

4

#35 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

 geochitown, on 13 June 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

 Sh00terMcgavin, on 13 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

 ohiogolf99, on 13 June 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

A little help here? Anyone have any insight or can direct me to a more proper thread? Thanks!

You didn't really explain anything. All you said was your launch wasn't right and it balloons? Is it launching to high? to low?

The Rogue Max shaft, regardless of how it is marketed, is not a low spin low launch shaft. Is the shaft tipped at all? most 3 woods depending on your swing speed should be tipped an inch to bring down spin.

Headweight shouldn't have anything to do with it. Possibly hitting to far down on the 3 wood or hitting it to low on the face could be the cause of the ballooning.....

Most likely are hitting it to low on the face to see the ballooning.

I understood that he is fighting too high of a launch.

But Ballooning doesn't usually occur if he is launching to high. Ballooning will usually occur when someone hits it low on the face, or hit down on the ball to much, comes out launching low and climbs to the sky.

Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP 5 C-Taper 130x
Vokey
Spider

5

#36 ohiogolf99

ohiogolf99

    Mini Tour Advisor

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433038
  • Joined: 07/18/2016
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Sorry, It was coming out lower to mid launch then it got out to about 150 or so and starts to climb -a lot- in comparison to my 904f w rombax 6w06. Thinking of trying an 80gram d+... I have the 70 in my driver right now and I’m very comfortable w it. The main use of this 3 wood will be off the tee where being able to flight it high or low is main key. I don’t hate my Titleist at all, just fig it was time for a little 10 year technology upgrade and the cult following of TEE is very real.
Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"

6

#37 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

 ohiogolf99, on 13 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Sorry, It was coming out lower to mid launch then it got out to about 150 or so and starts to climb -a lot- in comparison to my 904f w rombax 6w06. Thinking of trying an 80gram d+... I have the 70 in my driver right now and I’m very comfortable w it. The main use of this 3 wood will be off the tee where being able to flight it high or low is main key. I don’t hate my Titleist at all, just fig it was time for a little 10 year technology upgrade and the cult following of TEE is very real.

If your striking it pure and are having balloon trouble, I would definitely look into a different shaft. The Diamana shafts are some of the best fairway shafts out there. The blue board has a cult like following for a fairway shaft.
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP 5 C-Taper 130x
Vokey
Spider

7

#38 ohiogolf99

ohiogolf99

    Mini Tour Advisor

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433038
  • Joined: 07/18/2016
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the input guys! Not sure if the shaft is tipped, fairly certain it is just factory standard however tour edge does it. My strike point may have been a little low on a few but it was a ball flight I honestly haven’t seen since I tried the OG big berthas in the late 90s(but in 98 I didn’t know any better about shaft selection other than flex that came in the club off the rack). It sounds like it’s back to the research lab (forum search) on what may work best for me. May end up putting this club on the bst board for a deal and just start over, honestly would prefer a slightly smaller footprint/ deeper ‘looking’ face if I can find one. But I might just be saying that bc I didn’t get the initial results I wanted. Again, I appreciate the feedback, one of these days I’ll be able to post a ‘the bag is set’... hopefully before 2019...

Edited by ohiogolf99, 13 June 2018 - 10:39 PM.

Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"

8

#39 ohiogolf99

ohiogolf99

    Mini Tour Advisor

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433038
  • Joined: 07/18/2016
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

Got it on trackman today for a few swings after fitting my driver... upwards of 4500-5000 rpm, struck well. Maxed out at 255yds and it was falling out of the sky like a pitching wedge. Just bought a d+ 80x from a fellow member. Will report back in a week or two.
Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"

9

#40 p3ga

p3ga

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209795
  • Joined: 11/03/2012
  • Location:The Home for the Terminally Bored
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 306

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Monkeyboy, how much distance are you giving up off the tee compared to your 910 driver?

Color me interested.

Phil

I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
His hair was perfect

- Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London



All the clubs I've ever owned.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 monkeyboy

monkeyboy

    Tour Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49206
  • Joined: 02/18/2008
  • Location:Alpharetta, GA
  • Handicap:10.0
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

 p3ga, on 14 June 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

Monkeyboy, how much distance are you giving up off the tee compared to your 910 driver?

Color me interested.
Really hard to say - depends alot on quality hits vs less than perfect blows
3 wood comes out more bullet like, I feel like I can work it easier.

On average, on good strikes, I'd say my 3 wood is still roughly 20 yards behind my driver.  The equalizer is that I don't always hit my driver 'pure' (or my 3 wood) therefore, my 3 wood can equal or beat my driver distances at times.  

Let me just say - more tools and variety based on the circumstances.   But it is good knowing that I am not giving up 40 yards on a like for like stroke with driver vs 3 wood.
LEFT IS RIGHT
Driver (9.5) - Titleist 910D3 Ozik Matrix X-Con6 R
Wood (15) - Exotics EX10 Aldila Rougue Silver 70 S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.04 L DG S300
Putter - Gauge Design GAA-8
Ball - Snell MTB Red

11

#42 hartman29

hartman29

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 287917
  • Joined: 12/15/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

Proud Beta 15* owner here. Probably have the wrong shaft for my swing speed (max 75 stiff), seeing mostly mid bullets. Would like a little higher flight.

Even with that, its the best fairway Ive ever had.

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors