Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Odysessy EXO Pre-Order


72 replies to this topic

#1 AzSuperHack76

AzSuperHack76

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214249
  • Joined: 12/03/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:17 PM

Hello all, just curious if anyone has had the chance to roll the EXO line yet.

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 RodrigoNicely

RodrigoNicely

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487678
  • Joined: 11/28/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

Have the 7s coming. Rolled them when the rep was in. Reminds me of my Japanese ix putter.  Very solid feel

2

#3 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

Indy S here too...gonna be difficult for anything to banish my Spider Tour!

Edited by Steelhead, 04 May 2018 - 08:19 PM.

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

3

#4 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Looking forward to rolling the Rossie to see if it may unseat the Piretti...

4

#5 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
  • Handicap:8.3
  • Ebay ID:Noodle3872
GolfWRX Likes : 527

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

#7 has been on order for a few weeks. Can’t wait!


5

#6 Stew@scotland

Stew@scotland

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 279355
  • Joined: 10/07/2013
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostAzSuperHack76, on 04 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hello all, just curious if anyone has had the chance to roll the EXO line yet.

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?
I've had the EXO INDI for 3 weeks, my golf coach is friends with the odyssey rep here in scotland so i was the first person in the uk to get there hands on it.
It's very stable, off centre hits act like centre hits they still go straight and the same distance, sound is louder feel is harder than o-works.
After trying loads of different putters over the years this with finally knock old faithful out of the bag so i've pre ordered the INDI.
Taylormade M4 D'Type Driver  (mrc tensei blue shaft)
Taylormade M4 3 Wood HL  (mrc tensei blue shaft)
Taylormade M4 Hybrids 3 & 4  (mrc tensei blue shaft)
Taylormade MCGB Irons 5-PW  (true temper xp 100 shafts)
Cleveland CBX Wedges 48, 54 & 60  (kbs hi-rev 2.0 shafts)
Nike Tour Issue Method Core Drone Putter or
Odyssey EXO Indianapolis
Callaway Chrome Soft 2018 Ball
Taylormade Golf Bag
Nike Hat, Glove, Shoes and Clothes

6

#7 AzSuperHack76

AzSuperHack76

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214249
  • Joined: 12/03/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

View PostStew@scotland, on 06 May 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

View PostAzSuperHack76, on 04 May 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hello all, just curious if anyone has had the chance to roll the EXO line yet.

I pre-ordered the Indy S, without ever having rolled it, love the head shape and the fact it's a slant neck. Will be interesting to see how the insert feels and performs. I currently have a jailbird mini s and 7s and really like them, but of course being the putter ho that I am, tinker time, all the time.

Anyone else pre-order?
I've had the EXO INDI for 3 weeks, my golf coach is friends with the odyssey rep here in scotland so i was the first person in the uk to get there hands on it.
It's very stable, off centre hits act like centre hits they still go straight and the same distance, sound is louder feel is harder than o-works.
After trying loads of different putters over the years this with finally knock old faithful out of the bag so i've pre ordered the INDI.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for that feedback, I am looking to a more firm feeling putter insert compared to the o-works insert.

7

#8 third-times-a-charm

third-times-a-charm

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464568
  • Joined: 04/22/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 209

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

lots of great feedback on the toulon indy which came out first. lots of guys love it.
Long Live Nike

8

#9 burge

burge

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1410
  • Joined: 06/06/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

Ordered a Rossi S last week based only on reviews available online.  I went into the local golf shop and the owner did not know about the EXO so he called the rep while I was there.  The rep did not know the Rossie was available as a Rossie S, but he confirmed that it was and placed the order.  It may take a little longer to get since I ordered the black shaft that was available on O-Works, but I’m hoping since the order was made on the first day available that it won’t take forever.

9

#10 Sakman

Sakman

    @ryansako

  • Marshals
  • 5,943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1687
  • Joined: 06/15/2005
  • Location:N 41° 34' 54.0491"

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

View PostRodrigoNicely, on 04 May 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

Have the 7s coming. Rolled them when the rep was in. Reminds me of my Japanese ix putter.  Very solid feel

This is music to my ears.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 RodrigoNicely

RodrigoNicely

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487678
  • Joined: 11/28/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostSakman, on 07 May 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostRodrigoNicely, on 04 May 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

Have the 7s coming. Rolled them when the rep was in. Reminds me of my Japanese ix putter.  Very solid feel

This is music to my ears.

Ha ha one of my favorite putters all time

11

#12 bd59

bd59

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127312
  • Joined: 04/23/2011
  • Location:Southern Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

For the guys that rolled the Indy, is it a different feel than the Toulon Indy? I had that putter and did not like the feel at all. I’m wanting to go Indy S but hoping it’s better than the first.

12

#13 NWS Alpine

NWS Alpine

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108914
  • Joined: 06/02/2010
  • Location:South FL
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

View Postbd59, on 07 May 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

For the guys that rolled the Indy, is it a different feel than the Toulon Indy? I had that putter and did not like the feel at all. I'm wanting to go Indy S but hoping it's better than the first.

I tried the indy for the first time this weekend and didn't like the feel either. The other Toulon putters felt great and side by side it really made the indy feel bad. I had never tried any before this and the Atlanta H4 counterbalanced MR is awesome. There was no EXO putters at the PGASS to try yet.

13

#14 Kimo62

Kimo62

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492970
  • Joined: 02/07/2018
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Have my EXO 7 with black shaft pre ordered. I honestly dont even know if I want to play it.... it looks that pretty in the pics.  
Plus my O works 7 red is behaving well this season..... so far. Lol

14

#15 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

3065F5EE-82BA-49D8-8AE5-7CAB55E78FE8.jpeg
A5D3A802-DA5B-420B-A490-F851D91C7565.jpeg
Just back from a golf vacation and my EXO S was waiting for me...You White Hot guys are gonna LOVE the feel...It’ll be on the greens tomorrow!

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

15

#16 AzSuperHack76

AzSuperHack76

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214249
  • Joined: 12/03/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

Looks great! Can’t wait to get mine in!

16

#17 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Anyone seen these in stores yet? I know it releases next week or whatever but curious if anyone has actually seen or rolled one in person.

17

#18 layingfive

layingfive

    "A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326111
  • Joined: 07/11/2014
  • Location:Mississippi
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

Can someone either enlighten me or point me to a write-up on the goals of the Indianapolis design? I'll give anything a try, but that design is downright freakish. There's a part of me that likes that, but then again, I'm not sure how it'd fit my eye in practice. But if there's a practical justification for the freakishness, then I'm all in on getting over it.

And while we're on the subject, why is it called Indianapolis? From directly above, the clubhead does sort of look like a shark. Is the name an allusion to the U.S.S. Indianapolis? To be clear, I'm not asking this as a joke -- I've been unable to think of any other justification.

18

#19 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,876 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4521

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

If anyone gets the Rossie in, please post some pics, curious of the head size on it.

I was also hoping I could fit a few of the little tungsten squares on the perimeter (looks like a small cavity on the sole), get another 10g or so on it.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Rogue SZ 3W - HZRDUS Yellow 76
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

19

#20 NWS Alpine

NWS Alpine

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108914
  • Joined: 06/02/2010
  • Location:South FL
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

View Postlayingfive, on 09 May 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Can someone either enlighten me or point me to a write-up on the goals of the Indianapolis design? I'll give anything a try, but that design is downright freakish. There's a part of me that likes that, but then again, I'm not sure how it'd fit my eye in practice. But if there's a practical justification for the freakishness, then I'm all in on getting over it.

And while we're on the subject, why is it called Indianapolis? From directly above, the clubhead does sort of look like a shark. Is the name an allusion to the U.S.S. Indianapolis? To be clear, I'm not asking this as a joke -- I've been unable to think of any other justification.

The design is inspired by the front nose of a indy car https://www.youtube....h?v=IaKFjmcwluo

The toulon version has the indy car engraving where the exo doesn't so it is harder to understand the reference. The weight far back and to the sides helps with increasing MOI.

Edited by NWS Alpine, 09 May 2018 - 09:50 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 BlackM00Nlight

BlackM00Nlight

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 422626
  • Joined: 04/26/2016
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 963

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver Speeder Evolution II 661X
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood Speeder Evolution II 661X
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3up)

Nike Origin B1-01 35" putter
Nike RZN Tour Black
Nike TW 71 White/Pure Platinum
Nike TW 71 Wolf Grey/University Red
Nike TW 15 Black/University Red
Nike Lunar Vapor Storm Black/Solar Red
Nike Performance Cart IV Black/Silver
Nike Vapor Fly Umbrella
Bag Boy Tri-Swivel II Push-Cart Black

21

#22 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

View PostBlackM00Nlight, on 09 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!
Spent an hour on greens rolling putts with my Exo Indy s. Night and day difference in sound/feel! Simply great feedback on strikes. Performance is the same as the O Works. Silly forgiving on all kinds of strokes. I had better distance control with the Exo vs O Works. Deadly as my DJ Spider in that regard. Head feels a bit light for me and was initially concerned about swing stability but the results bare out the high MOI and it was rolling right where I was aiming like it was on a mission...
G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

22

#23 Kmac

Kmac

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125246
  • Joined: 03/25/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

View PostSteelhead, on 09 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostBlackM00Nlight, on 09 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!
Spent an hour on greens rolling putts with my Exo Indy s. Night and day difference in sound/feel! Simply great feedback on strikes. Performance is the same as the O Works. Silly forgiving on all kinds of strokes. I had better distance control with the Exo vs O Works. Deadly as my DJ Spider in that regard. Head feels a bit light for me and was initially concerned about swing stability but the results bare out the high MOI and it was rolling right where I was aiming like it was on a mission...

So did the Spider Tour get kicked out of the bag?

23

#24 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostKmac, on 09 May 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

View PostSteelhead, on 09 May 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View PostBlackM00Nlight, on 09 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just curious to see how the white hot insert compares to the current o-works resin insert!
Spent an hour on greens rolling putts with my Exo Indy s. Night and day difference in sound/feel! Simply great feedback on strikes. Performance is the same as the O Works. Silly forgiving on all kinds of strokes. I had better distance control with the Exo vs O Works. Deadly as my DJ Spider in that regard. Head feels a bit light for me and was initially concerned about swing stability but the results bare out the high MOI and it was rolling right where I was aiming like it was on a mission...

So did the Spider Tour get kicked out of the bag?
No ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... Not as of today...
Have had an amazing amount of success with the Spider Tour and am so at home with it (read: birdies that I may or may not deserve) I will give the Exo a few rounds but for me, it will take a lot to supplant it. Not because it isn’t a great stick but confidence must be earned :-)
The Spider Tour still feels and sounds firmer and the Exo may be best compared to the JD red Spider in feel/sound.

Edited by Steelhead, 09 May 2018 - 10:40 PM.

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

24

#25 gator

gator

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493
  • Joined: 05/03/2005
  • Location:Suwanee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

Steelhead, how’d you get yours so soon?


25

#26 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 09 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

View Postgator, on 09 May 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Steelhead, how’d you get yours so soon?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I have no idea...I ordered it next day air. They sent a ship confirmation and it showed up :-).
G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

26

#27 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 193

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Three rounds in on the Exo Indy S. I’m pretty disappointed with odyssey’s marketing of a 33” putter with the same head weight as the 34,35”. Too light. Ruins it. You Scotty haters can say the Cameron’s are “overpriced“ but to Dons credit, they have appropriate weights for heads. Thought about doctoring it up but meh, my Spider Tour is rolling well. I’d have paid $399 for decent weighting.

Edited by Steelhead, 11 May 2018 - 07:17 PM.

G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

27

#28 Wardonation

Wardonation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107035
  • Joined: 04/28/2010
  • Handicap:+2.8
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

7S is out for delivery for me as we speak will post review...

28

#29 MSUIRONDAWGS

MSUIRONDAWGS

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105474
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostSteelhead, on 11 May 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Three rounds in on the Exo Indy S. I'm pretty disappointed with odyssey's marketing of a 33" putter with the same head weight as the 34,35". Too light. Ruins it. You Scotty haters can say the Cameron's are "overpriced" but to Dons credit, they have appropriate weights for heads. Thought about doctoring it up but meh, my Spider Tour is rolling well. I'd have paid $399 for decent weighting.

I do agree about the weights and ability to customize without lead tape. This is the only thing holding me back right now for a Rossie. I need a heavier head and dont want to pile on the lead tape.

29

#30 AzSuperHack76

AzSuperHack76

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 975 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214249
  • Joined: 12/03/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 395

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostSteelhead, on 11 May 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Three rounds in on the Exo Indy S. I’m pretty disappointed with odyssey’s marketing of a 33” putter with the same head weight as the 34,35”. Too light. Ruins it. You Scotty haters can say the Cameron’s are “overpriced“ but to Dons credit, they have appropriate weights for heads. Thought about doctoring it up but meh, my Spider Tour is rolling well. I’d have paid $399 for decent weighting.

Is there no option to special order?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors