Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

EDEL torque balanced users - long term reviews?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 81PING

81PING

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210015
  • Ebay ID:mattykracks
GolfWRX Likes : 584

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hey all

I'm in the market of grabbing a new Edel TB putter. Unfortunately there aren't many places (basically none) to try these out. I have hit the Odyssey toe up and sunk a ton of putts with it.

For those who are still using, is there any difference performance wise (in terms of feel or face closure) between the E-1 and E-3 models?

I have a slight arc store and have played a wide blade for over 2 years...

COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 srstrait

srstrait

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250272
  • Handicap:8.4
  • Ebay ID:snake9761
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

I have an Edel E-3 and have been using it for the past year. In terms of feel or face closure, no there won’t be a difference between the E-1 and E-3. The difference will be how the shape of the head, combined with shaft offset, alignment aids, length and loft, affect how you aim the putter.
Titleist 915d3 8.5 w/ Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution II TS
Titleist 917 F3 15* w/ Fujikura ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff
Taylormade P790 3iron w/ hzrdus black 85
Ping I20 4-9 w/ KBS Tour  S
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54F, 58V
Edel E3
Taylormade TP5X

#3 81PING

81PING

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

That's good to know. I think a torque balanced would work well for me. I have a slight forward press and a bit of on arc. If anything I leave the face open juat a bit at impact.
COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

#4 LowDime

LowDime

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95284
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:ascholz_2003
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

i seem the be the exact opposite of 81ping i tend to close the face to fast and pull the putts, been looking for a better way to putt. I have been looking at doing the Edel fitting.

#5 bushwood

bushwood

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126186
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

I had a tendency to aim a little right. Edel fitter put in an anser shape with plumber neck with most offset, one line on top and two lines on back. I aimed it perfect after that. 30 gram weight where my bottom hand grips to help with speed control.

Their fitting process is pretty cool

#6 81PING

81PING

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:15 AM

Thanks. I'm still very torn between an edel and a pure custom stick. There are many options at the same price...let's say 350USD.

I'm not sure if the pixl insert and torque balance will out perform a traditional stock. A 1 hour fitting won't exactly answer that question.

When I think of buying an edel, i always wonder why more people don't use them...is it just lack of advertising?
COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
Xenon Copper Wide X
SGC 902

#7 bushwood

bushwood

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126186

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

I went to get fitted for the Edel torque balanced but ended up fitting into their standard putter. It was a better fit for me.

#8 jay_em113

jay_em113

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66459
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Post81PING, on 14 May 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Thanks. I'm still very torn between an edel and a pure custom stick. There are many options at the same price...let's say 350USD.

I'm not sure if the pixl insert and torque balance will out perform a traditional stock. A 1 hour fitting won't exactly answer that question.

When I think of buying an edel, i always wonder why more people don't use them...is it just lack of advertising?
Why spend all that money on something that isn't truly fit for you?  Edel's fitting is second to none.  Don't worry about the insert or torque balance...the fitting will make sure the putter is fit to you so all you have to do is do your normal stroke.  You will have better distance control and aim than with any other putter or fitting.  I think you will find that once you start sinking a lot of putts, the appearance and feel will become of less importance to you.  Besides, they have so many custom options that you can get something that both looks good and performs.

I was fit at their headquarters and was blown away.  I wasn't even expecting to purchase a putter, but the enlightenment was amazing.  After I got my putter, it felt so different that I continued to use my old one.  Then, a few months later, after I continued to be a bad putter, I figured "I need to give this putter I spent so much money on some real time".  My confidence grew with it, and then I really started to putt better and better.  After years and years of switching putters and pretty much being a bad putter, I can safely say that I haven't switched away (or thought about it) from my Edel for over a year, and I would consider myself a pretty good putter now.  I'm so sold on Edel and their fitting that I'm considering going through their single length iron fitting and wedge fitting.

#9 * J Y *

* J Y *

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 411614

Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Jury is still out for me. Honestly my putting has been such a mess that I seriously doubt the putter I'm using makes much of a difference one way or another. I will say I have confidence with where I'm lining up and I do like the way it swings.

I've recently started to look at the hole instead of the ball when I putt. I've seen immediate improvement but its something brand new and I could just be enjoying a change. If that sticks though, I wonder if I need to go get things checked out again at their hqs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors